PDA

View Full Version : UK terror attack

92redragtop
03-22-2017, 03:08 PM
Here we go again...RIP to the victims.

U.K. Parliament attack

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/uk-parliament-attack-what-we-know-sofar/article34383452/

RedSN
03-22-2017, 03:28 PM
I'm shocked the outcome was not even worse. That area at the base of Big Ben is super crowded, that side of the bridge is full of photographers.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/London,+UK/@51.5007508,-0.1213628,3a,75y,297.83h,83.25t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1s-dCH3UFTFI7k%2FVVh8KUsFG8I%2FAAAAAAAABRc%2FD1EUfP1M IsMveyTRyHfjTyzvEMbFIb01ACJkC!2e4!3e11!6s%2F%2Flh4 .googleusercontent.com%2F-dCH3UFTFI7k%2FVVh8KUsFG8I%2FAAAAAAAABRc%2FD1EUfP1M IsMveyTRyHfjTyzvEMbFIb01ACJkC%2Fw203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya334.2892-ro-0-fo100%2F!7i7168!8i3584!4m5!3m4!1s0x47d8a00baf21de7 5:0x52963a5addd52a99!8m2!3d51.5073509!4d-0.1277583!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Uncle Buck
03-22-2017, 03:42 PM
Terribly sad.

My 16 year old daughter is going to Europe for 10 days in April. Several countries including the massive 100 year anniversary celebration of Vimmy Ridge in France.

I don't think Mrs Buck and I will sleep very well until she's back safe and sound.

92redragtop
03-22-2017, 03:47 PM
I'm shocked the outcome was not even worse. That area at the base of Big Ben is super crowded, that side of the bridge is full of photographers.

Yup, I was back and forth in that area several times last summer when I took those pics I posted - in August there is a lot of pedestrian traffic on the bridge, at Big Ben, and the Eye on the other side.

83 5.0
03-22-2017, 07:23 PM
Terribly sad.

My 16 year old daughter is going to Europe for 10 days in April. Several countries including the massive 100 year anniversary celebration of Vimmy Ridge in France.

I don't think Mrs Buck and I will sleep very well until she's back safe and sound.

I am also going over in April with my dad who is a WW2 vet. Spoke with him tonight and came to the conclusion that you have a better chance of getting hit by lightning, but your fears are truly real as a parent.

ZR
03-22-2017, 07:55 PM
Terrible news.

mavrrrick
03-22-2017, 09:17 PM
this shit has got to stop!!! Whats wrong with people these days?

True Blue
03-22-2017, 10:42 PM
this shit has got to stop!!! Whats wrong with people these days?

Sad truth, this shit will be the norm...

StAnger
03-23-2017, 07:24 AM
Sad truth, this shit will be the norm...

According to the jihadi mayor of London, it is the norm.

Sadiq Khan: London mayor says terror attacks 'part and parcel' of living in a major city (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/sadiq-khan-london-mayor-terrorism-attacks-part-and-parcel-major-cities-new-york-bombing-a7322846.html)

I'm glad my grandmother isn't alive to see what's become of her home.

Ray721
03-23-2017, 07:43 AM
Religion of peace strikes again...

RedSN
03-23-2017, 09:16 AM
According to the jihadi mayor of London, it is the norm.

Sadiq Khan: London mayor says terror attacks 'part and parcel' of living in a major city

How about pasting the rest of that quote? Did you read the rest of the story? Or just the headline?

Labour politician says capitals 'have got to be prepared' for attacks like New York bombing. The Mayor of London revealed he had a “sleepless night” after the recent bombing in New York, and said major cities around the world “have got to be prepared for these sorts of things” to happen when people least expect them. “That means being vigilant, having a police force that is in touch with communities, it means the security services being ready, but it also means exchanging ideas and best practice”, Mr Khan told the Evening Standard shortly before a meeting with New York mayor Bill de Blasio. Mr Khan was elected as Mayor in May and quickly appointed former Met Police Authority chair Lord Harris to review London’s terrorist attack response, in particular how the capital would cope in the event of multiple attacks taking place simultaneously

Sounds to me like a mayor of a big city doing EXACTLY what a mayor should be doing.

92redragtop
03-23-2017, 09:36 AM
Religion of peace strikes again...

Like the terrorist in Quebec? BTW, how come we don't hear about him?

92redragtop
03-23-2017, 09:37 AM
How about pasting the rest of that quote? Did you read the rest of the story? Or just the headline?

Sounds to me like a mayor of a big city doing EXACTLY what a mayor should be doing.

Trump Jr. re-tweeted just that one line from the quote so everyone's up in arms about an out of context excerpt from a past statement.

TheMustangShow
03-23-2017, 11:46 AM
Like the terrorist in Quebec? BTW, how come we don't hear about him?

Canadian ALT-Left, Pro Muslim Media, that's why.

92redragtop
03-23-2017, 12:25 PM
Canadian ALT-Left, Pro Muslim Media, that's why.

Wouldn't they be keeping the terrorist in the headlines then? He was not a foreigner.

TheMustangShow
03-23-2017, 12:40 PM
Wouldn't they be keeping the terrorist in the headlines then? He was not a foreigner.

Oh, I thought you referring to the Shitestain that used his car on Canadian soldiers.http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/driver-who-ran-into-canadian-soldiers-near-montreal-was-known-to-counter-terrorism-officials-rcmp he was not a Foreigner either.

