PDA

View Full Version : Manchester explosion.

ZR
05-22-2017, 10:23 PM
At 10:30 pm local time, a “huge bang” was heard outside a concert hall in Manchester, England, where pop star Ariana Grande was performing. Police have confirmed a number of fatalities and injuries, but the total number is still unknown.
Police are currently treating the incident as a possible terror attack until they know otherwise. This does not necessarily mean that it was, in fact, a terror attack — merely that the police are treating it that way until they can determine what happened. No one has claimed responsibility for any attack.
Here's a running tally of what we do and don't know about the attack. We will continue to update this post as we learn more information.

01cobra
05-22-2017, 10:24 PM
guess bang bang came on....
all jokes aside, i had read that one of the loud speakers blew up and caused mad chaos. People were trampled.

Also read paramedics were removing shrapnel from victims.

RIP to those affected :(

92redragtop
05-22-2017, 11:08 PM
Crazy news -saw this earlier this evening. Within a week of the Manhattan attack too.

RIP.

Laffs
05-22-2017, 11:38 PM
Just read a report it was a nail bomb? Sounds like terrorism again. Sad.

Ray721
05-23-2017, 05:59 AM
22 dead in a suicide bombing including children. Fucking sickening.

StAnger
05-23-2017, 07:54 AM
This is what happens when the Little Pigs let the Big Bad Wolves in.

Maybe now they'll wake up, but I doubt it.

92redragtop
05-23-2017, 10:05 AM

They did not wake up with Sandy Hook.....

allicedout
05-23-2017, 10:32 AM
Saddened and disappointed that in today's society this still exist. My heart goes out to those families who lost loved ones....... Being the father of two teenage daughters that go to concerts it frightens me to think this could happen anywhere.

RedSN
05-23-2017, 11:20 AM

Are you seriously blaming the victims?

StAnger
05-23-2017, 11:21 AM
Are you seriously blaming the victims?

Once again your need to jump on me has lead you down the wrong path. I'm blaming the government.

RedSN
05-23-2017, 11:35 AM
Oh, sorry. I was blaming the TERRORIST(S).

Harbinger
05-23-2017, 11:41 AM
Like most plagues, it spreads. Terrible news :(

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

StAnger
05-23-2017, 11:49 AM
Oh, sorry. I was blaming the TERRORIST(S).

If the government weren't so hell bent on allowing fighting age men into the country under the guise of being refugees, then this shit wouldn't be as likely to happen.

Laffs
05-23-2017, 12:00 PM
If the government weren't so hell bent on allowing fighting age men into the country under the guise of being refugees, then this shit wouldn't be as likely to happen.

Please provide cases wherein refugees allowed in to the country were the perpetrators of such attacks as the basis of your claim but maybe don't do it in this thread that's meant to show sympathy towards victims of an atrocity we don't yet fully understand.

RedSN
05-23-2017, 12:23 PM
...then this shit wouldn't be as likely to happen.
Or it might happen anyway.

Two U.S. officials told The Associated Press that British authorities have identified the suspect as Salman Abedi. A European security official told the AP he was British..

83 5.0
05-23-2017, 12:39 PM
Just heard he was born in the UK, parents were from Libya, had escaped Ghadafis terror regime. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/23/manchester-arena-attack-22-killed-suicide-bomber-ariana-grande/

Armen
05-23-2017, 01:09 PM
Earthlings like to pat themselves on the back for how wonderfully far we've come with technology. We can check our latest social media craze right from the palm of our hands. We can jump on a jet plane and fly to any corner of the Earth. We can even blow ourselves up several hundred times over. Boy! We sure are awesome!

But really, we aren't to far off from those bipeds who first looked up at the moon and threw rocks at it, 200 000 years ago. That seems like a long time ago, and it is, but considering the Earth is about 4.5 billion years old, we haven't really been hear that long. And assuming we don't blow ourselves up, we have a super long way to go before we aren't insecure little beings who most of which still believe there is a supreme being in the sky who is better than the other guy's supreme being.

Like seriously, we aren't that far off from grunting at fire. We have got a long, long way to go. And there is going to be some steps backward in between our steps forward. We won't see Utopia in our live times, that's for damned sure.

