View Full Version : AMBER ALERT

ZR
03-10-2017, 09:35 AM
TORONTO -- An Amber Alert has been issued for a four-year-old girl who was abducted outside her home in Toronto.
Christina Nyuyen was last seen in a car around 6 a.m. Friday.
Toronto police are searching for a black, 4-door 2008 Toyota Camry that was taken from outside the girl's home in the city's north end in the area of Jane St. and Lawrence Ave. at about 6 a.m.
Police say the child is about 3 feet tall with black shoulder length hair and brown eyes.
She was sitting in a car seat wearing a red winter jacket and a white hat.
Police say the car's plate number is BHVH392 and the vehicle is believed to have rust on the front passenger side.
Police say they are concerned for the girl's safety.

Intmdtr
03-10-2017, 09:38 AM
Police issued its first alert on Twitter around 6:30 a.m. ET Friday. Around 7:30 a.m., they announced the Amber Alert, saying the car had been spotted driving erratically in the area where highways 401 and 403 meet, with the girl still inside.

ZR
03-10-2017, 09:39 AM
OMG, hope she's ok.

RedSN
03-10-2017, 09:49 AM
I always think parents are paranoid about the safety of their kids. But you leave them in the car for just a second, and some dickhead swipes your car!?

Really hope they find her and this ends okay.
I can only imagine the perp shitting his pants right now trying to figure out how he ended up with a 4 y/o in the back seat.

ZR
03-10-2017, 10:52 AM
Police say the vehicle had been left running with the child inside when it was located. Police say the child is OK but will be checked out.

Ghost Rider
03-10-2017, 10:56 AM
That's good!

OldSchool
03-10-2017, 11:06 AM
The "amber alert" system worked well IMHO, it came on our TV interrupted everything and even had my kids informed of the situation. Say what you will about our systems. They were on it!

92redragtop
03-10-2017, 12:26 PM
I always think parents are paranoid about the safety of their kids. But you leave them in the car for just a second, and some dickhead swipes your car!?

Really hope they find her and this ends okay.
I can only imagine the perp shitting his pants right now trying to figure out how he ended up with a 4 y/o in the back seat.

Child was in the open/idling car for up to 10 minutes while the parent went back inside......

RedSN
03-10-2017, 12:29 PM
Glad things ended well.

That parent deserves the heart attack they likely suffered.
10 minutes is a ridiculously long time to leave a kid in a running car. That's not just popping into a convenience store for some smokes or lottery tickets.

92redragtop
03-10-2017, 12:35 PM
Glad things ended well.

That parent deserves the heart attack they likely suffered.
10 minutes is a ridiculously long time to leave a kid in a running car. That's not just popping into a convenience store for some smokes or lottery tickets.

They told the police that they went back in to get the baby/younger kid for a car ride so the 10 minutes can likely go by quickly (I assume the other kid was not quite bundled up or had everything else packed up and ready to go). Not sure why they wouldn't have both ready to go so they wouldn't leave a child sitting unattended in an idling car for that long. Wouldn't do that for my dog.

Glad it all worked out.

Old Fart
03-10-2017, 12:52 PM
^^^bet they won't do that again!!

OldSchool
03-14-2017, 09:13 AM
I am not defending the mom's action, but being a dad with the kids on my own at times, in the winter, say with a set of stairs to get to the house. I had challenges myself, especially if one needed to be carried. Strapping in the older one first, was my method too, My little bugger would tend to get away. She could have done better, sure she could have. She had probably done that "method" dozens of times before. Blaming the mom is easy, but honestly, the prick that Stole the car needs a nut kick IMHO.