PDA

View Full Version : BLM Toronto wants to control the car hobby too

WTF
06-20-2017, 07:03 PM
nicely done General Lee Charger?

can't be shown in public according to this gem

https://www.facebook.com/552131777/videos/10154624851461778/

am I the only one who is completely tired of this shit?

WTF
06-20-2017, 07:07 PM
https://www.insidetoronto.com/news-story/7379833-video-confederate-flags-at-scarborough-festival-spur-heated-exchange/

WTF
06-20-2017, 07:08 PM
https://www.facebook.com/everipedianews/posts/1809188332743001

WTF
06-20-2017, 07:10 PM
https://www.everipedia.com/ybia-anderson/

55 HD
06-20-2017, 07:21 PM
So????????value up or down on this car as we move forward with this crap.

StAnger
06-20-2017, 07:51 PM
I'm sick of these whiny fucking pieces of shit.

5.4MarkVIII
06-20-2017, 07:57 PM
Getting old real quick. People who don't have a clue and who'll buy any political bullshit that is forced on them because they aren't smart enough to learn the truth for themselves

5.4MarkVIII
06-20-2017, 08:08 PM
In the interest of being informed can someone fill me in on what they are talking about when they refer to confederacy?

I understand the whole south had slaves but so did those in the north at the time.

The flag is the battle flag and by far not the only one flown even by the south

I understand that the KkK has used the flag but they flunthe American flag too. So why isn't it racist?

NickD
06-20-2017, 08:35 PM
Anyone able to wrap my roof with Ol' Dixie, would go great with the color scheme

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

92redragtop
06-20-2017, 08:47 PM
Sigh, what a bunch of idiots.

92redragtop
06-20-2017, 08:49 PM
In the interest of being informed can someone fill me in on what they are talking about when they refer to confederacy?

I understand the whole south had slaves but so did those in the north at the time.

The flag is the battle flag and by far not the only one flown even by the south

I understand that the KkK has used the flag but they flunthe American flag too. So why isn't it racist?

In her outrage here in Canada, she's referencing American (southern) history and an American war....what an idiot. I suppose she's protesting outside the TV stations that still air the show?

2005BlackGT
06-20-2017, 09:08 PM
http://thoughtcatalog.com/daniel-hayes/2015/06/facts-about-the-confederate-flag/

Mellow Yellow
06-20-2017, 09:14 PM
In her outrage here in Canada, she's referencing American (southern) history and an American war....what an idiot. I suppose she's protesting outside the TV stations that still air the show?

I couldn't tell for sure, she may be more of Caribbean descent rather Southern American.
I know they are all generally from Africa, but the civil war had nothing to do with the Caribbean.

ZR
06-20-2017, 10:15 PM
I'm sympathetic to the fact things don't always play out as they should in our society but it's incidents like this that make me care just a little less. To me, things like this are only offensive if you so choose. Like my friend Jumpy use to say in the mod forum on GTAMC, Rick, water off a ducks back.
Wise words to live by.
Night to all.

92redragtop
06-20-2017, 10:23 PM
I couldn't tell for sure, she may be more of Caribbean descent rather Southern American.
I know they are all generally from Africa, but the civil war had nothing to do with the Caribbean.

Yes I think she is Caribbean (Jamaica?). I meant the American south (South Carolina) which is where the Confederate War was waged - she kept referencing the Confederates losing (and the history of the flag; lynchings, etc) as a reason the car/flags shouldn't be on display....but she's in Canada where none of this happened (at least not to Africans). Maybe on a stretch she might be able to make that argument in South Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana, etc, but Toronto?

5.4MarkVIII
06-20-2017, 10:52 PM
Yes I think she is Caribbean (Jamaica?). I meant the American south (South Carolina) which is where the Confederate War was waged - she kept referencing the Confederates losing (and the history of the flag; lynchings, etc) as a reason the car/flags shouldn't be on display....but she's in Canada where none of this happened (at least not to Africans). Maybe on a stretch she might be able to make that argument in South Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana, etc, but Toronto?

I don't think racisam and lynchings were solely commited by the south. Pretty sure that kinda thing happened all over the place. So why make it sold about that flag (the flag that dosnt even represent the south, the flag on the general lea is not actual the true confederate flag. So crazy lady thinking she knows history dosnt really know history.

92redragtop
06-20-2017, 11:03 PM
I don't think racisam and lynchings were solely commited by the south. Pretty sure that kinda thing happened all over the place. So why make it sold about that flag (the flag that dosnt even represent the south, the flag on the general lea is not actual the true confederate flag. So crazy lady thinking she knows history dosnt really know history.

It was mostly representative of the south during the slave trade and as recent as the 1960's (in the south) but yes, it did occur in other places.

My point was about your last sentence.

Not4you
06-21-2017, 12:41 AM
Some in the North did have slaves before the war but it was the North that was supporting abolishing them, changing the laws. The South were fighting to keep the laws in place. So while slavery was in the North pre-war, they have come away as innocent in the slavery argument as we move further and further from the time period in to an age where the truth is being lost as people are not studying history deep enough to retain the real stories.

I speak for myself here too as I just learned much of what I know a couple few years back when I visited Gettysburg.