Laffs
05-23-2017, 01:15 PM
You're not supposed to grunt at fire?

Armen
05-23-2017, 01:16 PM
You're not supposed to grunt at fire?

Sure you can... Nothing wrong with it. But sadly, some day, we won't want to.

ZR
05-24-2017, 07:13 AM
UPDATE.

British police and intelligence agencies arrested three more suspects Wednesday in connection with the Manchester suicide bombing and moved quickly to secure key sites across the country, including Buckingham Palace and the British Parliament at Westminster.
Home Secretary Amber Rudd said the bomber, identified as British-born Libyan Salman Abedi, "likely" did not act alone when he killed 22 people and wounded dozens at an Ariana Grande concert Monday night in Manchester. She said he had been known to security forces "up to a point." Officials are examining Abedi's trips to Libya as they worked to piece together his allegiances and foil any new potential threats.
Police said three men were arrested Wednesday in south Manchester, where a day earlier a 23-year-old man was also arrested and a number of homes were searched.
Britain raised its threat level from terrorism to "critical" after an emergency government meeting late Tuesday amid concerns that the 22-year-old Abedi may have accomplices who are planning another attack. British soldiers have been deployed in place of police officers to guard high-profile sites such as Buckingham Palace and Parliament.

Scrape
05-24-2017, 07:41 AM
That is freaking scary crap that is going on around the world. My daughter is not a fan of her but it can happen at any concert.

ZR
05-24-2017, 07:55 AM
Sad but true.

RedSN
05-24-2017, 08:53 AM
UPDATE.

British police and intelligence agencies arrested three more suspects Wednesday in connection with the Manchester suicide bombing...
Swift. Roundem' up, ask questions later.

92redragtop
05-24-2017, 09:56 AM
Swift. Roundem' up, ask questions later.

Yup, they know who most of these guys are (including the dead terrorist) and the radical mosques they attend so they should round them up (including the Imams who preach hate), shut down the mosques, and sort it out after. Need to do the same thing in Canada.

ZR
05-25-2017, 07:23 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/news/2017/05/23/TELEMMGLPICT000129726564-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqnjcgOEmjComRJj7yhDPboTG8XM H-8JMVI20-FMdq02s.jpeg

ZR
05-25-2017, 07:25 AM
People coming together...................
Kudos to Mr Arshad, his drivers and people that did the same.

Co-owner of Street Cars Manchester Sam Arshad told NBC News (http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/manchester-concert-explosion/manchester-arena-suicide-bombing-random-acts-kindness-follow-attack-n763471) he happened to be driving past the arena on his way off a shift when he heard screaming. Police told him about the explosion and that he and the many other vehicles caught in gridlock needed to evacuate the area.
That was when Arshad contacted his drivers and asked them to pick up as many people in need of rides home or to the hospital as possible. He also asked them to turn their meters off while doing so. He said he told his drivers, “This is our city, at the end of the day … money's not everything, do you know what I mean?" All of them agreed.
As a Muslim, Arshad was very well aware many would jump to conclusions about the suspected bomber’s identity before facts were released (he's since been identified as Salman Abedi (http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/a9914106/manchester-ariana-grande-attack/)), which only added to his desire to help: “So, if I can do a gesture of this kind, and the majority of my drivers are Muslim, it just shows that we're not all what you make us out to be.”

ZR
05-25-2017, 01:14 PM
Personally, don't care if it was a martian flying em home in their space ships, peeps reached out to others in need and got the job done and would not take a cent for it.
It's this having to make a distinction based on religion that got us here in the first place. Human being helping another human being...........should be the end of story.

92redragtop
05-25-2017, 02:42 PM
I agree on the people helping people, however it's also people who caused the problem.

Radicalized Islamists targeted and killed children. There is only one faith that is perpetrating these atrocities. This faith is also made up of people.

The left seems to be intent on making excuses for this faith, going as far as attributing charitable actions by other to this faith in an effort to downplay the stated goal of this errant faith to dominate and possibly exterminate all non believers.

it's a problem, and making excuses for someone elses bad behavior does nothing to solve the problem.

