PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be legal.

ZR
03-28-2017, 06:18 AM
Although it will have no impact on me, about time they got their butts in gear on this.

The Liberal government announced it is preparing draft legislation next month that will take the long-awaited step to legalize recreational marijuana in Canada by July 1, 2018.
CTV News has learned the government hopes to table the bill by April 20, a symbolic date for cannabis users.
This impending step has city councillors, local authorities and marijuana activists weighing in on what legalization will mean for Toronto.

5.4MarkVIII
03-28-2017, 07:30 AM
Just another tax on the stupid. That will ultimately pad more pockets of liberal cronies than it will do any good. And as with smoking 20 years down the road they are gonna say stop it's bad for your health, causes cancer ect ect

WTF
03-28-2017, 07:44 AM
funny....on Sunday there was a poll released showing that if an election were held right now...the PCs would win a federal majority

then the next day the Libs say their fast-tracking Pot legalization

coincidence??

stick that in your pipe and smoke it

Uncle Buck
03-28-2017, 07:50 AM
In related news, share prices in Hostess Potato Chips soared

ZR
03-28-2017, 08:01 AM
As did..........

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bc/Hostess-Twinkies-Box-Small.jpg

True Blue
03-28-2017, 08:08 AM
funny....on Sunday there was a poll released showing that if an election were held right now...the PCs would win a federal majority

then the next day the Libs say their fast-tracking Pot legalization

coincidence??

stick that in your pipe and smoke it

Exactly what I was thinking. What perfect timing!

Laffs
03-28-2017, 09:05 AM
I hate the Liberals so much

mavrrrick
03-28-2017, 09:59 AM
The one good thing is it will free up the court system a bit.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

TheMustangShow
03-28-2017, 10:44 AM
Not surprised, The Drama Teacher is a Toker and so is his whore mother.
Just another avenue for taxation and the Liberal wealth-transfer strategy, also they have been strategic, making sure all of their ex-cop and union friends have received the growing licenses.
Hopefully, this will serve Conservatives well the next election, as many of those that emerged from their parent's basement for vote Liberal for legal weed, will not
be motivated to vote in next election.

https://images.vice.com/vice/images/articles/meta/2016/04/21/if-justin-trudeau-is-about-to-legalize-weed-why-are-we-still-imprisoning-people-over-it-1461253030.jpg

...and unwashed DoucheNozzle Bill Blair ^^ running POT, is a complete joke.

RedSN
03-28-2017, 11:06 AM
You guys are hard-core conservative. Is it because it's a Liberal initiative? Or actually against legalizing marijuana?

Don't be getting any ideas about bringing back prohibition. Otherwise, I might have to buy a 100lbs of yeast and some copper line.

5.4MarkVIII
03-28-2017, 11:44 AM
I'm against changing laws. To buy votes.

I have yet to hear one legitimate reason why pot should be made legal.

There is a lot of untrue propaganda going around to push the justification of it which for something that can cause cancer is dangerous and Irresponsible or any body especially the government to be supporting.

It's just like tobacco company's in the past where they knew it was dangerous but ignored it and lied about it to make more money.

And
You guys are hard-core conservative. Is it because it's a Liberal initiative? Or actually against legalizing marijuana?

Don't be getting any ideas about bringing back prohibition. Otherwise, I might have to buy a 100lbs of yeast and some copper line.

Armen
03-28-2017, 12:01 PM
Not surprised, The Drama Teacher is a Toker and so is his whore mother.

Seriously... I think something is wrong with you.

5.4MarkVIII
03-28-2017, 12:05 PM
Seriously... I think something is wrong with you.
Go big or go home! TMS always turns it up to 11. No fucks given! I Like it!

Armen
03-28-2017, 12:14 PM
Then I guess there's something wrong with me when the first post after mine is in support of the one where the guy calls someone's mother a whore.

5.4MarkVIII
03-28-2017, 12:15 PM
A spade a spade and all that. No?

Armen
03-28-2017, 12:23 PM
I'm not sure how you were raised, but I wasn't raised to call a woman, any woman, a whore.

But I guess I got lucky.

5.4MarkVIII
03-28-2017, 12:29 PM
I'm going to assume then that you were first in line to condem people for all the nasty stuff that has been said about Trumps wife and daughter.

Cuz if you were then fine I will concede your point.
But if you were not. Then maybe your not as morally sound as you thought?
I was raised to respect all people including women but I was also raised to accept and speak the truth.
Maybe it would be more okay to call her promiscuous?

RedSN
03-28-2017, 12:31 PM
in the famous words of Cheech Marin: "Everybody should just chill, man"

Armen
03-28-2017, 12:52 PM
I'm going to assume then that you were first in line to condem people for all the nasty stuff that has been said about Trumps wife and daughter.

I was raised to respect all people including women but I was also raised to accept and speak the truth.

Show me the thread on here or GTAMC where people said nasty stuff about Trumps wife and daughter...

TheMustangShow
03-28-2017, 12:53 PM

LOL! Old news really.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JCRHkZPmId8/Vv85GpADkDI/AAAAAAAAOzw/MnyYHxJELmM2t8svIcb5H1Af8IXtJhfVA/s400/cover.jpg

Maggie Trudeau on her 6th Wedding Anniversary was in the back of Mick Jaggers Limo and was seen with the rest of the Stones at their Hotel the next day, well documents facts, and she Made the cover of High Society.

A little from Geraldo. LOL!
http://nypost.com/2015/10/20/geraldo-praises-new-canadian-pm-once-claimed-to-have-had-sex-with-his-mom/

...and Trump45 opines: https://www.therebel.media/is_maggie_trudeau_the_really_hot_madame_x_in_trump _s_book

Left-Wing Deflectors attacking Messengers, does not change history.

Hopefully, her unsavory offspring is 1 TERM.

Armen
03-28-2017, 12:57 PM
You think I'm left wing because I think it's disgraceful that you call women whores?

Oh. Makes total sense.

Armen
03-28-2017, 01:08 PM
And thanks for all the 'likes' I'm getting in this thread everyone....

BUT WHY DON'T YOU POST INSTEAD OF BEING SILENT!!!

Laffs
03-28-2017, 01:11 PM
I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF POSTING ARMEN.

I agree 100% with Armen, regardless of anyone's political proclivities calling someones Mother a "whore" is asinine and belittles any merited political argument points.

I'm no Trudeau supporter (although maybe I'll get called one now) but I'd much rather attack and debate his politics then family provenance.

mavrrrick
03-28-2017, 01:13 PM
LOL...maybe some people should start smoking dope!!!

RedSN
03-28-2017, 01:22 PM
I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF POSTING ARMEN.

Armen
03-28-2017, 01:28 PM
It's disappointing and rather unbelievable that only two people on this entire forum are willing to directly confront this as inappropriate and just plain wrong.

