PDA

View Full Version : 4r70w Rebuild Related

Harbinger
06-06-2017, 07:02 PM
I dislike the soft shifting the auto trans in my mach 1 and would like to know if anyone knows where I can purchase a new valve body that produces firmer shifts. Any input would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

ZR
06-06-2017, 07:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbIAKfhrdV0

ZR
06-06-2017, 07:12 PM
Also worth asking tuner how much it can be manipulated in the tune itself.

Harbinger
06-06-2017, 07:31 PM
Tune and no valve body upgrade is not a good idea

Hotford
06-06-2017, 07:52 PM
well you have a 4R75W trans to be exact.

a tune will do it wonders.....depending on what mods the car has, J mod and larger servo cab do wonders, adding a beauman shift kit will have all the above,once you do that,the trans would be good for 450 rwhp and live for some time providing you have the right tuner do the tune.

Just remember to take it out of OD before you floor it,let it go down into third first and the trans will down shift into second if need be, also this trans will not like WOT shifts into OD as its a band applied.

Harbinger
06-06-2017, 08:23 PM
well you have a 4R75W trans to be exact.

a tune will do it wonders.....depending on what mods the car has, J mod and larger servo cab do wonders, adding a beauman shift kit will have all the above,once you do that,the trans would be good for 450 rwhp and live for some time providing you have the right tuner do the tune.

Just remember to take it out of OD before you floor it,let it go down into third first and the trans will down shift into second if need be, also this trans will not like WOT shifts into OD as its a band applied.
Thanks for the info. Apparently some of the 03 mach 1s have 4r70w from what I read. I would def want to do a jmod or just get a performance valve body. Not interested in a beauman shift kit. And def get a tune after all said and done

ZR
06-06-2017, 09:28 PM
Chris has a bunch of experience with big h/p auto rides.

Slick_89_Hatch
06-07-2017, 09:07 AM
HotFord, (not to hijack the thread Harbinger) any advice for a5R55S? I am having Torque Converter slippage and found out after changing the solenoid pack that the converter needs to be done. Tranny shop I am going to use is going to change the converter and install a transgo shift kit (mainly to change to a commonly faulyt pressure valve?). Is there anything that can be done through tuning to improve the transmission shifting and life? Also, anything else to watch out for on that tranny? Sorry for all the questions!

5.4MarkVIII
06-07-2017, 12:35 PM
Is this the same trans that was in the mark8 ?
If so I have one sitting here that has the a rebuilt with full jmod and Larger aluminum pan. I'd sell it. It's just taking up space.

yllrgt
06-07-2017, 02:48 PM
I've got a Hypertech 91 .tune on my car , shifts are very firm and very fast .

Harbinger
06-08-2017, 11:23 PM
Is this the same trans that was in the mark8 ?
If so I have one sitting here that has the a rebuilt with full jmod and Larger aluminum pan. I'd sell it. It's just taking up space.
For how much ?

Harbinger
06-22-2017, 01:50 AM
Hotford I didn't pay attention to what you meant by beauman shift kit. I was for some reason thinking of B&M ratchet shifter lol. I must have been tired. Anyways to update the thread: I just had a transgo shift kit installed, firmed up the shift like it should have been from the start. John at TDS took apart my valve body, drilled necessary holes I believe J MOD style plus the transgo kit was put in. Healthiest thing to do for a 4r70w.

Hotford
06-22-2017, 05:00 PM
^^^^^^^^^^ pretty much the same thing you just did to your trans, just a different company^^^^^^^^^^

Bet it feels night and day.............