I think his post was about people helping people - being humanitarian. That's it. It so happened that some may have been Muslim but there were others from other faiths (or none) but that wasn't the point/thought at the time (eg. let me get my muslim employees to come give free rides).

ZR
05-25-2017, 06:20 PM
Does it really matter if the guys name was Sam Arshad or Bob Smith or if he's a Muslim, Catholic or Jewish, human being reaching out to other human beings in their time of need.
The coolaid based religious spin is only effective if we choose to drink it. Good people will always be good people n assholes will always be assholes. To me, it's as simple as that n has nothing to do with your race or religion.

Harbinger
05-25-2017, 06:42 PM
Also there was an attack in the Phillipeans as well.

Harbinger
05-25-2017, 07:52 PM
let me guess mormons?
🤣

Stephen06GT
05-25-2017, 08:22 PM
Does it really matter if the guys name was Sam Arshad or Bob Smith or if he's a Muslim, Catholic or Jewish, human being reaching out to other human beings in their time of need.
The coolaid based religious spin is only effective if we choose to drink it. Good people will always be good people n assholes will always be assholes. To me, it's as simple as that n has nothing to do with your race or religion.

:clap2:

Zexhuffer
05-25-2017, 10:35 PM

92redragtop
05-25-2017, 11:59 PM
^^Does this apply to the terrorist in Manhattan last week?

92redragtop
05-26-2017, 11:52 AM
Wasn't that a gas leak?

No a driver did the same thing as the London attack (near Westminster) with a car.

92redragtop
05-26-2017, 01:26 PM
Duplicate

92redragtop
05-26-2017, 01:28 PM
So if he was brown it would be different? The terrorist attacks in Europe where a vehicle was driven into a crowd of innocent people is different from this one? Or Sandy Hook? Isn't that minimizing the lives of the victims? If treated as terrorism wouldn't the approach and punishment be the same?

RedSN
05-26-2017, 01:50 PM
Quick quiz. Of all the religious based terror attacks going back to or even before 9/11 what religions were involved?
Are we including all the muslim on muslim attacks/slaughters?

ZR
05-26-2017, 02:00 PM
Again take the religion spin away n what are you left with.................fucked up people committing atrocities on innocents.

NickD
05-26-2017, 02:18 PM
^^Does this apply to the terrorist in Manhattan last week?
That was a drunk Vet with PTSD from defending us from these terrorists that had a mental episode.
To me that is a whole other issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

92redragtop
05-26-2017, 02:59 PM
That was a drunk Vet with PTSD from defending us from these terrorists that had a mental episode.
To me that is a whole other issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ah so that's ok and we don't have to do anything about it.

92redragtop
05-26-2017, 03:04 PM
motivation is the difference.

the times square guys motivation apparently was to get shot by a cop.

As far as religiously motivated terror attacks color plays no role. There are plenty of examples of white, western raised folks who have converted to "unmentionable religion" who were then inspired to commit terrorist acts against infidels.

Of the religiously motivated terror, attacks the common denominator is this is only coming from one single religion.

Am I wrong on this. Cite a religiously motivated terror attack perpetrated by an adherent to any religion other than Islam.

I'm not going the religion route. I'm saying anyone who commits mass violence on others are pretty much the same and need to be dealt with as such, regardless of colour or religion....but that is not how we view it and as a result we throw a ton of resources at one construct and a fraction at the "other" - and it's the "other' that sees thousand of people getting maimed or killed every year (in the west plus a more elsewhere), and we rinse and repeat with these artificial constructs while the innocent body count continues to add up.

92redragtop
05-26-2017, 03:04 PM
did I say that?

Was replying to Nick but the implication is inherent in both positions.

RedSN
05-26-2017, 03:10 PM
Am I wrong on this. Cite a religiously motivated terror attack perpetrated by an adherent to any religion other than Islam.
I took this as a challenge. Couldn't find one. In my defense; there are pages and pages and pages of terror attacks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents

Closest I came up with was a Christian motivated terror attack on an abortion clinic in Massachusetts, 1994. Granted, John Salvi was considered nuts, but aren't all terrorists?

92redragtop
05-26-2017, 03:50 PM
Are we including all the muslim on muslim attacks/slaughters?