NickD
03-28-2017, 01:40 PM
I am pretty far right wing conservative and also completely against the legalization of pot. The cons far our weigh the pros, the issue is those with the agenda to push it forward have a far louder voice then those against.
I was having a discussion with my 21year old brother (went to school for criminology and history and intends to be a lawyer, basically smart kid) we were discussing the pros vs cons, he was quite dismissive of the cons and said we went through this in school, I then brought up the fact that there is no true roadside test to measure thc, the issues that Denver has had with regulating the content of baked goods the fact that crime has not decreased, that dealers will simply switch to other substances not quit and he was suddenly silent.
When you only get the side of your story that supports your viewpoint you don't have the true story, that's the single biggest issue with modern media.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RedSN
03-28-2017, 02:01 PM
...the fact that there is no true roadside test to measure thc..
Such as a breathalizer for blood alcohol?

The charge is "impaired driving". It will still be impaired driving, whether it's from alcohol, drugs, etc. An officer does not need a gadget to determine if in HIS/HER opinion you are too impaired to operate a motorized vehicle. It's just become more difficult in this day and age for an officer to prove that his/her opinion was justified. Whereas it's super easy for an officer to just point at the printout of a gadget that says you are impaired.

Mellow Yellow
03-28-2017, 02:45 PM
There is evidence on every level that cannabis can alleviate many medical conditions.
Pot has NEVER killed anyone directly. Tobacco became a carcinogen when companies added "ingredients" they should not have. Contrary to popular belief cannabis is not a gateway drug.
The current issue with pot from Oragami and Metrum is that a pesticide was added. That pesticide is used on fruits and vegetables without issue, but when put on a product that is heated does form a carcinogen.

If your listening to studies promoted by the pharmaceutical companies your paying attention to fake news. The pharmaceutical companies fear cannabis as it will cut into their profits on pain killers, opioids.

Almost every country in the world is investigating cannabis legalization. Tweed has a shortage of medical cannabis because they're shipping to Germany. Tilray has joined with Chilean government to supply cannabis.

It's here to stay boys and there isn't anything that will stop it.
If they try law suits will fly. I will not sit around and not fight back if I have done everything for our licence ( which we have) and they reverse the playing field. There are 108 other organizations in a similar boat. Having let 38 go through and to deny others for no reason is actionable.

5.4MarkVIII
03-28-2017, 03:03 PM
This thread is all over the place.

Armen. For the record if someone dosnt want to be called a whore then marry they should not act like a whore.
Same way someone should not be upset about being called an Idiot if they go around acting like an idiot.

Yes I know that's harsh and politically incorrect but it's the reality.
I don't see telling the truth as an attack on women. Well maybe that woman yes. And I agree that he has many many things that he can be attacked about that don't involve his mother.

I assumed you were just poking fun at TMS. As seemed to be the case recently.

Honestly I'm not going to read threw hundreds of posts to find the ones about Trumps family Mostly because I can't remember if that was this forum or another. Dosnt change the point I was trying to make.

Live and let live have a good day.

5.4MarkVIII
03-28-2017, 03:18 PM
There is evidence on every level that cannabis can alleviate many medical conditions.
Pot has NEVER killed anyone directly. Tobacco became a carcinogen when companies added "ingredients" they should not have. Contrary to popular belief cannabis is not a gateway drug.
The current issue with pot from Oragami and Metrum is that a pesticide was added. That pesticide is used on fruits and vegetables without issue, but when put on a product that is heated does form a carcinogen.

If your listening to studies promoted by the pharmaceutical companies your paying attention to fake news. The pharmaceutical companies fear cannabis as it will cut into their profits on pain killers, opioids.

Almost every country in the world is investigating cannabis legalization. Tweed has a shortage of medical cannabis because they're shipping to Germany. Tilray has joined with Chilean government to supply cannabis.

It's here to stay boys and there isn't anything that will stop it.
If they try law suits will fly. I will not sit around and not fight back if I have done everything for our licence ( which we have) and they reverse the playing field. There are 108 other organizations in a similar boat. Having let 38 go through and to deny others for no reason is actionable.

First point would be That the medicinal properties of pot have nothing to do with legalization. If you need it for medical purpose you can get it prescribed.
And all reputable dr's recomend against smoking because the rewards do not ou weight the risks.

Second would be Something that is a common misconception.
There is not a creepy guy on the assembly lines of cigarette factories squeezing tar and carcinogens into the cigarettes.
These harmfull chemicals are a by product of burning pretty much anything. Including pot so no it's not safe. Or healthy and smoking it carries a lot of the same risks as smoking tobacco.
(Besides if the tobacco companies were adding this stuff willingly dont you think they would stop so they can sell "healthier cigarettes". And continue to make millions of dollars.).

Oils and vaping has yet to be scrutinized by science to determine if it's truly long term safe. But I will say there is not one substance we have found that is safe to inhale long term.
Lungs were not built for anything other than air. So I'm gonna say pot probably isn't the exceptions.

And finally you still have not given a single valid argument why we should legalize. Sorry but cuz every one else is Doing it isn't a valid argument. At least not to me.

Mellow Yellow
03-28-2017, 03:38 PM
Legalization:

Taking a creepy guy off the streets trying to get your kids to use it - it is definitely not for kids

The pesticide event I described above is another reason for legalization. Although this was a failure Health Canada has instituted remedies and the companies are subject of a lawsuit....try suing the Hells Angles.

Millions of illegal dollars going who knows where not taxed as income as it should.

There are many new ventures being researched and produced that requires a supply of good cannabis not affected by moods and pesticides. Some of these projects require the remnants of the plant. One such research is at a large university developing a product that will attack the algae blooms in Lake Erie.

Obviously your research on the benefits of oils is lacking. Try looking at what Israel is doing, along with many other countries.....so if it's cold in Canada there must not be climate change elsewhere.

North American research is underway and not complete, but that doesn't mean other research is not conclusive.

12 year old Windsor girl cured of leukaemia, British Columbia girl's seizures reduce from 300 a day to 3 per day, both because of cannabinol oils.

It's there but people against cannabis want it ignored.

FINALLY. Your saying the exact same things about cannabis legalization that was said 100 years ago about alcohol. Go back and examine that history and you will see an almost identical progression with cannabis.

You haven't given one reason not to legalize cannabis.

Armen
03-28-2017, 04:04 PM
Honestly I'm not going to read threw hundreds of posts to find the ones about Trumps family Mostly because I can't remember if that was this forum or another. Dosnt change the point I was trying to make.

Live and let live have a good day.

Ya it does. Because you're asking if I came to the defense of Trump's wife or daughte. So show me the threads trashing his wife and daughter.

The irony is you end your post by defending calling Trudeau's mom a whore and then saying 'live and let live'.

Unfknbelievable.

Here's some more irony, but this time on my own part...

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff276/armenk2000/Misc/planet-of-the-apes-ending_zps7sdpct3b.jpg

5.4MarkVIII
03-28-2017, 04:12 PM
Ya it does. Because you're asking if I came to the defense of Trump's wife or daughte. So show me the threads trashing his wife and daughter.

The irony is you end your post by defending calling Trudeau's mom a whore and then saying 'live and let live'.

Unfknbelievable.

Here's some more irony, but this time on my own part...

