PDA

View Full Version : Shipping fails.

ZR
05-17-2017, 08:08 AM
Package to California, pay up the wazoo for 3-5 days, package takes 8.
Package from US sent overnight, takes a week.

Anyone else experiencing ridiculous service when you've paid hard for premium / right away? One thing they can't control, coming into Canada n being tied up at the border but not the case in either.

SVOMACH1
05-17-2017, 08:30 AM
Sent a letter to Toronto a few weeks back. Should have been there in 3 days but took 10 and arrived in a different envelope!

ZR
05-17-2017, 08:34 AM
I'd forgotten about that one.

ZR
05-17-2017, 08:35 AM
Irritation, how much premium fast service costs vs reg snail but sometimes doesn't mean it doesn't get there any sooner

Laffs
05-17-2017, 09:19 AM
Was gonna rant about this last night actually. Ordered H&R trak+ spacers for the CLS two weeks ago. Got tracking number last Monday said delivery on Friday the 12th so I duck out that day at lunch to make sure I'm home to pay the duty on delivery (ECS doesnt calculate up front). Well I get an update notice at 1:17pm saying delivery attempted but no one home, which I found odd since I was but maybe it was when I went down in the basement for a few minutes and he knocked quietly.....So it updates to 2nd attempt Monday. I wait, by the door, at the same time as Friday. Wouldnt you know if I get the update message "2nd attempt made no one home" DESPITE ME SITTING ON MY COUCH STARING AT MY DRIVEWAY.

I call UPS, less than helpful with no real explanation, but they say I can come pick them up at their depot after 6pm. I go, they fuck around for 20-30 min finding the box, then charge me $80 on $150 in parts for "Brokering Services". Pretty sure they made $100 bucks off me to not deliver something to my house.

Harbinger
05-17-2017, 09:55 AM
Was gonna rant about this last night actually. Ordered H&R trak+ spacers for the CLS two weeks ago. Got tracking number last Monday said delivery on Friday the 12th so I duck out that day at lunch to make sure I'm home to pay the duty on delivery (ECS doesnt calculate up front). Well I get an update notice at 1:17pm saying delivery attempted but no one home, which I found odd since I was but maybe it was when I went down in the basement for a few minutes and he knocked quietly.....So it updates to 2nd attempt Monday. I wait, by the door, at the same time as Friday. Wouldnt you know if I get the update message "2nd attempt made no one home" DESPITE ME SITTING ON MY COUCH STARING AT MY DRIVEWAY.

I call UPS, less than helpful with no real explanation, but they say I can come pick them up at their depot after 6pm. I go, they fuck around for 20-30 min finding the box, then charge me $80 on $150 in parts for "Brokering Services". Pretty sure they made $100 bucks off me to not deliver something to my house.
UPS is a complete nightmare. I avoid them like the plague

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

ZR
05-17-2017, 10:04 AM
UPS and Can Post dudes "knocking" on the door n peeps inside not able to hear is nothing new.

Jack Raccoon!
05-17-2017, 10:16 AM
Purolator likes to drop the box and bolt...

mavrrrick
05-17-2017, 11:18 AM
UPS is the worst...customer service sucks and they are a bunch of arrogant a$$holes!!! RANT OVER

NickD
05-17-2017, 01:52 PM
Yep, issues with work and personal, and they don't care, in regards to not delivered packages I was actually told by a lady at Canada Post that if you pick up the driver makes some sort of commission.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Harbinger
05-17-2017, 03:52 PM
01cobra had his parcel literally tossed 5 meters from the edge of the driveway into the wrong house, not too far from the actual front door. Our bud was sitting watching through the window when it happened. Quick call to ups and management stepped in. I thought the brokerage bs fees ontop of taxes sucked...

juvehab
05-17-2017, 03:58 PM
i remember ordering something off of ebay once cost was like $8. UPS showed up and wanted $40 brokerage fee told the driver to keep it. Now if i know someone is shipping via UPS i dont bother to order from them.

03svt
05-17-2017, 04:04 PM
Ordered a shed from homedepot April 17th, was suppose to be contacted to set up delivery April 26th.

Still haven't received! The shipping company is experiencing high volume of shipments and they asked me to stop calling..

Not once has anyone called to give me an update.