Do you include the KKK acts across the south (the KKK is Christian based)? There's Waco, Tim McVeigh, the guy who shot the folks in church last year (South Carolina), abortion clinic shootings, etc, etc...all had fundamentalist/right wing Christian underpinnings.

RedSN
05-26-2017, 03:52 PM
^^^I considered those examples,

Waco, and Tim McVeigh retaliation of... were Branch Davidians ....which i guess you can argue are Protestant Christian denomination[

92redragtop
05-26-2017, 03:59 PM
I am in favor of prosecution of the Times Square guys, just as I am in favor of prosecution of anyone else who commits these acts. Suggesting I feel otherwise is false attribution.

"No mention of any religious motivation. Looks like and attempted "suicide by cop"".

Whether it has religious motivation or some other motivation has no bearing on the fact that people are targeting innocent people but there appears to be some attribution or need to differentiate which essentially elevates one over the other (or discounts in reverse) and in so doing also implicitly discounts the lives lost by the "other".

I was referring to artificial constructs as the attempts to say that mass violence against innocents are different if one is framed around a manmade construct of religion versus other (health, economic, skin colour, etc). The underlying is mass violence against innocents regardless of the construct or framing we attempt to layer on in order to differentiate.

92redragtop
05-26-2017, 04:02 PM

Waco, and Tim McVeigh retaliation of... were Branch Davidians ....which i guess you can argue are Protestant Christian denomination[

Yes, they all are - there are hundreds (or even thousands) of branches of any of the major religions - in the US you can link a lot of the major acts of violence against groups (outward or inward) or specific sub-segments of society to a right wing fundamentalist Christian ideology. The body count would be in the tens of thousands cumulatively if you go back through US history (because some of it was systemic in parts of the country).

92redragtop
05-26-2017, 04:11 PM

Quick search also pulled up these although the rhetoric is inflammatory (from Pulse Media):

"If the past twenty years have shown us anything it is that White Christians are slaves to a fanatic ideology of hatred that is incompatible with the practice of modern democracy. Eric Rudolph, for instance, bombed the Olympic Village during the 1996 Atlanta Olympics and undertook a guerilla campaign against physicians and those who promoted a “homosexual agenda.” Theodore Kaczynski, popularly known as the Unabomber, bombed sixteen targets in nearly two decades of terror, including airlines and universities, the very symbols of American modernity. We cannot forget Terry Nichols and Timothy McVeigh’s 1995 truck bombing of the Oklahoma City Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, killing 168, including the seventeen children in the daycare center under which McVeigh parked his vehicular bomb.

We must also sadly recall the tragic death of James Byrd, Jr., who was hooked by his ankles with a heavy logging chain to the back of a pickup truck and then dragged to his death by three White Christian drivers. In 2006, David Robert McMenemy doused his car in gasoline and drove it through the front doors of the Edgerton Women’s Health Center in Davenport, IA. It is possible that McMenemy was directed by God to his peculiar act of protest, a claim made by the supporters of Scott Roeder, the man who shot and killed physician George Tiller in 2009. Shortly thereafter, James Wenneker von Brunn, a neo-Nazi, opened fire outside the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, killing African American security guard Stephen Tyrone Johns. At 88, von Brunn shows that hate sometimes supersedes physical decline.

However, the recent act of terrorism in Austin, Texas, is the straw that broke the camel jockey’s back. Joe Stack, an anti-tax zealot and prolific manifesto writer, crashed his airplane into the side of a building hosting IRS offices, killing himself and an unlucky employee, Vincent Hunter."

If you push the envelope to "madmen" which applies to terrorists of all religious constructs then you may even extend to this (from religioustolerance.org):

About "The Family:"

Manson's mother was Kathleen Maddox; his father was Walker Scott. He picked up the Manson surname from his stepfather, William Manson.

This group is unrelated to a faith group called by various names: the Church of God, Family of Love, and The Family.

Charles Milles Manson was born on 1934-NOV-11 or 12; sources differ. He is a person with an unusual ability to dominate others. He assembled a destructive, doomsday cult around himself, which the media later called The Family. At one time, it numbered in excess of 100 individuals at the Spahn Ranch some 30 miles northwest of Los Angeles CA. Manson was referred to both as "God" and "Satan" by his followers. As the family's guru, he claimed to be a reincarnation of Jesus Christ.

