View Full Version : the 6 year old kid who won the internet on Sunday

WTF
05-16-2017, 08:55 AM
not sure how many of you follow the Formula 1 circus

big news this year is the ownership change....from evil dwarf Bernie Ecclestone to US based Liberty Media Group

Liberty says they're changing things up...and the new F1 experience will be all about the fans....compared to Bernie...who was asked last year about how to make the sport more appealing to the younger demographic came up with this gem..."young people don't buy Rolex watches"

so how are Liberty doing?

not bad I'd say

first corner chaos in the Spanish GP on Sunday takes out Kimi Raikkonen in the Ferrari

Kimi fans are no doubt upset....but probably not as upset as this little 6 year old boy (Thomas Danel from France) who the camera catches and broadcasts on the world feed not to mention all the screens around the race track

while Kimi is making his way back to the paddock...a quick thinking lady from Liberty finds the location of the young fellow and contacts the Ferrari garage

and this little dude's day went from complete shitsville to totally awesome

he and his family spend the rest of the day taking in the race with the Ferrari team...and the little guy is even hoisted on to a crew member's shoulders during the podium were Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel finished 2nd

and he went home with Kimi's hat and racing shoes to boot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v2hQrH2meU

ZR
05-16-2017, 08:57 AM
OMG, that is extremely cool. Time of his life.
Triple kudo's to the person who put it in motion.

Hutch
05-16-2017, 01:35 PM
Very cool

MUSTANGWOP
05-16-2017, 02:05 PM
Super cool to see.

RedSN
05-16-2017, 02:19 PM
Reminds me of the Kylo Ren kid at Disney. Nice to see a surprise like that, made the kid's day.

Jack Raccoon!
05-16-2017, 04:47 PM
I was watching the race at, ummm, work. I was tearing up a bit...

Ghost Rider
05-16-2017, 05:45 PM
pure awesomeness!

nice to see there are still people out there willing to go above and beyond to make someone's day!

allicedout
05-17-2017, 10:08 AM
That's super cool! That kids never going to forget that experience!!