Same day shipping you guys are garbage!

hsousa88
05-17-2017, 04:12 PM
www.crossborderpickups.ca

Cheap service and fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IanGTCS
05-17-2017, 06:54 PM
I'll add to the list who say UPS is awful. Brokerage fees, useless tracking, packages take forever. Took a CD 2.5 weeks to arrive from California, tracking never updated. At least it was just a free CD that came with concert tickets. Family friend used to be in shipping/receiving at McMaster, of course somewhere that big is going to do customs brokerage in house, but UPS still tried to charge them for it. I believe that for a while they wouldn't accept any packages from UPS until they got the message.

Honestly the fastest I seem to get anything from the states seems to be through USPS.

Ponyryd
05-17-2017, 09:07 PM
Exactly why I only deal with fedex when shipping, great service, awesome rates and never an issue, the other guys seem to always be a shitshow, including Canada post, to which I had an almost identical experience as Laffs. Sitting at home, all alone doing random cleaning (no loud vacuum), hear a knock on the door, go check it, salesman, look on the door, sticker from CP, says "no answer", pick up item anytime after tomorrow (sat) 12:00pm, so I'm pissed, but I go, the girl says no, gotta wait till Monday, so two trips to shoppers for a package that I was home to not receive.

83 5.0
05-17-2017, 09:56 PM
Funny I can order something through Amazon, with free shipping from China and it arrives in 5-6 days. I can't even get a letter across the country as fast and as cheap.
Canada Post must be subsidizing the Chinese amazon merchants, because one item I bought cost $7-8 with free shipping, and I couldn't ship the same sized item within Canada for under $10 on its own.

MUSTANGWOP
05-18-2017, 07:48 AM
Honestly the fastest I seem to get anything from the states seems to be through USPS.
I have the exact same experiences and same for Canada Post believe it or not. I avoid UPS, Fedex, etc.

Harbinger
05-18-2017, 08:11 AM
Funny I can order something through Amazon, with free shipping from China and it arrives in 5-6 days. I can't even get a letter across the country as fast and as cheap.
Canada Post must be subsidizing the Chinese amazon merchants, because one item I bought cost $7-8 with free shipping, and I couldn't ship the same sized item within Canada for under $10 on its own.
Amazon uses differrent carriers like dynamex, dhl GO logistics. The occasional canada post.

RedSN
05-18-2017, 08:57 AM
I honestly don't know how Amazon (or it's delivery carriers) do it. We've ordered stuff on a Saturday, and it showed up on Sunday!
What ever business model they are using, it's working. Setting the standard for the future of commerce.

allicedout
05-18-2017, 05:36 PM
I have it shipped to work.... They only deliver to companies during business hours and there's no door to knock on......

Armen
05-18-2017, 06:04 PM
Exactly why I only deal with fedex when shipping, great service, awesome rates and never an issue, the other guys seem to always be a shitshow, including Canada post, to which I had an almost identical experience as Laffs. Sitting at home, all alone doing random cleaning (no loud vacuum), hear a knock on the door, go check it, salesman, look on the door, sticker from CP, says "no answer", pick up item anytime after tomorrow (sat) 12:00pm, so I'm pissed, but I go, the girl says no, gotta wait till Monday, so two trips to shoppers for a package that I was home to not receive.

That happens with Canada Post all the time. I've had it happen a few times. Actually, I can't recall them ever actually delivering a parcel. I have always had to pick it up. There was a thread on my FB community forum a while back with many others stating the same. It must be some sort of unwritten policy for their drivers or something.

Ponyryd
05-18-2017, 10:03 PM
^Lol. Meanwhile, Canada Post is pushing for us to rally with them to "restore door-to-door" because our area got community mailboxes last year. How about actually doing your job well? Then maybe you'll get some support. Although I rarely had an issue with my mail delivery, usually packages are the problem.

R3troGT
05-20-2017, 11:01 AM
I honestly don't know how Amazon (or it's delivery carriers) do it. We've ordered stuff on a Saturday, and it showed up on Sunday!
What ever business model they are using, it's working. Setting the standard for the future of commerce.

I have ordered a buch of stuff this year from Amazon. Always shows up on time or sooner. Like you I have had stuff show up the next day. I have everything shipped to the office so there is no chance they can't deliver