Harbinger
05-26-2017, 04:42 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/minya-bus-shooting-coptic-christians-killed-injured-egypt-gun-attack-anba-samuel-monastery-a7756906.html

Armen
05-26-2017, 04:58 PM
In any situation, it's important to look at each circumstance individually. To just jump on a band wagon and have tunnel vision, isn't doing anything other than create fear and panic - which actually is the goal of larger terrorist networks. They must smile and clap their hands when they see the fear mongering that goes on when some nutbar acting alone goes out and drives over a bunch of people and then claims he did it for the cause of the month.

There will be orchestrated attacks and there will be guys acting alone who are mentally fkd. One is not that same as the other no matter how much people want it to be so.

Case by case.

How many innocent children did that Christian David Koresh kill? Timothy McVeigh...? David Berkowitz...? Jim Jones...?

Zexhuffer
05-26-2017, 05:15 PM
In any situation, it's important to look at each circumstance individually. To just jump on a band wagon and have tunnel vision, isn't doing anything other than create fear and panic - which actually is the goal of larger terrorist networks. They must smile and clap their hands when they see the fear mongering that goes on when some nutbar acting alone goes out and drives over a bunch of people and then claims he did it for the cause of the month.

There will be orchestrated attacks and there will be guys acting alone who are mentally fkd. One is not that same as the other no matter how much people want it to be so.

Case by case.

How many innocent children did that Christian David Koresh kill? Timothy McVeigh...? David Berkowitz...? Jim Jones...?

Seriously???

Armen
05-26-2017, 06:34 PM
Yup, seriously.

WTF
05-26-2017, 06:53 PM
bare with me here please

I'm about the most uneducated person on the planet when it comes to anything religion

I wasn't raised with it....don't practice it....and could care less about it.....and that ain't gonna change

but.....with all this Isis and islamaphobia shit....I've been reading a bit here and there

my question(s) is this:

if you go into any place of worship today....in modern times....which religious speeches given by their authority of choice walk very close to that fine line of inciting or encouraging death upon those who don't practice that same religion?

in more depth....which version of whoever's holy book of choice...if all pages are relevant today.....might inspire some of the crowd in attendance to go full fucking retard and wanna kill in the name of whoever's god is better than the other guys god?

I've sat and listened in churches of a number of faiths for weddings, funerals, etc.....baptisms....communions.....and the most radical thing I remember commenting to my wife on was some dry dude who kept saying "fear of God" in what was probably his attempt to keep the brainwashed coming in every Sunday.....and I do remember commenting about one dude who was actually pretty cool and made some good layman points

I've sat in countless synagogues for friends' bar mitzvahs and the odd wedding....and I don't understand a fucking thing they're saying up at the front....but the vibe seems pretty subdued....I don't sense any sort of aggression at all

I've never been to a Mosque

anyone here wanna light up the hotrods....put our wives in the passenger seat.....do a little cruise to a local Mosque and walk in hand-in-hand and take in the proceedings?

you never know...it might be as much fun as the black gospel church around the corner from my house on a Sunday....those folks can sing like you've never heard

NickD
05-26-2017, 07:10 PM
Ah so that's ok and we don't have to do anything about it.
No that's the exact opposite stance. But this thread has too much going on to discuss that

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Armen
05-26-2017, 07:29 PM
While each "incident" has it's own unique circumstance, I will suggest that there is a common thread for the vast majority. This commonality being religion.

Do a bit of research into the stats, go to various sources.

How many incidents will be attributable to:

Koresh - one
McVeigh - one
Berkowitz - one
Jones - one

Do the above or any you choose to add to that list have anything in common beyond being fanatics or just plain nuts?

How many incidents can be attributed to the religion whose name cannot be spoken. I'll bet more than one, with more to come.

You can't fix a problem until you admit there's a problem.

Let's go back 500 years in North America or 2000 years in the Middle East... Every religion has always had its extremists.

Today is no different.

Research The Witches Hammer. That wasn't so long ago.