As for the Mosque Killer, not sure. I'm sure he will be back in the news for his Trial.
We need a Conservative GOV and the return of the Death Penalty to deal with any Terrorist.
This kind of Evil cannot be rehabilitated, eradication is the safest solution for Society.

5.4MarkVIII
03-23-2017, 02:30 PM
Of course your refering to the guy that shot up the mosque.
Remember the one that whitness said there was two gun men, police said there was two gunmen. The chef said there was two gunmen. During the press conference they said there was two gun men. And then all of a sudden the guy of Muslim back ground was no longer a gun man but a witness. But he wasn't allowed to be interviewed. And then When they did "interview" him they did it with him shadowed out and altered his voice even though they had already released his name. And now he has dropped off the face of the planet and everyone in the media immediately hushed up about it almost like there was more to the story that dosnt align with the debatrade that they are putting forward and they didn't want people to know that.

Yeah that attack.

StAnger
03-23-2017, 05:18 PM

Meh. He's one of them... The enemy.

Harbinger
03-24-2017, 09:43 AM
They need to start putting armed army guards in the cities and tighten security. Also not take anymore refugees form conflict countries

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

5.4MarkVIII
03-24-2017, 09:59 AM
They need to start putting armed army guards in the cities and tighten security. Also not take anymore refugees form conflict countries

Hey! stop being so logical.

RedSN
03-24-2017, 10:08 AM
They need to start putting armed army guards in the cities and tighten security.
start?
armed guards on patrol have been common place for a while now all over Europe.

https://cdn5.img.sputniknews.com/images/101864/02/1018640231.jpg

TheMustangShow
03-24-2017, 10:21 AM
start?
armed guards on patrol have been common place for a while now all over Europe.

https://cdn5.img.sputniknews.com/images/101864/02/1018640231.jpg

Yep...The National Guard has been a fixture at the Empire State Building and Penn Station since Sept. 12, 2001.

The amount of money the Islamic Terrorist has cost Western Society in extra Security Costs is staggering!
This is GOV Spending that could have gone to healthcare, education or supporting veterans and our elderly.
In addition to the Barbaric Terrorists Acts on the West, the economic toll from Islamic Terrorism is also significant.

92redragtop
03-24-2017, 12:14 PM

The London terrorist was born in England. There were armed guards in the UK when I was there last summer.

92redragtop
03-25-2017, 10:00 PM
Home grown or foreign born has no bearing on motivation which was radicalization. Likewise it should have no bearing on how this should be dealt with. I guess that makes me phobic.

Yes I'm more likely to be hit by lightning, but lightning doesn't want to kill me, doesn't get indoctrinated to kill me.

Just question your direct logic on strategy re refugees vs this case. Your "solution" would not have addressed this issue so not sure if you're making a general unrelated point or are taking a stab at relevancy that I'm not getting.

92redragtop
03-26-2017, 11:48 AM
I made no reference to refugees. I proposed no solution. I simply made an observation.

Name a religion where being a non member is cause for death. As far as I know there is only one. In societies where freedom of religion, freedom of expression, freedom of speech etc are all fundamental freedoms, intolerant attitudes are not compatible.

I observe this to be an issue that isn't going away. This conflict of ideas is and will continue to be an issue.

"Also not take anymore refugees form conflict countries"

Reference and Proposed Solution?

RedSN
03-26-2017, 12:33 PM
I worship the god of positive manifold pressure but do not run over, stab or otherwise harm adherents of normal aspiriation.
:thumbsup:

92redragtop
03-26-2017, 12:39 PM
"Also not take refugees from conflict countries" is not my statement, please don't attribute to me.

It's not my responsibility to come up with solutions. If I had one I'd propose it. I don't.

Not having a solution should not preclude me from observing and commenting on a problem.

I observe that one specific group is responsible for the vast majority off terror attacks. I do not excuse bad behaviour and see no merit in making excuses for that group.

I'm not anti refugee, nor anti immigration. Our birth rate is too low to sustain growth so we need to bring in people from outside our borders. I would support a program that selects those people based on merit either through skills or economic self sufficiency, with a caveat being they share or are willing to adopt the values of our country.

I'm not a fan of multiculturalism, or at least state sponsored multiculturalism. I beleive this fosters isolationism within foreign born communities, and encourages adoption of values counter to our society.

My parents were foreign born and I enjoy some aspects of the culture of my parents birth country. I do not however feel that the state should sponsor activities relevant to my parents culture. I am free to follow these cultural practices as I like as long as it is not counter to the laws of the land. I do so on my dime and my time. I also have fully adopted the values and rule of law of my country (proud Canadian).

I am free to worship whomever I want and do so without insisting other follow my practices.

I worship the god of positive manifold pressure but do not run over, stab or otherwise harm adherents of normal aspiriation.

My apologies - that was Harbinger. You were responding to my response to Harbinger's post so I thought you were "defending your (ie. Harbinger's post).

Harbinger
03-29-2017, 10:01 AM
Proposed solution would be tougher emigration laws security checks. Makes sense to form a coalition to go into problem area and stabilize the region. Influx of refugees removed most of the sane people from a bad region and fosters growth of corruption.

Harbinger
03-29-2017, 06:30 PM
Im not painting all refugees as criminals. But I agree with you.