PDA

View Full Version : Hydro rates...

Stephen06GT
06-04-2017, 09:02 AM
So our out of touch Premier and her flunky cabinet have told us "they get it" and they are going to lower our hydro costs, at the expense of future generations (my opinion). Then this morning I get this email:

Dear Hydro One Customer,

Hydro One Networks Inc. has applied to the Ontario Energy Board to increase our electricity distribution rates. Please review the Ontario Energy Board’s Notice of Hearing to learn more and to find out how you can participate in the Ontario Energy Board’s hearing.

The Notice of Hearing can be found at the following link http://bit.ly/OEB-Notice-2017-English.

Sincerely,
Regulatory Affairs
Hydro One Networks Inc.

This email was sent to schlebus@rogers.com by Hydro One
P.O Box 5700 | Markham | ON | L6G 1B7
Forward to a friend | Manage Preferences | Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe
www.HydroOne.com

ZR
06-04-2017, 09:13 AM
So let's see if I'm reading this right, Premier is pushing to drop rates at a cost of billions to us over the years to come but Hydro is applying for a "distribution" increase.
ARE THEY OUT OF THEIR FUCKING MINDS!!!!!

ZR
06-04-2017, 09:15 AM
Hydro One Networks Inc. has applied to raise its electricity distribution rates and other charges.Learn more. Have your say.Hydro One Networks Inc. has applied to the Ontario Energy Board to raise its electricity distribution rates effective January 1, 2018 and continuing each year for another4 years, until December 31, 2022. If the application is approved, a typical residential customer of Hydro One Networks Inc., using 750 kWh per month, would seeincreases as set out in the table below:2018 an increase of $2.79 per month2019 an increase of $2.47 per month2020 an increase of $2.31 per month2021 an increase of $1.95 per month2022 an increase of $2.23 per monthOther customers, including businesses, may be affected as well.Hydro One Networks Inc. has also acquired the electricity distribution assets of Norfolk Power, Haldimand County Hydro and Woodstock Hydro. The distribution ratesfor the former customers of these distributors will remain frozen at current levels until December 31, 2020. As part of this application, on January 1, 2021, and January 1,2022, the distribution rates for these customers will also be increasing.If the application is approved, a typical former residential customer of these three distributors, using 750 kWh per month, would see increases as set out in thetable below:Former Utility IncreaseNorfolk PowerHaldimand County HydroWoodstock Hydro2021$3.18 per month$4.52 per month$1.08 per month2022$1.09 per month$1.09 per month$0.84 per monthOther former customers of these distributors, including businesses, may be affected as well.Hydro One Networks Inc. has also applied for new service charges and for adjustments to many of its specific service charges, including increases to charges forthe collection of accounts, for disconnection, reconnection and removal of load control devices and for access to Hydro One Networks Inc. power poles. You areencouraged to review the application carefully to determine whether you may be affected by these changes.The Ontario government has introduced the Fair Hydro Act, 2017 that, if passed, would implement electricity rate reductions starting in the summer of 2017. Theamounts set out above are provided before the application of any credits that would be implemented under the Fair Hydro Act, 2017.

RedSN
06-04-2017, 09:26 AM
How much is it to put some solar panels on the roof and some batteries in the basement?

Biz
06-04-2017, 09:37 AM
How much is it to put some solar panels on the roof and some batteries in the basement?
I'm still thinking shingles.
Elon says a typical 2 story house will be $25k to $30k :D

Tesla has launched a calculator that provides estimates for its solar roof and has released the pricing information of $21.85 per square foot.

92redragtop
06-04-2017, 11:45 AM
They had a big rate increase ad in the newspaper on Friday..."paid for by the Liberal Party and ultimately you" is what the ad should say.

Mellow Yellow
06-04-2017, 11:51 AM
I'm still thinking shingles.
Elon says a typical 2 story house will be $25k to $30k :D

Tesla has launched a calculator that provides estimates for its solar roof and has released the pricing information of $21.85 per square foot.

I am definitely looking at this....just think it is very expensive right now. Price may come down as more people do this.

I bet the Ontario Government and Hydro One will try and make it illegible to do this without tying back into the grid.....at their discretion.

RedSN
06-04-2017, 12:43 PM
$30k buys a lot of FU.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/5443fff77652085e2ba6cc92a4c9e2b0/tumblr_non02mgU9o1s0t6o2o1_500.gif

Biz
06-04-2017, 05:24 PM
I am definitely looking at this....just think it is very expensive right now. Price may come down as more people do this.

I bet the Ontario Government and Hydro One will try and make it illegible to do this without tying back into the grid.....at their discretion.

P.E.I. man wants to know why he pays HST on electricity he generates himself

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/pei-electricity-hst-solar-net-metering-1.4139700

RedSN
06-04-2017, 05:53 PM
^^^what's the $116 on his bill? That's what he's paying HST on.

He should be charging HST for the electricity that he is selling to the grid. Then it should even out when he buys electricity back. This sounds like a simple accounting error.