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff276/armenk2000/Misc/planet-of-the-apes-ending_zps7sdpct3b.jpg

You seem very tense today.

We are not alowed to have free speech unless it aligns with what you believe?
M

IMO the world needs more people willing to stand up and yell the truth and not give a fuck about who gets offended.

Laffs
03-28-2017, 04:14 PM
You seem very tense today.

We are not alowed to have free speech unless it aligns with what you believe?
M

IMO the world needs more people willing to stand up and yell the truth and not give a fuck about who gets offended.

THE WORD WHORE IS NOT A DEFINITIVE TRUTH. At most its a pejorative slur

Sky is blue - truth
Water is wet - truth
This person is a whore - conjecture

Laffs
03-28-2017, 04:25 PM
Also if your going to go down that rabbit hole, at least explain to me its relevance with respect to a political argument.

"Trudeau's family life is the subject of much uncertainty. I don't believe he has a solid moral compass as evidenced by past family indiscretions and seeing as how family values are among my most core beliefs I don't feel comfortable that he would make decisions that are in the best interests of my family and I cannot be confident that my children have a respectable nations leader " - Can sorta see where your going with that, not sure how his mother is indicative of his national and foreign policy but could respect that someone isn't wanting a leader who has been subject to crazy tabloid journalism.

"His moms a whore" - So you want to fight him on the monkey bars after class?

5.4MarkVIII
03-28-2017, 04:25 PM
Legalization:

Taking a creepy guy off the streets trying to get your kids to use it - it is definitely not for kids

Because leagalization has prevented under age drinking and smokin right.

The pesticide event I described above is another reason for legalization. Although this was a failure Health Canada has instituted remedies and the companies are subject of a lawsuit....try suing the Hells Angles.

Moot point. Lots of products are subject to recalls from contamination. Food included.

Millions of illegal dollars going who knows where not taxed as income as it should.

When the government sells it and taxes the crap out of it. Do you honestly beleave that the illigal sales will stop? They will still sell it at a cheaper price and people will still buy it.

There are many new ventures being researched and produced that requires a supply of good cannabis not affected by moods and pesticides. Some of these projects require the remnants of the plant. One such research is at a large university developing a product that will attack the algae blooms in Lake Erie.

Obviously your research on the benefits of oils is lacking. Try looking at what Israel is doing, along with many other countries.....so if it's cold in Canada there must not be climate change elsewhere.

North American research is underway and not complete, but that doesn't mean other research is not conclusive.

For all of the above this has nothing to do with legalization. Reaserch companies and universities get grants and permission to deal with dangerous and illigal stuff all the time. It dosnt have to be legal to smoke for them to reaserch and learn what other benifits it may or may not have.

12 year old Windsor girl cured of leukaemia, British Columbia girl's seizures reduce from 300 a day to 3 per day, both because of cannabinol oils.

There has also been cases where people with teminal cancer have miraculous been cured. With no intervention at all.

I have also read cases that talk about how Cannabis cured cancer when the person taking the cannabis was also undergoing radiation as. Chemo. So what cured it?

Fact if IF it did the things Leila claim the pharmaceutical companies would be making millions off of it like they are with other drugs (drugs that are also illigal to take recreationally.)

FINALLY. Your saying the exact same things about cannabis legalization that was said 100 years ago about alcohol. Go back and examine that history and you will see an almost identical progression with cannabis.

Alcohol is bad for you. The only reason it's legal is because of the government monopoly any revinew off of it. Dosnt make it right.
But also has absolutely nothing to do with cannabis.

Because remember there was a time where people claimed alcohol cured ailments. So much for that fact eh.

Se respondes above. Don't know how to colour or bold them on my iPhone to make it easier to read. My apologies.

Armen
03-28-2017, 04:26 PM
Free speech...

"Abortion is wrong!"

"Abortion is choice!"

"Pot should be legal!"

"Pot should be illegal!"

---

Hate speech...

"Abortion is wrong and your mother is a whore!"

"Abortion is choice and your mother is a whore!"

"Pot should be legal and you are a deviant because you are gay!"

"Pot should be illegal and you are a deviant because you are gay!"

5.4MarkVIII
03-28-2017, 04:38 PM
THE WORD WHORE IS NOT A DEFINITIVE TRUTH. At most its a pejorative slur

Sky is blue - truth
Water is wet - truth
This person is a whore - conjecture

That why I said above that perhaps calling her Promiscuous would have been a better thing to do.

Even though it's saying the same thing just in a more..... polite way?

5.4MarkVIII
03-28-2017, 04:42 PM
Free speech...

"Abortion is wrong!"

"Abortion is choice!"

"Pot should be legal!"

"Pot should be illegal!"

---

Hate speech...

"Abortion is wrong and your mother is a whore!"

"Abortion is choice and your mother is a whore!"

"Pot should be legal and you are a deviant because you are gay!"

"Pot should be illegal and you are a deviant because you are gay!"

I think your stretching it a bit.

Sexual orientation is something born into someone. It's not a choice they make it's who they are. So attacking them because of it would be wrong.

Sleeping with everyone you can at every opertunity you can is not something your born with. It's a conscious decision you make to act in that particular manner.

Therefore calling someone a whore because they choose to sleep around is not hate speech. It's not very nice. I'm with you on that. it's just stating the truth about that persons actions.

If someone chooses to rob a bank we call them a robber. That's not hate speech it's just labelling them based on their actions.

Armen
03-28-2017, 04:48 PM
But why include it at all in a discussion about the harm or benefits of legalizing pot in Canada? Why go there? How old are we... 10?

WTF
03-28-2017, 04:51 PM
my thoughts on legalizing pot:

can't say I ever remember 2 guys throwing haymakers at each other outside of a bar at 2am because they had too much to smoke

if it's grown, sold etc under the eyes of the gov't...chances are you'll get better and consistent quality than whatever the creepy dude is selling outta the stairwells of the housing projects

taking the petty criminal element outta the whole recreational dope smoking deal will likely save us a few bucks on the courts and policing side...and probably make a few legit taxable bucks on the business side

I'm sure the 3 levels of gov't will likely staff-up and instead of this venture saving taxpayers a few bucks....it will cost us more

I'm sure on the tech side....there will inevitably be some gadget developed to detect what's determined as an impaired level of THC for criminal driving charges comparable to a breathalyzer detecting BAC

no skin off my nose either way....was never something I really got into.....if/when it passes and you're a guest in my house and that's your thing....twist up a fatty and I'll hand you an ashtray if you're not driving.....but I highly doubt that my wife and I will be stocking up for the weekends

5.4MarkVIII
03-28-2017, 04:53 PM
But why include it at all in a discussion about the harm or benefits of legalizing pot in Canada? Why go there? How old are we... 10?

It was not nice and probably not called for. But I thought it was funny.
I though you were just messing with him so I decided to be a smart ass.

Mellow Yellow
03-28-2017, 05:05 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
Legalization:

So not legalizing will prevent under age drinking and smoking?

Moot point. Lots of products are subject to recalls from contamination. Food included.

