View Full Version : Line Lock - Wiring suggestion - ( Arm system + activation switch )

Monera3v
03-26-2017, 12:08 PM
Hello everyone,

I was looking over how SLP wants me to wire the solenoid.

They suggested running the power side from Distro 12v to the solenoid and run the ground from within the car to a switch to the solenoid.

My worries is one day the ground will short, catch ground from the chassis and lock me out during a drive, disabling my front brakes (solenoid blocked)

My thought would be to run a Relay with an external switch ( energizing switch + Line lock activation )

On the relay side, it would be grounded
The power side it will go into the car to a switch and back to the relay ( allow me to energize or de-energize the relay )

A switch will run from the relay to the car and allow me to activate and deactivate the solenoid/relay as long the 12v to relay is energized

I hope this make sense, if not I will make an illustration!

Please, if you have a suggestion, it would be very welcoming.

Thank you,

Monera3v
03-26-2017, 12:19 PM
P.s sorry in advance for my horrible English!

Spock
03-26-2017, 06:06 PM
Using a relay will allow you to use a smaller "ARM" switch in car & yes the second switch gives you an extra layer of control but it still comes down to the integrity of the wiring on the ground side of the load with the circuit your looking at

If you power switch, instead of ground switch, the line lock solenoid then it would blow a fuse that should be in the circuit if any short occurred & you wouldn't need the relay

12V in RUN…FUSE……Switch./. …LOAD…GROUND

Keep the fuse as close to the supply power as possible

ZR
03-26-2017, 07:17 PM
Yes, biggest advantage of relay is little to no load on your arming switch.

CHILL5.0
04-27-2017, 10:27 PM
If you are confident in your ability to run some wires then why would you worry about them shorting out? Wire it how you see fit. I've ran mine for nearly 10 years just off the provided switch on the power side. No relay, just the switch and a fuse.

Monera3v
04-29-2017, 12:06 AM
If you are confident in your ability to run some wires then why would you worry about them shorting out? Wire it how you see fit. I've ran mine for nearly 10 years just off the provided switch on the power side. No relay, just the switch and a fuse.

Horrible pass with wire corrision! My car is prone for it.