PDA

View Full Version : TTC Campaign.

ZR
04-29-2017, 07:12 AM
Sad it has to a forced campaign, at one time it was part of being a respectable human being to keep your feet on the floor n turn your music down or not sit in the handicapped seats. About the same at the HC spots out front of Tim Hortons are full pretty much every am but no one with a pass in the window.

Empty wrappers, belligerent behavior, feet resting on seats instead of the floor are just some of the issues the Toronto Transit Commission is taking on.
A new campaign is geared toward transforming rider’s experience by focusing on etiquette.
“It’s coming from the customer’s voice so we’re using Tweets that the customers have shared about polite and considerate behavior on the TTC,” said TTC’s head of customer service Sue Motahedin on Friday.

(https://www.cp24.com/polopoly_fs/1.3390268.1493421793!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg)

The “You Said It” campaign launches Monday and features customer’s Tweets on everything from bags to dirty feet on seats.
With more than a million people riding the TTC every day, it’s hard to enforce certain rules, Motahedin said.
“I don’t like when people smell,” one commuter told CTV News Toronto while riding the subway on Friday.
Another said they couldn’t stand “people who leave their sandwich wrappings on the floor,” or listen to loud music on their phones without headphones. <iframe class="teads-resize" style="outline: 0px; font-size: 19.2px; line-height: 1.6; vertical-align: baseline; width: 620px; margin: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; border-width: initial !important; border-style: none !important; height: 0px !important; min-height: 0px !important; display: block !important;"></iframe>

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; outline: 0px; line-height: 1.6; vertical-align: baseline; overflow: hidden; display: block; width: 550px !important; height: 310px !important; max-height: 310px !important;"></iframe>

“I think we’re looking for people to understand that the change in their behavior cannot only have an impact on people’s experience riding the TTC and making it a more enjoyable place for everybody, but also to connect with the reality that some of those behaviours can cause significant delays on the TTC,” said Motahedin.
“You Said It” will appear on all TTC vehicles and in stations starting on Monday.

ZR
04-29-2017, 07:13 AM
All we really need is my idol to start riding the Rocket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny6SJCNUzqY

92redragtop
04-29-2017, 11:47 AM
Sad that people need to be told these things. Smokers discarding their (non biodegradable) cigarette butts out the car window is one of these basic anti-social behaviours. When did it become ok to pollute like this? Do they throw the butts on the floor of their or their neighbour's house when they're done?

hsousa88
04-29-2017, 12:05 PM
Sad that people need to be told these things. Smokers discarding their (non biodegradable) cigarette butts out the car window is one of these basic anti-social behaviours. When did it become ok to pollute like this? Do they throw the butts on the floor of their or their neighbour's house when they're done?

Touchy subject coming from a 5.0 owner :)

I use a ashtray

92redragtop
04-29-2017, 12:20 PM
Touchy subject coming from a 5.0 owner :)

I use a ashtray

Possibly - littering is illegal period and their is no way to address cigarette butts. If your car is legal from an emissions perspective then it operates in an acceptable framework of overall environmental management. Is the 5.0 worse than all the more common larger big motor SUVs and pickup trucks - probably not if all the emission controls are intact.

WTF
04-29-2017, 12:59 PM
imo...this TTC campaign is a hop-on-the-band-wagon wankfest

I've ridden the Yonge Subway line nearly every weekday for more decades than I'd care to admit....and the overwhelming majority of the time everyone is totally well behaved

in my experience...the only time(s) someone isn't well behaved is obviously because they have mental problems

this campaign caters to the SJWs who just love to nit-pick and bitch

STFU....have a seat...wait for your stop...and mind your own fucking business

my 2 cents

92redragtop
04-29-2017, 01:57 PM
That hasn't been my experience with my less frequent use of the TTC - it usually reminds me that I love my car commute despite some of the stupid drivers on the roads. GO is a little more civilized.