When the government sells it and taxes the crap out of it. Do you honestly beleave that the illigal sales will stop? They will still sell it at a cheaper price and people will still buy it.

The selling price has already been determined and is far less than the street price (Price to veterans has been capped at $8.50 per gram)

For all of the above this has nothing to do with legalization. Reaserch companies and universities get grants and permission to deal with dangerous and illigal stuff all the time. It dosnt have to be legal to smoke for them to reaserch and learn what other benifits it may or may not have.

There has also been cases where people with teminal cancer have miraculous been cured. With no intervention at all.

The instances you state are far less than the ones I state.

I have also read cases that talk about how Cannabis cured cancer when the person taking the cannabis was also undergoing radiation as. Chemo. So what cured it?

Far more instances of cancer patients treated with chemo dying than surviving...extra few months is not surviving in my books.

Fact if IF it did the things Leila claim the pharmaceutical companies would be making millions off of it like they are with other drugs (drugs that are also illigal to take recreationally.)

Pharmaceutical Companies can not make money off it as it can not be synthesized nor can it be Patented.

Alcohol is bad for you. So is aspartame The only reason it's legal is because of the government monopoly any revinew off of it. Dosnt make it right.

The point was that the plant and alcohol have been around for centuries if not eons....so history repeats itself.

Would be true if taxation in Canada had occurred when alcohol was legalized. Taxation didn't occur until the first world war after prohibition was lifted.

Because remember there was a time where people claimed alcohol cured ailments. So much for that fact eh.

Alcohol is not an issue as long as you don't become an alcoholic......Your going to sit there and tell me you don't drink?

What no answer for this one? Interesting

Like it or not it WILL be legalized, just like alcohol was and life will go on.

92redragtop
03-28-2017, 05:06 PM
That why I said above that perhaps calling her Promiscuous would have been a better thing to do.

Even though it's saying the same thing just in a more..... polite way?

What does her sexual history have to do with anything? Is it the same judgement for a guy who sees a lot of women? This should not even be brought into a discussion about cannabis and THC.

92redragtop
03-28-2017, 05:10 PM
We are too uptight about this - there are demonstrated benefits to the use of this product (including milder side effects than other pharma or recreational products). It will benefit the legal system and allow for police focus on real crime concerns (bad for the US who profits by putting people in jail), provide a better quality regulated product, and help divert money from organized crime.

Biz
03-28-2017, 05:21 PM
If it helps put a dent into the 1.3 trillion deficit our amazing guvs have put us in I'm all for it.
Colorado with only 5.5 million people saw 1.3 billion in sales last year.
That could be a serious amount of money for the country.

5.4MarkVIII
03-28-2017, 05:52 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
Legalization:

So not legalizing will prevent under age drinking and smoking?

The selling price has already been determined and is far less than the street price (Price to veterans has been capped at $8.50 per gram)

The instances you state are far less than the ones I state.

Far more instances of cancer patients treated with chemo dying than surviving...extra few months is not surviving in my books.

Pharmaceutical Companies can not make money off it as it can not be synthesized nor can it be Patented.

Alcohol is bad for you. So is aspartame The only reason it's legal is because of the government monopoly any revinew off of it. Dosnt make it right.

The point was that the plant and alcohol have been around for centuries if not eons....so history repeats itself.

Would be true if taxation in Canada had occurred when alcohol was legalized. Taxation didn't occur until the first world war after prohibition was lifted.

Alcohol is not an issue as long as you don't become an alcoholic......Your going to sit there and tell me you don't drink?

What no answer for this one? Interesting

Like it or not it WILL be legalized, just like alcohol was and life will go on.

In the end I thinks is laughable and hypocritical that people and governments spent years condemning and trying to stop people from smoking tobacco and then just turn around and want to legalize pot.

Or the record. Didn't state that it should not benlegalozed because of its harmful side effect.

Never said I don't drink. But. The difference right now is it's legal to drink. And in moderation drinking won't give you cancer unlike smoking. That includes both tobacco and cigarettes
Alcohol is also not addictive in the sense that drugs like tobacco and pot are. Causing withdrawal and the person taking it the need to take it again.

I disagree with legalizing something for no reason other than because people want it and the government wants to make money. I'd love to be able to slap stupid people. And I'm more than willing to pay a tax for the opertunity. But that dosnt mea assault should be made legal.

I don't even side with the argument that at least it will help pay for stuff because we all know that our governments are useless when it comes to any sore to commen sense or money management. The more this tax makes the more they will spend above and beyond.

And then what happens when we realize that it indeed causes cancer. Then we have more cost to tax payers for treatment.

You talk about my arguments against being just like those against alcohol. But in reality your arguments for are just like those years ago in factor of harmless cigarettes. How many millions of people have Dies due to harmless cigarettes?

92redragtop
03-28-2017, 06:12 PM
Alcohol is also not addictive in the sense that drugs like tobacco and pot are. Causing withdrawal and the person taking it the need to take it again.

Huh?

Black Sheep
03-28-2017, 06:20 PM
Dave's not here ,,man

WTF
03-28-2017, 06:33 PM
If it helps put a dent into the 1.3 trillion deficit our amazing guvs have put us in I'm all for it.
Colorado with only 5.5 million people saw 1.3 billion in sales last year.
That could be a serious amount of money for the country.

pretty sure the 1.3 trillion is the national debt???....having a 1.3 trillion annual deficit with a population of 35+ million...that's way more than full retard

but don't count on legalized pot to be some debt killing saviour

all it will end up being financially for us regular peons is yet another branch of Gov't at all 3 levels....municipal, provincial and federal....so please expect a possible increase in your taxes to subsidize, as opposed to some cash cow that gives us all a fucking break

and remember when applying for these new Gov't jobs.....white men please not apply

yes...this will kill off some petty criminals and free up some court time....which is cool

but this will yet again increase the size, cost and intrusion of the gov't

if you can't imagine the throngs of teat-suckers lining up right now for all the endless arms of Gov't oversight on this file...then put down the pipe

long overdue move in most ways.....but this is no windfall for any of us that don't grow it, smoke it or legislate it

FoxRod
03-28-2017, 06:35 PM
And thanks for all the 'likes' I'm getting in this thread everyone....

BUT WHY DON'T YOU POST INSTEAD OF BEING SILENT!!!

Seems to be alot more Political discussons in both MUSTANG forums.sigh, yawn etc...
Everyone suffering from PMS (parked mustang syndrome)? Maybe more Puff, puff pass... :)

ZR
03-28-2017, 06:45 PM
PMS / PARKED MUSTANG SYNDROME.

LOL

5.4MarkVIII
03-28-2017, 06:52 PM
Huh?

What I ment was alcohol is not addictive to the extent of other drugs.

Something like 10 or 15 percent of excessive users of alcohols are clasified as addicted vs the 50 plus percent of nicotine users for example

RedSN
03-28-2017, 07:16 PM
Huh?
I second this. Huh?
:facepalm:

5.4MarkVIII
03-28-2017, 07:45 PM

Something like 10 or 15 percent of excessive users of alcohols are clasified as addicted vs the 50 plus percent of nicotine users for example

Still dosnt make it a valid argument. Alcohol is legal so let's legalize pot.
Pot is legal so let's legalize opium. Or cocain or any other drug.

