PDA

View Full Version : Someone should go straight to hell for this one.

ZR
04-27-2017, 07:31 AM
It was a scary scene for drivers on the Don Valley Parkway on Wednesday afternoon after police say the wheels nearly flew off of a school bus carrying dozens of young children.
Const. Clint Stibbe said at around 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, police received several 911 calls from drivers concerned about the condition of school bus heading northbound on the Don Valley Parkway near Don Mills Road.
According to witnesses, the rear wheels of the vehicle were shaking violently and appeared as though they were about to fall off.
Police said one concerned motorist managed to get the bus driver to pull over and when police arrived on scene and inspected the older-model vehicle, officers found several serious safety defects with the bus.
No injuries were reported, police added.
About 38 Grade 1 and Grade 2 students on board the bus were transferred to another vehicle and taken to their destination.
Stibbe said the driver of the bus was unaware that the vehicle’s wheels were about to fall off.
Police would not name the bus company or confirm what school board was involved but Stibbe did say the bus came from Durham Region.
The incident is still under investigation and Stibbe could not confirm if charges are pending.

ZR
04-27-2017, 07:34 AM
A mechanical problem can crop up on the newest or best maintained vehicle but finding other serious defects means the owners just don't care. With the numbers of them on the road even around here, not uncommon to see one with a rusted out rear door or dragging / missing tail pipe etc, who the hell is keeping tabs on these company's???

mavrrrick
04-27-2017, 07:38 AM
Unf***ing believable!!!!

ZR
04-27-2017, 07:41 AM
Check this one out, city sent me a letter saying some time back stating only two of my three cats have lic's. Seems reasonable on the surface but factor in none of them ever go outside, you know someone had to have watched the windows on my home long enough to be sure I had more than two cats. So we have money to keep tabs on cat registrations but not enough dough to keep our kids safe.

Whitehot
04-27-2017, 07:45 AM
my son wks at a company in Etobecoke that does maintenance on school buses n tat, wonder if he heard bout that. Usually I would think they get up on those things pritty good...

ZR
04-27-2017, 07:50 AM
All I can tell you, some of the ones I see around here are rolling scrap heaps.

RedSN
04-27-2017, 08:32 AM
...the driver of the bus was unaware that the vehicle’s wheels were about to fall off.
The driver is full of BS, which is a problem
or
The driver didn't realize the noise and vibration were a problem.

Either scenario is a SERIOUS problem. This is the kind of talent you get when you pay peanuts for an already shitty job.

RedSN
04-27-2017, 08:41 AM
Check this one out, city sent me a letter saying some time back stating only two of my three cats have lic's. Seems reasonable on the surface but factor in none of them ever go outside, you know someone had to have watched the windows on my home long enough to be sure I had more than two cats.
Seems off topic, but WTF?
Maybe one of the legal cats turned in the illegal? :police:

ZR
04-27-2017, 08:47 AM
Point was, either someone sat at the edge of my property (or more likely trespassed n looked in) but we don't have the means for staffing to stand out side schools n at least look at / inspect the rolling junk our kids are being transported in.

ZR
04-27-2017, 08:49 AM
Also reminds me of the officer that inspected Dave's truck n pulled it off the road because he didn't know how to properly check it. Even better knowing his primary job is commercial truck inspections. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

Ponyryd
04-27-2017, 08:13 PM
Lol, safety first

StAnger
04-27-2017, 10:53 PM
Point was, either someone sat at the edge of my property (or more likely trespassed n looked in) but we don't have the means for staffing to stand out side schools n at least look at / inspect the rolling junk our kids are being transported in.

Could they have got the info from vet records?

Ray721
04-27-2017, 11:02 PM
Check this one out, city sent me a letter saying some time back stating only two of my three cats have lic's. Seems reasonable on the surface but factor in none of them ever go outside, you know someone had to have watched the windows on my home long enough to be sure I had more than two cats. So we have money to keep tabs on cat registrations but not enough dough to keep our kids safe.

Some scrawny city fag came to my house shortly after moving in. Knocked on the door and both dogs went apeshit barking at him. He then asked if any pets lived in the residence and if they were registered. I just stared at him blankly and said nope no pets. He got frustrated and left. Never heard from them again. Paying taxes for pets... they can fuck off.

RedSN
04-28-2017, 08:48 AM
Some scrawny city fag........ they can fuck off.

making friends in the neighborhood Ray? ;)

Ray721
04-28-2017, 11:23 AM
making friends in the neighborhood Ray? ;)

I was in a shit mood when I wrote that and I hate the government. lmao!
The story is still true though. Dogs were behind the door barking. "Nope no dogs", then I just looked at him. He got the picture. I wasn't gonna register my dogs.

Had even more fun with the hot water tank guy. He was super pissed. After delivering his whole speal I told him to beat it we weren't interested in his scam.

Moral of the story, don't knock on my door. I'm the grumpy old man on my street and I'm not even 30 yet [emoji23]