Zexhuffer
05-26-2017, 08:16 PM
Let's go back 500 years in North America or 2000 years in the Middle East... Every religion has always had its extremists.

Today is no different.

Research The Witches Hammer. That wasn't so long ago.

Holy fuck you are out to lunch dude... If you cant see the difference between our race now than 2000 years ago and still hold it to the same values and judgements you need to get your head checked.

Armen
05-26-2017, 08:36 PM
Oh ok. Thanks for that insight, Warren.

92redragtop
05-26-2017, 09:59 PM
Holy fuck you are out to lunch dude... If you cant see the difference between our race now than 2000 years ago and still hold it to the same values and judgements you need to get your head checked.

Christians used to burn people at the stake within the last couple hundred years ago so we're not that far off. That period going back to the Inquisition is likely most comparable.

92redragtop
05-26-2017, 10:02 PM
being fanatics or just plain nuts?

The fanaticism came from a common ideology of their formation....seems they are very much alike the madmen fanatics who commits these atrocities and should be dealt with the same way.

92redragtop
05-26-2017, 10:05 PM
No that's the exact opposite stance. But this thread has too much going on to discuss that

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Well when we treat them differently then we ignore/excuse the killing of innocents which are well ahead the count of the other (in the west specifically).

Armen
05-27-2017, 03:07 PM
The point of my post was to suggest that there is a difference between people organizing based on a belief and engaging in terrorist acts and the person who acts alone. This is not an absolute and I'm not suggesting that. But more often than not, it appears that these who act alone are mentally unstable and likely would have acted regardless of a religious belief or cause. IMO, these people are no different than the Columbine, Sandy Hook or Ottawa shooters.

The recent events taking place in Paris are a different animal. These are groups of organized people with extremist views and seemingly strong ties to the larger groups who provide funding, etc (Isis/Al Qaeda).

Regardless, they are both things to be concerned about. But I truly believe the solutions to each are very different from each other.

In any case, there is not one simple answer. Problems of this nature require a multi-angled approach. Simply bombing a people or group into submission is impossible and, quite frankly, history shows us it doesn't work.

For cultures to evolve and thrive, there must be opportunity. The fortunate few will relocate to where opportunity exists but far many more are unable to do that. So if given a choice of an empty glass or a glass half full of dirty, poisonous water, they quench their thirst with the later. Again, this is not an absolute (one only needs to look at Saudi Arabia), but IMO, more often than not, it is true.

As far as the one who acts alone, mental illness is a terrible demon that we as a society do not give enough attention to. We consider ourselves so evolved and yet we still have very few resources with those so afflicted. The fact that some of these people inevitably act out and harm others should be of no surprise.

Lastly, I'm disappointed that we can't seem to have a rational conversation about current events without people lashing out on each other. Obviously problems of a more serious nature will not be solved for many years to come when we can't even agree to be somewhat polite to each other on a car forum.

Armen
05-27-2017, 03:35 PM
I agree that all are inexcusable events regardless of motivation.

Where I disagree is in lumping them all together. Columbine, and Sandy Hook are isolated single incidents. There are no disciples of some principle or belief that will carry on the cause.

Religiously motivated attacks are many, and will continue to happen. Eventually it's going to happen very close to home.

Ask yourself this. If you heard of the Manchester bombing before the perpetrator was identified, what did you think was the motivation or affiliation. If you didn't first think an Islamic terrorist I'll call you either a liar or naive.

Many left wing apologists will suggest that thinking this is bigoted or even racist. The fact is that in the last couple of decades the high 90th percentile of these acts were done in the name of Islam. Facts aren't bigoted. Denying facts invites recurrence.

I count myself as a former left wing apologist who has looked at facts.

The part where we disagree is that a mentally ill guy who happens to shout out some Muslim phrase before driving into a crowd or something does not necessarily make that person some life long Muslim extremist. It would be easy to wrap that up and put a little bow on it and make so many more people comfortable if we were to do that, but the reality is that's not what is happening in that instance, imo.

When I heard of the attack at the concert in Manchester, yes, my first thought was terrorists. However, had this been in the late 70's or early 80's, my thought would have been the same but I would have been thinking the IRA.