Why not? Same arguments. Well it could have health benafits. We could tax it. It will free up court time with needless convictions. It will take money away from he bad guys.

I'd much prefer it if people were just honest.

People want pot legalized so they can get high without breaking the law. Nothing more and nothing less.

Intmdtr
03-28-2017, 07:56 PM
IBTL....free post.

Black Sheep
03-28-2017, 07:58 PM
People want pot legalized so they can get high without breaking the law. Nothing more and nothing less.

and the amount of people who smoke it wont change that much. a spike at the beginning (til novelty wears off) then back down to roughly the same amount of users. jmo
just like alcohol, there will be the abusers. i really don't have an issue with it.

ZR
03-28-2017, 08:18 PM
^ Tend to think your spot on. Spike at first then back to those that were gonna smoke anyways.

92redragtop
03-28-2017, 11:05 PM
pretty sure the 1.3 trillion is the national debt???....having a 1.3 trillion annual deficit with a population of 35+ million...that's way more than full retard

but don't count on legalized pot to be some debt killing saviour

all it will end up being financially for us regular peons is yet another branch of Gov't at all 3 levels....municipal, provincial and federal....so please expect a possible increase in your taxes to subsidize, as opposed to some cash cow that gives us all a fucking break

and remember when applying for these new Gov't jobs.....white men please not apply

yes...this will kill off some petty criminals and free up some court time....which is cool

but this will yet again increase the size, cost and intrusion of the gov't

if you can't imagine the throngs of teat-suckers lining up right now for all the endless arms of Gov't oversight on this file...then put down the pipe

long overdue move in most ways.....but this is no windfall for any of us that don't grow it, smoke it or legislate it

I know the scale of this is much smaller than alcohol but you're saying the LCBO is a net loss for the Province? If so we should sell it off.

92redragtop
03-28-2017, 11:07 PM
Still dosnt make it a valid argument. Alcohol is legal so let's legalize pot.
Pot is legal so let's legalize opium. Or cocain or any other drug.

Why not? Same arguments. Well it could have health benafits. We could tax it. It will free up court time with needless convictions. It will take money away from he bad guys.

I'd much prefer it if people were just honest.

If that's your argument then it's time to ban alcohol and fast food...maybe meat too since it's all bad. Prohibition doesn't work - ask a teenager.

The same people who smoked it before will smoke it after or perhaps a small increase, or conversion of a percentage of regular smokers. There may be others who partake of non-smoke products but it's been around way longer than opioids but yet isn't the epidemic of opioids - that is an indication of the "after"....no big deal? Plus you won't end up locking up people for something no worse than alcohol and perpetuating a potential cycle of fatherless kids or revolving door incarcerations in some communities.

Mellow Yellow
03-28-2017, 11:12 PM
The estimated market for recreational cannabis is $22.6 billion!

The only down side (market wise) is that legalized cannabis will have a negative effect on beer sales. It has been shown that cannabis users sip their beers rather than drink normally.

In an earlier post someone mentioned Colorado; the state government had budgeted X amount of tax dollars (not sure of the specific amount) for the year.....they received that amount within the first month. Colorado has a state statute that requires surpluses to be returned to residents of the state.

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/09/colorados-revenue-is-so-high-the-state-has-to-give-residents-money-back/

Unfortunately there is no such law in any of Canada.

Mellow Yellow
03-28-2017, 11:16 PM
If that's your argument then it's time to ban alcohol and fast food...maybe meat too since it's all bad. Prohibition doesn't work - ask a teenager.

The same people who smoked it before will smoke it after or perhaps a small increase, or conversion of a percentage of regular smokers. There may be others who partake of non-smoke products but it's been around way longer than opioids but yet isn't the epidemic of opioids - that is an indication of the "after"....no big deal? Plus you won't end up locking up people for something no worse than alcohol and perpetuating a potential cycle of fatherless kids or revolving door incarcerations in some communities.

As an additional note: when Portugal and Spain legalized cannabis teenage usage dropped 17%.. apparently if its legal its not as much fun.

92redragtop
03-28-2017, 11:30 PM

Again...huh? Maybe if you're comparing alcohol to heroin.....

5.4MarkVIII
03-29-2017, 07:32 AM

There are communities in the north that are dry due to the poor effects of alcohol.
Yes I drink every now and then
But we can't control the ill effects of alcohols on some people. Deaths by ringing and driving as one example.
Same with cigarettes. Millions have died. Because of the cigarettes and the government and health organizations have been scrambling to curb users over the last ten years.

So I don't see the good in making legal and easier to get another potentially dangerous product. Just to make some more revenue that the government can waist.

It's been said that the cost of cigarettes on the healthcare system far out weigh the revinue gathered from taxing them.

This could potentially equal the same thing if what you guys are saying is true and usage wont increase.

So what's the benafit then.

With smoking issues like lung cancer it's not an immediate hit to healthcare costs. It's long term down the road. As we learned with cigarettes.

ZR
03-29-2017, 07:47 AM
Officially dry = yes.
Actually dry = not so much.

Black Sheep
03-29-2017, 07:52 AM
There are communities in the north that are dry due to the poor effects of alcohol.
But we can't control the ill effects of alcohols on some people. Deaths by ringing and driving as one example.
Same with cigarettes. Millions have died. Because of the cigarettes and the government and health organizations have been scrambling to curb users over the last ten years.

So I don't see the good in making legal and easier to get another potentially dangerous product. Just to make some more revenue that the government can waist.

It's been said that the cost of cigarettes on the healthcare system far out weigh the revinue gathered from taxing them.

This could potentially equal the same thing if what you guys are saying is true and usage wont increase.

With smoking issues like lung cancer it's not an immediate hit to healthcare costs. It's long term down the road. As we learned with cigarettes.

if the people using it ends up being the same, the burden on healthcare will remain the same if it is legal or not.
just because it is illegal does not mean, if they get sick, that they will get turned away at healthcare/doctors.

WTF
03-29-2017, 07:55 AM
I know the scale of this is much smaller than alcohol but you're saying the LCBO is a net loss for the Province? If so we should sell it off.

I'm saying the money the LCBO makes gets pissed away by a wreckless gov't....and so will anything this pot gong show makes

I have zero trust in any current Liberal Gov't in this day and age to seize on an opportunity (like legalizing pot) to pay down debt and give taxpayers a break....they will simply use the opportunity to grow their Gov't and do nothing about the debt....which in turn means I get fucking squat outta this deal

does the LCBO make big coin....you bet....and yet our province has doubled it's debt in the last 12 years

what good is a cash cow if you don't use the money responsibly?

if you don't grow it, sell it, smoke it or suck on the Govt's teat....you will see zero benefit from all this

5.4MarkVIII
03-29-2017, 07:56 AM
if the people using it ends up being the same, the burden on healthcare will remain the same if it is legal or not.
just because it is illegal does not mean, if they get sick, that they will get turned away at healthcare/doctors.

