PDA

View Full Version : FUCKING BELL!!!!!

5.4MarkVIII
03-10-2017, 01:12 PM
When we took over the business 3 years ago. We thought that the price we were paying for phone service was high. Three lines and around $550 per month.
We have called a few times to question this and have been told that's because we have three lines and the answering service.

Finally looking to save some cash we called another local supplier and they quoted us less than half what we have been paying. But they said make sure you don't have a contract with bell.

So we call bell again and ask if we are i a contract and are looking to cancel. Then the guy "looks into why our bill is so high."
He says oh it's because you on old lines and bell dosnt want people using them so they charge more. He said if we switch to the new lines we will pay between 40 and 50 per line instead of the 150 plus we are paying for each line now.

I was livid. Why didn't someone tell us this before. "Oh we are not alowed to pressure up sell like that." We can only change it if you request it."

So in the last three and a half years I have payed almost $20,000 for phone service. Almost $10,000 more than we needed to and for no reason other than greed on Bells part.

Scrape
03-10-2017, 01:19 PM
Wow, they suck ass. That's why I periodically call customer service to make sure I get the best deals.

mavrrrick
03-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Phone and cable companies all do that....Fucking crooks

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

mavrrrick
03-10-2017, 01:42 PM
We called Rogers to cancel our phone (we all have cells, why home phone) and they dropped our cable rate, they were afraid we were changing to Bell. Loyalty means nothing to big companies.

Sswitch
03-10-2017, 07:02 PM
We called Rogers to cancel our phone (we all have cells, why home phone) and they dropped our cable rate, they were afraid we were changing to Bell. Loyalty means nothing to big companies.

^^^ I do this once or twice a year with every service I have in place. I call and pretend to cancel, until somebody from accounts-recovery comes on the phone and gives me a better rate. I'm cheap! Lol

mavrrrick
03-10-2017, 07:05 PM
No..Your smart...My wife does same thing

True Blue
03-10-2017, 08:09 PM
Use to play the flea market game with Bell, every 6 months or so to get better deals. Got to the point where I said fuck it and went with 3rd party services. The companies I'm dealing with for my services offer better and cheaper packages, plus the CSR's are a pleasure to deal with. No automated computer bull shit! The funny thing is, these 3rd party companies either use or are owned by Bhell or Robbers.

RedSN
03-11-2017, 10:49 AM
"Oh we are not alowed to pressure up sell like that." We can only change it if you request it."
That's not an upsell.

Had something similar at my old place with Enbridge. Called them up to buy out the hot water tank and cancel the rental. Only at that point did they say: "Oh, we noticed your tank is quite old. We could replace that for you?".
At no point did they ever think it was a good idea to replace it while it was a rental.

ZR
03-11-2017, 10:52 AM
^ Same when we called in the early fall to find out where to drop their water heater off.

True Blue
03-11-2017, 11:16 AM
I need to get my ass in gear and get rid of that damn water heater rental, this is long over due. I've been noticing the last few billings Enercare has been increasing the price of the rental ever so slightly, so it's not noticeable.

ZR
03-11-2017, 11:22 AM
^ Yes they do.