WTF
05-27-2017, 05:24 PM
so.......are we all ready to arrange a Mustang cruise to the nearest Mosque?

we'll all take the wives and together we'll all take in the festivities

who's up for it?

Armen
05-27-2017, 05:27 PM
I don't deny there is a problem, I just feel that there is more than one problem and more than one solution. I'm not an apologist. On the contrary, I feel action should be taken, but one type of action or reaction will not be accomplish resolving the situation because, quite simply, there is more than one situation. Each instance needs to be looked at individually and case by case, especially as far as individual acts go. Where organized groups are concerned, the actions become somewhat more clear, but that must include more than a military response. If it was easy, these kinds of things wouldn't have been going on for thousands of years.

Armen
05-27-2017, 08:14 PM
The point I'm attempting to make is that there will always be individuals who act independently primarily because of mental illness and will attach themselves to whatever is the current most popular 'cause'. This is, imo, much different than the organized efforts.

Armen
05-27-2017, 10:40 PM
As I said, I understand that you and many others feel that way. I on the other hand believe that there is a difference between the the guy that's looking to go out with a bang and make his mark because he's screwed up and angry at everything and what you see going on in Paris or Manchester. That you want to put those in the same pot is your opinion but it's not one I happen to agree with.

Armen
06-03-2017, 06:59 PM
London attacks going on now at London Bridge and Borough Market.

StAnger
06-03-2017, 08:28 PM
London attacks going on now at London Bridge and Borough Market.

The religion of peace strikes again.

ZR
06-03-2017, 09:52 PM
OMG.

More than one person has died in a terrorist incident in central London which is still ongoing, police have said.
Armed officers and ambulances were alerted to reports a van hit people on London Bridge shortly after 22:00 BST.
Police later went to nearby Borough Market where they were responding to reports of stabbings in the area which is known for its restaurants and bars.
London Ambulance Service said at least 20 people have been taken to hospital.
Prime Minister Theresa May described the incidents as "dreadful events" and will chair a meeting of the government's Cobra emergency committee later.
The Metropolitan Police tweeted (https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/871152151787171840): "At 0025hrs 4/6/17 the incidents at #LondonBridge & #BoroughMarket were declared as terrorist incidents."
London Mayor Sadiq Khan said it was an "horrific terrorist attack".
He added: "The situation is still unfolding and I would ask all Londoners and visitors to our city to remain calm and vigilant.
"We don't yet know the full details, but this was a deliberate and cowardly attack on innocent Londoners and visitors to our city enjoying their Saturday night. I condemn it in the strongest possible terms."
Eyewitnesses told BBC home affairs correspondent Tom Symonds they saw between two and four people getting out of the van after the attack on the bridge and running towards Borough Market.
Gunshots were later heard in the area while one social media user has posted a photograph appearing to show one of the attackers, with what seemed to be canisters strapped to his body lying on the ground.

83 5.0
06-03-2017, 10:19 PM
Scary stuff, I was there the last week of April, shortly after the terrorist ran a truck into the crowds. Still wouldn't deter me from going.

92redragtop
06-03-2017, 11:03 PM
I'll be there in less than 60 days.

RIP to the victims.

92redragtop
06-03-2017, 11:08 PM
I'm not sure how I missed it but just saw today that 8 people were killed (shooting) in an attack in Mississippi last week? Didn't see it posted.

Harbinger
06-04-2017, 12:21 AM
^ maybe because the topic focus is islamic terrorism in europe

92redragtop
06-04-2017, 12:30 AM
^ maybe because the topic focus is islamic terrorism in europe

I meant in other posts?

Zexhuffer
06-04-2017, 01:12 AM
I'm not sure how I missed it but just saw today that 8 people were killed (shooting) in an attack in Mississippi last week? Didn't see it posted.

It was posted right next to the post about the 90 killed and 400 + were wounded in kabul. Don't even get me started on listing all the "occurrences" since the start of Ramadan across the world.

92redragtop
06-04-2017, 01:30 AM
It was posted right next to the post about the 90 killed and 400 + were wounded in kabul. Don't even get me started on listing all the "occurrences" since the start of Ramadan across the world.

For some reason I didn't see those posts - knew what happened there from the news but totally missed the 8 killed in Mississippi until today.