Lol yes that is a valid point.

But I also believe that people injured breaking the law should have their healthcare funding revoked. However that is a very slippery slope.

RedSN
03-29-2017, 09:05 AM
I have zero trust in any current Liberal Gov't in this day and age to seize on an opportunity (like legalizing pot) to pay down debt and give taxpayers a break....they will simply use the opportunity to grow their Gov't and do nothing about the debt....which in turn means I get fucking squat outta this deal
I'll agree with this, except I would include ANY government. Any tax specific revenue the government makes always ends up in the collective cauldron. ....and *poof* disappears.

I'm not seeing how the whole taxation thing and revenue is going to work? As part of the legislation to legalize, they will include a provision for people to grow their own (up to 4 plants). Why would anyone ever purchase the taxed version?

RedSN
03-29-2017, 10:19 AM
If you strip away all the other debates about the pros and cons, at the core (in my opinion) is legalizing something that has generally become socially acceptable. You might not agree with it, but you're in the minority.

The benefit then becomes not throwing people in jail.

92redragtop
03-29-2017, 10:45 AM
I'm saying the money the LCBO makes gets pissed away by a wreckless gov't....and so will anything this pot gong show makes

does the LCBO make big coin....you bet....and yet our province has doubled it's debt in the last 12 years

what good is a cash cow if you don't use the money responsibly?

if you don't grow it, sell it, smoke it or suck on the Govt's teat....you will see zero benefit from all this

You are mixing two things up - one is the ability to generate net revenue from an initiative and the other is how you spend/use it. I think the business/use case is there on the revenue side so deal with that on its own merits.

The other issue (expense side of P&L) is agnostic to all parties as they've all proven to be poor fiscal managers on the spend side of the equation (The Harris government had a great revenue stream in the 407 and gave it away and chose to (subsequent governments included) take money out of our pocket to fund their pet programs after they spent the initial money received. Sure they don't spend money wisely but the management of that component is completely different from the revenue side of the income statement. I would prefer they come up with new revenue streams that do not involve taking more from my pocket - there is no current revenue stream from this product, only expense with law enforcement, judicial activity, social/welfare cost (related to people who have gone through the justice system and now have records and their children who may now be recipients of social welfare programs, and potentially future offenders due to broken families).

92redragtop
03-29-2017, 10:53 AM

When you bring northern communities into the equation you're adding more complex layers to the issue - remember the European immigrants used "fire water" as a form of weapon with the people who inhabited this land at the time. Add what happened afterwards (genocide, marginalization, remoteness, etc) and I don't think you are comparing like scenarios.

Not all recreational cannabis ingestion will be smoke related so the lung cancer connection is not linear like with cigarettes. By your argument if you extrapolate then all cars should be speed limited to 40km/hr (because speed kills or accidents are a cost to the health system and are avoidable).

92redragtop
03-29-2017, 11:00 AM

But I also believe that people injured breaking the law should have their healthcare funding revoked. However that is a very slippery slope.

Yes - if you go over the speed limit (even by 1 km/hr) and get hurt in an accident you should not benefit from public healthcare funding (ie. you broke the law by exceeding the speed limit even if not "at fault").

WTF
03-29-2017, 11:49 AM
You are mixing two things up .

no....I believe I'm putting two very relevant things together for those saying this Pot Gong Show will be a good thing for the taxpayer

if you don't grow it, sell it, smoke it or suck off the Gov't teat....then there is zero win for you on this file...pretty simple

92redragtop
03-29-2017, 12:00 PM
no....I believe I'm putting two very relevant things together for those saying this Pot Gong Show will be a good thing for the taxpayer

if you don't grow it, sell it, smoke it or suck off the Gov't teat....then there is zero win for you on this file...pretty simple

Revenue side can be a benefit IF proceeds are managed well.

Wife's next car will be paid for by medical cannabis......

5.4MarkVIII
03-29-2017, 12:47 PM
If you strip away all the other debates about the pros and cons, at the core (in my opinion) is legalizing something that has generally become socially acceptable. You might not agree with it, but you're in the minority.

The benefit then becomes not throwing people in jail.

Isn't that also a slippery slope to head down?

People don't want something to be against the law so let's just legalize it to gain favour for voting time?

mavrrrick
03-29-2017, 01:01 PM

So, if I'm in a car accident and I was speeding , badly injured, no healthcare? Speeding= breaking law.

5.4MarkVIII
03-29-2017, 01:48 PM
So, if I'm in a car accident and I was speeding , badly injured, no healthcare? Speeding= breaking law.

Like I said slippery slope

The speeding debate is a while other topic.
IMO difference between a minor infraction as In 10 km over a speed limit. And willingly taking illigal drugs that are know to cause health issues.

If someone is doing 150 plus in a 80. Damn right revoke some of their health care. Might make people smarten up.

hsousa88
03-29-2017, 05:18 PM
Hehe.. let the stoners get high. Big fuckin deal. Can you imagine downtown on a Friday night everyone stoned vs drunk? What a lovely place it would be.

I don't see the gov making huge profits on it anyways.. if they charge a stupid number for tax then people will just continue to buy off the street.

Laffs
03-30-2017, 08:52 AM
Trudeaus motorcade just held me up from getting in my work parking garage.....what a wh.......*sarcasm*

RedSN
03-30-2017, 09:07 AM
Isn't that also a slippery slope to head down?

People don't want something to be against the law so let's just legalize it to gain favour for voting time?
Isn't that the way democracy works?
You vote for the political party / representatives that will enact legislation that you are in favour of?

Even school kids understand how this concept works.
https://glossnroses.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/napoleon-dynamite-vote-for-pedro.jpg

5.4MarkVIII
03-30-2017, 09:38 AM
You vote for the political party / representatives that will enact legislation that you are in favour of?

https://glossnroses.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/napoleon-dynamite-vote-for-pedro.jpg

Yes but I think there is a fundamental difference between legislation that can help people, the economy, and/or the country. (As an example legislation for medicinal marijuana.)
And legislation that legalizes a dangerous substance to buy votes and pad the pockets of your friends.

I put that in the same page as canceling gas plants to buy votes. It's not democracy it's corruption.

92redragtop
03-30-2017, 09:44 AM
Like I said slippery slope

The speeding debate is a while other topic.
IMO difference between a minor infraction as In 10 km over a speed limit. And willingly taking illigal drugs that are know to cause health issues.

If someone is doing 150 plus in a 80. Damn right revoke some of their health care. Might make people smarten up.

The law typically doesn't work that way - 1km over is breaking the law as much as 50km over is. Punishment is different but both are breaking the law.

Biz
03-30-2017, 09:49 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyeJ55o3El0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyeJ55o3El0

5.4MarkVIII
03-30-2017, 10:14 AM
The law typically doesn't work that way - 1km over is breaking the law as much as 50km over is. Punishment is different but both are breaking the law.

Your bang in right with the fact that punishment is different. There fore it's not unreasonable to say that there could potentially be a law that denies healthcare if a person is caught breaking a law and has caused harm to themselves that would other wise cost taxpayers.

