PDA

View Full Version : Top Gun 2...........it's a yes.

ZR
05-24-2017, 05:32 PM
Tom Cruise (http://variety.com/t/tom-cruise/) turned up the excitement around the production of “Top Gun 2 (http://variety.com/t/top-gun-2/)” on Wednesday with a confirmation on Australian TV that the film will go ahead.
Interviewed on the “Sunrise” show on Australia’s Seven Network, Cruise said that “filming will begin probably within the next next year.”
Asked by the presenter if rumors of the long awaited sequel were correct, Cruise said “its true,” before breaking into cackles and repeating himself several more time. “Its happening,” he added. “You’re the first people I’ve told. It’s going to happen.”
Cruise, Jerry Bruckheimer and co-star Val Kilmer have drip fed information about the film for the past two years. In addition, David Ellison of Skydance confirmed script development in 2015, and teased a potential plot.

RioCobra
05-24-2017, 07:04 PM
Lord knows I've watched Top Gun a ton, own it on Blu Ray, yet still watch it whenever it's on TV. Heck, I even saw it in the theatre when it came out in 1986.
But with no Tony Scott, I wonder how this will turn out.

Mustang4
05-24-2017, 09:44 PM
I'll still go and see it. Loved the original one.

RedSN
05-25-2017, 08:40 AM
The F-14 was retired in 2006.
What is Mav going to be flying?

CDNfyrfytr
05-25-2017, 09:21 AM
The US Navy flies a few variants of the F18 and also the F35, but Maverick is old so I'll guess a Cessna. He'll also ride and old man Harley cause sport bikes are uncomfortable, lol! I'll go see it anyway. It was the movie that made all kids my age (11 at the time) want to ride a 900 Ninja and fly jets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mavrrrick
05-25-2017, 09:31 AM
I'll go see it...Think Tom is a bit of a weirdo, but his movies are decent....My guess is it will be a 2 seater jet and he will be in the back seat, wearing Depends...lol

FoxRod
05-25-2017, 11:18 AM
The F-14 was retired in 2006.
What is Mav going to be flying?

Rumored to be about piloting Drone fighters...maybe Mav proves he's better than a video game?