PDA

View Full Version : Brak pads..

Whitehot
06-14-2017, 06:11 AM
I was looking in here for brake pad selection for rear of my 99GT.....Anyone know were to find it?? lol, silly question time reveled ;)

ZR
06-14-2017, 07:43 AM
Rear choice will depend on

-what your running in the front
-intended use.

Whitehot
06-14-2017, 07:57 AM
ft is 4 piston Brembos... what ever they came with for pads... I ve sorta picked out Blue?? pads for the rear... can t member the rotor...lol ..... track use maybe couple...3-4 times a yr??

ZR
06-14-2017, 08:22 AM
I would contact the tech folks at Carbotech and explain what you have n ask for a suggestion. Expensive but well worth the cost, good number of guys here running them will similar success as my own.

http://www.ctbrakes.com/

Whitehot
06-14-2017, 08:25 AM
k, thx :)

RedSN
06-14-2017, 08:30 AM
Make sure you are sitting down, the price for the Carbotechs is going to shock you.
But if you are seeing 3-4 track days a year, especially TMP, then you would definitely benefit from a Carbotech or Hawk pad. Or swap the pads out for track days.

I'm running the XP8's on my car. Absolutely love these pads at the track. Once they warm up and quiet down they are simply amazing. This is my 3rd season on them, and still lots left on them. By comparison: I ran the EBC Reds, they lasted one season. Some drivers go through a set of Reds in a day ;)

On the street, I'm not crazy about the XP8's. I think I will go back to the Reds for the street.

1BAD92LX
06-14-2017, 11:52 AM
I get 4-5 track days tops out of my Hawk HP+ (using cobra calipers). Swap to street pads for normal driving. Will be looking into Carbotechs when current pads are worn out