Get sick From illegal drugs. No healthcare For the ailments caused by taking the drugs.
Get drunk and roll your car no healthcare for the injuries sustained

Dosnt mean that you lose healthcare if you get a speeding ticket. Or get caught shoplifting. Or even rob a bank. ( unless you get shot in the process.)

92redragtop
03-30-2017, 10:18 AM
Your bang in right with the fact that punishment is different. There fore it's not unreasonable to say that there could potentially be a law that denies healthcare if a person is caught breaking a law and has caused harm to themselves that would other wise cost taxpayers.

Get sick From illegal drugs. No healthcare For the ailments caused by taking the drugs.
Get drunk and roll your car no healthcare for the injuries sustained

Dosnt mean that you lose healthcare if you get a speeding ticket. Or get caught shoplifting. Or even rob a bank. ( unless you get shot in the process.)

Yeah but then you're back to the same politicians of all stripes making subjective or even arbitrary decisions which is problematic (as we saw with the stunt/racing laws, etc) so the slippery slope should be avoided as much as is reasonably possible.

RedSN
03-30-2017, 10:26 AM
If you get sick from smoking pot ....do they prescribe pot?

5.4MarkVIII
03-30-2017, 10:51 AM
If you get sick from smoking pot ....do they prescribe pot?

If if a dr feels that it will help elevate symptoms of lung cancer. Then it's possible. I suppose.

Most drs prescribing pot are stressing against smoking it in any form. The safest and most effective way to take it is absorbtion via suppository. (According to an artical I was reading a couple weeks ago.)

5.4MarkVIII
03-30-2017, 10:55 AM
Yeah but then you're back to the same politicians of all stripes making subjective or even arbitrary decisions which is problematic (as we saw with the stunt/racing laws, etc) so the slippery slope should be avoided as much as is reasonably possible.

Im confused. If you see legislation to change laws in an attempt to save taxpayers money as a slippery slope. How do you not see legislation to change laws in an attempt to buy votes as an equally slippery slope.

I'm also curious on our opinion of that fact that the Feds. Said that if/when it's legalized it will be put in the hands of the provincial governments to manage.

What's your take on the provincial liberals going at this. Considering their track record with pretty much everything else they have "handled"

Mellow Yellow
03-30-2017, 12:46 PM
If if a dr feels that it will help elevate symptoms of lung cancer. Then it's possible. I suppose.

Most drs prescribing pot are stressing against smoking it in any form. The safest and most effective way to take it is absorbtion via suppository. (According to an artical I was reading a couple weeks ago.)

This is 100% correct. I have my prescription, for oils, as I had skin cancer removed and there is evidence the ingesting the oils can inhibit further growth internally.
I have never smoked anything.

Many people want to have it legal for preventative health, much like vitamins. They can't get their prescription because there is nothing medically wrong.
Others want to use it in cooking (goodies for a party) because they don't want to smoke it.

Mellow Yellow
03-30-2017, 01:05 PM
Im confused. If you see legislation to change laws in an attempt to save taxpayers money as a slippery slope. How do you not see legislation to change laws in an attempt to buy votes as an equally slippery slope.

I'm also curious on our opinion of that fact that the Feds. Said that if/when it's legalized it will be put in the hands of the provincial governments to manage.

What's your take on the provincial liberals going at this. Considering their track record with pretty much everything else they have "handled"

Ontario wants to run it through the LCBO. Although I understand the control factors, I don't agree this is the best method. If you have ever gone into the LCBO to ask about a particular product, you likely found that the person you talked to couldn't answer your questions ( i know some LCBO locations do have knowledgable people ). To me many are simply shelf stockers. I think controlled dispensaries are the way to go - not necessarily organized like the ones that are currently being raided.

Because the product has a vast array of THC strengths, some as much as 30% THC and some as low as 5% or less, I think knowledgable people are required to sell it. This could also help (not totally prevent) underaged people obtaining the product.

When in Denver, I visited a dispensary called Native Roots. After clearing security, there were people behind the counter that knew exactly what the product was about and which strain would give you the effect you wanted. Very professional and very clean.

In July I'm going to Seattle to se how they are doing it.

Our company is considering lobbying the Ontario government....but we all know how well they listen.

Mellow Yellow
03-30-2017, 04:14 PM
Shoppers and Loblaws to cover medical marijuana under its medical plan with Manulife.

speedfreak
03-30-2017, 07:57 PM
I hope this becomes Legal so i can grow my own strain that will be high in the CBD to help fight my cancer. Being able to make my own oil and put it in capsol form is what id like to have.

speedfreak
03-30-2017, 08:05 PM
Oops dbl post

speedfreak
03-30-2017, 08:10 PM
This is 100% correct. I have my prescription, for oils, as I had skin cancer removed and there is evidence the ingesting the oils can inhibit further growth internally.
I have never smoked anything.

Many people want to have it legal for preventative health, much like vitamins. They can't get their prescription because there is nothing medically wrong.
Others want to use it in cooking (goodies for a party) because they don't want to smoke it.

I need your doctor! I wanna try and use cbd oil to fight my Folicular Lymphoma ( blood cancer)

Mellow Yellow
03-30-2017, 08:57 PM
I need your doctor! I wanna try and use cbd oil to fight my Folicular Lymphoma ( blood cancer)

Honestly call any of the Licensed Producers and they can refer to a doctor who can prescribe for you.

There was a 12 year old girl in Windsor that got her Leukaemia cured by oils. Not sure which strains.

Good Luck!!!

92redragtop
03-31-2017, 12:59 AM

I don't see the end game as an attempt to buy votes (short term view) because making this change is a long game if you look at it from 30,000 feet (not unlike alcohol use/regulation). There are medical and social benefits to not treating this as a crime with an accretive benefit from a financial perspective.

On your question - last point, I am also not taking a short term/sighted view on this (which focuses on who is in power right now - and we know their track record of running things) but rather a long term view - many governments of different stripes will have to manage this over the decades to come, similar to post-prohibition alcohol and gaming legislation, etc.

Biz
03-31-2017, 09:39 AM
Can I grow it and sell it since I don't smoke it? :D

TheMustangShow
03-31-2017, 10:10 AM
Honestly call any of the Licensed Producers and they can refer to a doctor who can prescribe for you.

There was a 12 year old girl in Windsor that got her Leukaemia cured by oils. Not sure which strains.

Good Luck!!!

Cured?

"Pot cures cancer", would be Front Page News.

You mentioned you have an interest in a Pot Grower, are you upset with the Radical Left-Wing Gov's plan to allow people to grow up to 4 plants in their own homes?
I was surprised when I saw this in the proposed legislation, as allowing that many plants for personal use, as it may have an adverse affect on the retail market.
Four plants is also absurd, as there is no way to enforce the quota.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Corporate and Athletic drug testing too, when pot becomes Legal, I'm thinking the frequency and stringency will increase and the
Courts will probably see some Cases and be asked to Rule on Companies that Test and refuse to hire Pot users.

RedSN
03-31-2017, 10:40 AM
would these be the same companies that refuse to hire wine drinkers?

