PDA

View Full Version : AOD to T5 Swap -Clutch Safety Switch Question

FIVE0FOX
04-12-2017, 10:52 PM
Hi All

Question for my pedal switchover and the clutch safety switch. I located the jumpered plug and clear plug in the drivers footwell, and removed the jumper from the black connector (clear did not have one). I plugged them into the pedal assembly but I noted that the clear plug I pulled out of the pedal assembly was just a blank with no wires in it and the switch did not have any pins in it (pedals came from Jeff @ Specialteaz). What does the clear plug do or go back to that's pre wired to the car? Pic from google below.

I did buy the conversion harness for the T5 from LMR so that the reverse light connects to the AOD harness and LMR shows in their video that the neutral safety switch is just left unplugged on the trans.

Also, I found another jumpered harness behind the stereo that people talk about during this swap. LMR video says to plug it into the pedal assembly calling it the "clutch dump switch" but I did not see anywhere to plug it in. What is it for?

FIVE0FOX
04-12-2017, 11:43 PM
Another one for reference. Black harness would be on the right, clear on the left.