PDA

View Full Version : Don't pull your snow tires off too soon.

ZR
03-26-2017, 08:41 PM
If receiving a discount / registered with your insurance co your vehicle will have M&S rated tires on it from Date ? to Date ?, make sure you don't put em on too late or remove too early.
Case in point, Kath got clipped in a parking lot today. At the reporting center, first words out of the ins persons mouth, does your vehicle have snow tires on it then double checked when they went out to take a picture of the damage. Must be on your ins info when they bring it up.
Shitty way to end up in a battle over accident damage if put on too late or removed too early.

USAWIT2
03-26-2017, 09:37 PM
The exact reason I didnt take the 2% discount from my insurance co, not worth the $50 if you take them off 1 day early and they have an out on an accident payment

allicedout
03-27-2017, 11:56 AM
So what is the date to be installed and removed? In Quebec its from December 15 to March 15 inclusively. At this point we pay the highest insurance premiums around and it seems the insurance companies will stop at nothing to avoid a payout. I agree for the $50-$80 discount received not worth the hassle.

Blackmare
03-27-2017, 12:00 PM
Hem - Best to check your ins. policy to see if there are any specific dates.

allicedout
03-27-2017, 12:32 PM
Hem - Best to check your ins. policy to see if there are any specific dates.

Just found some info regarding RBC/Aviva Insurance.

RBC Insurance offers a 5% winter tire discount to vehicles equipped with four approved winter tires installed continuously from November to April.

mavrrrick
03-27-2017, 01:28 PM
just spoke with my ins. co (RBC). Told have to have on November to end of April. Bummer.

Old Fart
03-27-2017, 01:29 PM
I just checked with Co-Operators and they don't have a put-on or take-off date...weird!!

RedSN
03-27-2017, 01:45 PM
^^^guess they just assume you guys need to keep your winter tires on year-round in Timmins ;)

allicedout
03-27-2017, 02:05 PM
just spoke with my ins. co (RBC). Told have to have on November to end of April. Bummer.

End of April??!! Wow that's excessive.

mavrrrick
03-27-2017, 02:13 PM
End of April??!! Wow that's excessive.
I thought so...Want them noise makers off my car!!!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Harbinger
03-27-2017, 02:19 PM
End of April is not excessive. Last year we had a bizarre winter storm in which I was straight in the middle of driving with summer tires since I thought Winter was over...it was not fun at all! Better to be safe than sorry ! Lesson learned.

CDNfyrfytr
03-27-2017, 02:58 PM
Asked my insurance co, TD Meloche, when I put the insurance back on the Mach and they said December 1 until April 1. I usually put them on mid November and leave them on the wife's Santa Fe until after Easter because she travels to her parents in Bruce county and you never know up there. Easter is late this year so I'll probably take them off sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitehot
03-27-2017, 05:24 PM
My ins company told me April 1`st.. I can t wait to take em off

True Blue
03-27-2017, 05:49 PM
Asked my insurance co, TD Meloche, when I put the insurance back on the Mach and they said December 1 until April 1.

Interesting! When I talked to them last fall, they told me they don't have set dates. The CSR said they suggest early December to mid-March.

CDNfyrfytr
03-27-2017, 06:05 PM
When I traded the old Santa Fe for the new one in February, she said I'd lose the coverage if I didn't have the tires on when I left the lot. So they're getting pretty sticky about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTF
03-27-2017, 06:34 PM
my personal calendar says aim for mid Nov to put them on....aim for mid April to take them off

and use better aim in November than in April

but I have the luxury of not even having to use the thing if the weather goes to shit whenever

not surprising to hear ins companies acting like complete fucktards after they gave everyone their $2 back

so.....I guess if we have a freak snow storm in mid May and don't have our winter boots on then they'll use that against us too?.....all because we got this incredible non-existent discount?

absolute fuckers they are

Black Sheep
03-27-2017, 08:22 PM
I just checked with Co-Operators and they don't have a put-on or take-off date...weird!!
I am with them as well. I emailed the date question and got a reply of "use your best judgement". No set dates

Harbinger
03-28-2017, 12:47 PM
Td meloch is the fucking absolute worst stay clear

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

RedSN
03-28-2017, 01:02 PM
I am with them as well. I emailed the date question and got a reply of "use your best judgement". No set dates
I would put that e-mail in the 'save' column.

RedSN
03-28-2017, 01:07 PM
Found this on my insurance company's website:

In Quebec, cars are required by law to be equipped with winter tires between December 15 and March 15. In Ontario, no such law exists, though the same recommendations about winter tires apply.

Intmdtr
03-28-2017, 07:59 PM
Called my ins co today to ask about....

Reply "They would like you to exercise your best judgement, but have them on by Dec 1st...and off by April 1st, blah blah blah.....unless we have a snowstorm in May like we sometimes get"

I had to question that one......

Harbinger
03-31-2017, 12:19 AM
Good god this fucking weather. More like dont pull your summer joy out at all and leave the beater out and about with winters still on

RedSN
03-31-2017, 09:11 AM
It IS still March.

sidenote: followed a GT350 the other day as they were dumping more brine on the roads.

The Newmare
03-31-2017, 10:22 AM
20cm of snow last April...........?

Harbinger
03-31-2017, 06:54 PM
Yea mid april last year was hell on earth.