TheMustangShow
03-31-2017, 11:01 AM
would these be the same companies that refuse to hire wine drinkers?

Post up the Companies that have Wine Testing.

RedSN
03-31-2017, 11:06 AM
exactly.
so why would companies test for marijuana?

TheMustangShow
03-31-2017, 11:11 AM
exactly.
so why would companies test for marijuana?

Myriad companies in the USA and Canada have implemented Drug Testing where employees interact with Machinery and the Public.

That said, this may change with the Legalization of Pot, as there would be legal challenges.

Legal Opinion Here: https://www.law360.com/articles/874547/can-employers-still-drug-test-where-marijuana-is-legal

RedSN
03-31-2017, 11:33 AM
Can only read the first paragraph of that article, but yes, it will be an interesting learning curve.
I would assume (eventually) the same rules as alcohol would apply. Provided you are not high or drunk at work and it's not affecting your performance, there should be no legal grounds.

hsousa88
03-31-2017, 11:48 AM
4 plants in all reality is not much.. you can get 0 bud from 4 plants.

92redragtop
03-31-2017, 01:02 PM
Was listening to a labour lawyer discuss this today - companies can indicate that employees cannot be intoxicated/impaired on the job (can apply to alcohol, marijuana when medical or legal, prescribed opioids, etc) and can test for presence or impairment.

Mellow Yellow
03-31-2017, 02:13 PM
Cured?

You mentioned you have an interest in a Pot Grower, are you upset with the Radical Left-Wing Gov's plan to allow people to grow up to 4 plants in their own homes?
I was surprised when I saw this in the proposed legislation, as allowing that many plants for personal use, as it may have an adverse affect on the retail market.
Four plants is also absurd, as there is no way to enforce the quota.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Corporate and Athletic drug testing too, when pot becomes Legal, I'm thinking the frequency and stringency will increase and the
Courts will probably see some Cases and b

Not really.

How is that brewery in your basement? It is legal to brew your own beer. Most do not because its not convenient. There are all sorts of restrictions that will be implemented. If grown in the yard, it must be fenced (possibly with privacy fencing) and children can not have the remotest chance of accessing it. Several months per year it can not be grown outside.

Two of my partners grow under one of the original licences that are still in force. To control the smell, humidity provide proper lighting and temperature have over $8,000 invested. The average person can't afford that.

There are a multitude of people that live in high rises, that don't have the area to grow it. Im sure the boards of directors of condominium corporations will be scrambling to adjust their declarations to ban the growing of pot. Think this is unlawful? Many condominiums do not allow pets, some versions restrict residents to over 55 years old.

Anyone on the forum that is a landlord is going to love cleaning up a house that has been growing pot, even four plants. I walked into a client's house in February and asked him immediately where he was growing his pot (five plants)? He asked how I knew. I told him I could smell it as soon as I stepped into the house. It is smelly and permeates throughout the house.

For every one person that wants to grow their own there will likely be five that can't be bothered.
The market is estimated at $22.6 billion, if 25% grow their own, that leaves $16.95 billion. I only need 0.002% of the market to make mucho dinero.

TheMustangShow
03-31-2017, 02:25 PM
Not really.

How is that brewery in your basement? It is legal to brew your own beer. Most do not because its not convenient. There are all sorts of restrictions that will be implemented. If grown in the yard, it must be fenced (possibly with privacy fencing) and children can not have the remotest chance of accessing it. Several months per year it can not be grown outside.

Two of my partners grow under one of the original licences that are still in force. To control the smell, humidity provide proper lighting and temperature have over $8,000 invested. The average person can't afford that.

There are a multitude of people that live in high rises, that don't have the area to grow it. Im sure the boards of directors of condominium corporations will be scrambling to adjust their declarations to ban the growing of pot. Think this is unlawful? Many condominiums do not allow pets, some versions restrict residents to over 55 years old.

Anyone on the forum that is a landlord is going to love cleaning up a house that has been growing pot, even four plants. I walked into a client's house in February and asked him immediately where he was growing his pot (five plants)? He asked how I knew. I told him I could smell it as soon as I stepped into the house. It is smelly and permeates throughout the house.

For every one person that wants to grow their own there will likely be five that can't be bothered.
The market is estimated at $22.6 billion, if 25% grow their own, that leaves $16.95 billion. I only need 0.002% of the market to make mucho dinero.

You had me at Brewery in the Basement...LOL!

RedSN
03-31-2017, 02:26 PM
How is that brewery in your basement?
One of these days. Yes.

http://d83.imgup.net/2505-Bottl1d7c.gif

treed by TMS

92redragtop
03-31-2017, 02:32 PM
You had me at Brewery in the Basement...LOL!

Me too!

Mellow Yellow
03-31-2017, 02:42 PM
In addition to my previous post, I'm too old to do this forever, assuming everything works.

There will be tremendous consolidation over the next 5 to 10 years, with large companies buying out smaller.
Metrum, Licenced producer, has never made a dime and was sold to Canopy for $430,000,000!!!

That's my goal get it up and operating then entertain buyers.

tulowd
04-01-2017, 12:59 PM
4 plants in all reality is not much.. you can get 0 bud from 4 plants.

4 properly strained and indoor grown plants is WAY more yield than anyone person can consume on their own. 9 week growth cycle time, add the clipping, drying etc and figure every 3 months you can grow between half and a whole pound of high THC content weed from ONE plant.

Apparently not that difficult to get one plant to look like a small Christmas tree under the right conditions. Make butter, then bake.

Note to self: Don't let the two rowdy great Danes into the fridge and eat the chocolate chip cookies - they look like drunk deer for 2 days......

bluetoy
04-01-2017, 05:24 PM
Just found out from a friend selling her house that when the buyer applies for a mortgage the lender researches the property. They found pics (on facebook) of the tenant growing and drying their own personal "crop". That makes the mortgage people instantly deny any mortgage for the buyers. House sale fell through and deposit had to be returned because the grow op was not disclosed.

Burns
04-02-2017, 10:44 AM
From 12 Pages

Our current fearless leaders Mother may or may not be a whore.

If I can profit from it why shouldn't I. You can profit from prostitution so maybe pimping is in order.Lets legalize it.

It has proven medicinal value, ie: pain control. Medical pot and pot products are already available with a prescription. Having it available to every person over the age of 19 will see a decrease in the current use of our healthcare system...hmmm I have my doubts.

It ties up our court system and is a waste of resources to prosecute for a mere slap on the wrist. Decriminalize it and just fine the offenders. If you don't pay your fine then you can't renew your drivers licence, car registration passport and so on...

This was a Liberal ploy to entice the youth vote and nothing more.

Cheers! Should we raise a glass or a bong...

RedSN
04-14-2017, 05:21 PM
The legislation, introduced concurrently with the government's cannabis legalization bill, will allow police to demand a driver provide an "oral fluid sample" — saliva — if they suspect a driver is drug impaired.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-impaired-driving-changes-1.4069889
They really should be more specific and state that said sample is to be in the form of a swab.