PDA

View Full Version : Carproof item listing?

92redragtop
03-19-2017, 12:55 AM
I've been browsing through car listings and came across this item in a couple listings. This report looks odd because the item indicates a lower mileage that the item listed above it.

Anyone seen this before and know what "Independent Source Odometer Reading" means (or why this is done)? How would the mileage discrepancy occur?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/rimohamed/General/IMG_3211_zpsa8qoluav.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rimohamed/media/General/IMG_3211_zpsa8qoluav.jpg.html)

ZR
03-19-2017, 07:53 AM
Perhaps someone in the used car biz will chime in, seen it before and found it just as odd. Always the independent source that tosses a wrench into the mix. Perhaps it's one of those estimated mileage deals like when a dealer sends you a spam about being due for your next service when in fact they have no way of knowing your actual mileage.

03svt
03-19-2017, 07:56 AM
Seems like its right before renewal, could that be the previous owner mileage reporting? Reported incorrectly or Inputted incorrect at MTO?

True Blue
03-19-2017, 08:00 AM
I've seen it before and had it happen to me a long time ago. Instead of taking an actual reading, they just guesstimate.

Stephen06GT
03-19-2017, 08:41 AM
As others have said, typo or guesstimate. Or someone needs new glasses.

92redragtop
03-19-2017, 10:23 AM
Interesting, I saw a couple other with the odometer reading item also but the mileage sequence made sense since it was higher than the previous mileage. This one coming under was odd.

ZR
03-19-2017, 11:21 AM
Rest of it makes perfect sense, would not sway me.

92redragtop
03-19-2017, 11:26 AM
Rest of it makes perfect sense, would not sway me.

This one has a small claim ($1,900 which is likely minor since it doesn't take much to hit that number) but there are others with no claims which is what I'm looking for - the independent odometer reading shows up on some reports (not all). Anyway to tell with these reports if they were not former rental cars. I think you can tell from the UVIP but not sure about these reports.

ZR
03-19-2017, 11:36 AM
Doesn't take much more than a scrape to the bumper cover to hit that kinda money these days, again, zero issue in my eyes.
I prefer to have Carfax + UVIP package in front of me before pulling the trigger.

92redragtop
03-19-2017, 11:51 AM
Doesn't take much more than a scrape to the bumper cover to hit that kinda money these days, again, zero issue in my eyes.
I prefer to have Carfax + UVIP package in front of me before pulling the trigger.

Agreed!