PDA

View Full Version : PROJECT E.R.A.S.E.

mavrrrick
04-18-2017, 01:32 PM
http://globalnews.ca/news/3385155/project-e-r-a-s-e-stunt-drivers-street-racers/

Laffs
04-18-2017, 01:48 PM
"Police say this is often the time of the year when modified vehicles start to appear on the roads." "Police in Ontario will be keeping a close eye on vehicles staging to race or vehicles that have been modified and don’t meet safety standards."

Fuck.....this.....province.....

SVOMACH1
04-18-2017, 02:17 PM
Cracking down in the Sault too. Anyone want to buy my car??

Harbinger
04-18-2017, 03:06 PM
Should I even bother with my projector retrofit ? Think I'll get pulled over?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

hsousa88
04-18-2017, 04:28 PM
Good thing I drive a old fox... Toronto Police love it!

OldSchool
04-18-2017, 05:31 PM
Should I even bother with my projector retrofit ? Think I'll get pulled over?

I watched a car burn down with one of the retro fits, They were denyed coverage as it wasn't csa approved or installed by a licensed tech ( stereo shop did it).

Minds you those arseholes that got busted where driving like jerks and have ruined it for the rest of us, it is NOT just the ricers anymore that are killing this hobby

Harbinger
04-18-2017, 05:36 PM
I watched a car burn down with one of the retro fits, They were denyed coverage as it wasn't csa approved or installed by a licensed tech ( stereo shop did it).
That sounds ridiculous. What if I told my insurance company I have aftermarket system for headlights?

ZR
04-18-2017, 05:44 PM
^ That sir would make your car modified. ;)

WTF
04-18-2017, 06:02 PM
the erase programme lost all credibility when they were hanging out near the entrances of race tracks...busting people for minor bullshit infractions while these people were taking it to the damn track

you lose respect for good after they pull that crap

92redragtop
04-18-2017, 06:10 PM
^ That sir would make your car modified. ;)

Especially it it had Royal Purple blinker fluid.

OldSchool
04-18-2017, 06:26 PM
That sounds ridiculous. What if I told my insurance company I have aftermarket system for headlights?

You insurance will probably drop you. They don't NEED your money, you NEED them. That's how fugg'd our system is.

It can sound as ridiculous as you want but the reality of the world is true.
If i came in to your home installed a home depot bought water valve, it failed and damage thousands of dollars in your home. The insurance company probably wouldn't cover it as chances are in is NOT CSA approved.........." but I bought it from home depot". " tough luck read the fine print.

True WTF that crap taints their whole mission, war on speed is one thing.

StAnger
04-18-2017, 10:20 PM
I hate to say it, but why bother anymore? The car hobby is dead and gone.

Harbinger
04-18-2017, 10:23 PM
It's dead because rich fobs go around racing on the 401

OldSchool
04-18-2017, 10:52 PM
It ia an excuse to make big money. When I was a youngster my local area had "Insurance companies" names on the side of police cruisers. Yup they sponsored our "new cruiseer" program and got recognition for it. They all then realzed that traffic tickets was a money maker. Fines and rates start to sky rocket. Someone wised up and thought that relationship was confilict of interested. Ya right they are still in each others pockets.

Why bother? Freedom of choice and expression. We still have it better then other countries.....

Laffs
04-19-2017, 03:15 PM
the erase programme lost all credibility when they were hanging out near the entrances of race tracks...busting people for minor bullshit infractions while these people were taking it to the damn track

Cannot like this post enough. 100000000% this. Telling people to "take it to the track" then preying on them for nonsense shit while doing just that not only makes you a hypocritical fucking asshole but sours the opinions of regular people who generally have the utmost respect for law enforcement.

ZR
04-19-2017, 08:20 PM
^ +1

Ray721
04-21-2017, 04:29 PM
Project fuck off.

Like Tim said. The second they set up shop to bust people trying to go to a track they've lost all credibility. They can go fuck themselves.

tulowd
04-21-2017, 05:30 PM
It's total bullshit, bypassing all existing laws and presumptions of innocence and having the opportunity to be heard before a court prior before being found guilty.
Kind of like Toronto parking tickets, only worse.

The real smoke show was that there are existing laws covering racing and criminal behaviour; dangerous driving is a criminal offense, for example.

Law must be pretty well written though, since none of the convicted ballers have convinced Edward Greenspan or another super hero attorney to put on his/her frock and debate the legality or constitutional adherence of this stain on our law of the land.

hsousa88
04-21-2017, 05:58 PM

I'm assuming this was only people driving the cars to the track.. not with a car on a trailer, right?

Armen
04-21-2017, 06:15 PM
I'm assuming this was only people driving the cars to the track.. not with a car on a trailer, right?

Nope. Ask Ghost Rider about that. They screwed him over good a couple of years ago on his way to the track.

hsousa88
04-21-2017, 06:18 PM
Nope. Ask Ghost Rider about that. They screwed him over good a couple of years ago on his way to the track.

WTF? What was the reasoning? GR?...

Armen
04-21-2017, 06:36 PM

GR uses a trailer a lot and everything was good apparently until they tested the parking brake. It wasn't able to hold the trailer/load and truck from moving or something like that.

ZR
04-21-2017, 06:44 PM
Officer did not know how to properly test let alone the proper term "parking brake" vs "emergency brake".

Zexhuffer
04-21-2017, 06:44 PM

Used to be admin on another board and dealt with york regional police all the time. They had a different project before erase which police came out to meets and told people what was legal and not on the cars, also helped book track days and even had a few cops to the track.......

Then they fucked us in the ass and opp and other municipalities at the entrances or down the road from the track and pulled everyone over and nailed people for anyting from fart cans right down to neon stickers i cant make this shit up.

...walked away with a handful of tickets and never gone back.

hsousa88
04-21-2017, 06:50 PM
GR uses a trailer a lot and everything was good apparently until they tested the parking brake. It wasn't able to hold the trailer/load and truck from moving or something like that.

Ah ok makes more sense now.. I remember him bringing that up. I thought they had a problem with the car/mods.

WTF
04-21-2017, 07:02 PM

if memory serves...he still had the car plated on the trailer or something like that

so prepped for the track with slicks or something...but still had the licence plates on the car

was a complete bullshit ticket

regardless....if you're running a programme to encourage people to take it off the street and take it to the track....the last fucking thing you do is hang out to ticket while they're headed to the track

my nephew is with TPS....he deals with gang-bangers with guns and shit.....not to mention the BLM contingent who think white officers are racist because they arrest black people for shooting guns, killing people, dealing hard drugs and stealing shit only because they're black...lotsa fun

it makes him see fucking red when we talk about what these ERASE assholes have done

the ERASE programme is a fucking full time holiday away from real police work

Harbinger
04-21-2017, 09:44 PM
Project ERASE everyone's wallet.