So her arguing that the south lost and were the only ones involved in slavery is complete bullshit. Sure they faught to keep it, and lost, but there is a lot to the story that this idiot is missing.

ZR
06-21-2017, 06:57 AM
Visiting and taking in all there is to offer in Gettysberg should be a mandatory trip for everyone both young and old, so much history. For Dad, Ross and I, previously though highlight of our trip was the show at Carlisle.

RedSN
06-21-2017, 07:37 AM
Do you think the redneck proudly displaying the flag on the mud flaps of his lifted, rolling coal Dodge really knows the true history of the flag? Of course not. The flag has no relevance in this century.

ZR
06-21-2017, 07:40 AM
As a child, witnessed a racial incident while visiting my grandparents in a very upscale Southern Alabama University town that I'll never forget. Tirade of profanity, threats and racial BS from a very old white women upon a guy who was doing what appeared to be nothing more than trying to park his car was unprovoked and ridiculous. Cherry popped on a kid of 6 or 7 experiencing hatred and ignorance at it's finest.
Just as eye opening, seeing first hand what "other side of the tracks" really meant. People living in conditions unfit for an animal let alone human beings. I simply could not get my head around how beautiful the stereotype southern mansions were on the one side of town while just across the tracks things were dramatically different. While slavery may be long since behind us, some people on both sides still carry a ton of baggage along with them.
Yes the past n history can suck absolute balls, only way we can move forward is respect and embrace what we've learned and make sure it never happens again. Dragging hatred forward means we are moving forward in time only, not making positive change.

Laffs
06-21-2017, 08:49 AM
"I’m appalled that I’m the first person to flip out about this. It was very painful for me."

Shutuppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Not4you
06-21-2017, 09:33 AM
Visiting and taking in all there is to offer in Gettysberg should be a mandatory trip for everyone both young and old, so much history. For Dad, Ross and I, previously though highlight of our trip was the show at Carlisle.

For me the show was just good, but the Gettysburg tours we did that same week were amazing. I'd do both again.

92redragtop
06-21-2017, 10:32 AM
Some in the North did have slaves before the war but it was the North that was supporting abolishing them, changing the laws. The South were fighting to keep the laws in place. So while slavery was in the North pre-war, they have come away as innocent in the slavery argument as we move further and further from the time period in to an age where the truth is being lost as people are not studying history deep enough to retain the real stories.

I speak for myself here too as I just learned much of what I know a couple few years back when I visited Gettysburg.

So her arguing that the south lost and were the only ones involved in slavery is complete bullshit. Sure they faught to keep it, and lost, but there is a lot to the story that this idiot is missing.

In the US north, yes. Slavery was abolished in Canada while Canada was still a British colony...plus the confederate flag has no symbolism here. The history she is quoting isn't really relevant or accurate in the context of her outrage here.

mavrrrick
06-21-2017, 10:38 AM
If she finds it offensive, thats ok, we understand....now just walk away. No need to make a scene about it. What she is doing is just fueling the feelings of some.
JMO

RedSN
06-21-2017, 10:50 AM
It is misguided outrage. The car is obviously an homage to the iconic Dukes of Hazard General Lee. There is no malice intended in the paint job that happens to include the Confederate battle flag. I can sympathize with the outrage if the flag were displayed in any other context.

Curious; would a similar outrage occur if you painted a plane with the iconic paint scheme displayed on the bf109?
http://s.hswstatic.com/gif/messerschmitt-bf-109-1.jpg
No malice intended, bu yet there it is: an icon that is despised by a large population.

Laffs
06-21-2017, 11:09 AM
It is misguided outrage. The car is obviously an homage to the iconic Dukes of Hazard General Lee. There is no malice intended in the paint job that happens to include the Confederate battle flag. I can sympathize with the outrage if the flag were displayed in any other context.

Curious; would a similar outrage occur if you painted a plane with the iconic paint scheme displayed on the bf109?
http://s.hswstatic.com/gif/messerschmitt-bf-109-1.jpg
No malice intended, bu yet there it is: an icon that is despised by a large population.

This is similar to what I was going to type next but maybe a better examples. The "flag" in this example is not an homage to confederacy, but an homage to much loved television program. I'm 1000% perfect in favor of not promoting hate or racism, but this is misguided at best. Also, I hate the era of the 1% who is "offended" setting the rules for the 99% who are indifferent or in favor.

ZR
06-21-2017, 11:54 AM
For me the show was just good, but the Gettysburg tours we did that same week were amazing. I'd do both again.

We all came away thinking the exact same thing.
Touring the area, can't help but feel the history.

mavrrrick
06-21-2017, 12:08 PM
She is just an a-hole...plain and simple.

hsousa88
06-21-2017, 04:30 PM
It's 2017

Get over it bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

83 5.0
06-21-2017, 06:57 PM
A bit unrelated but heard a good quote by Evan Solomon on Ottawa radio today. Trudeau just renamed the Langevin block at The Parliament buildings today to something ridiculous like the PMO of Canada and the Privy council building. Langevin was a father of confederation, also was the architect of the Residential School System,
( which truly was a black eye on Canada).
His comment was judging our forefathers on our beliefs and values of today, compared with what their era knew, just isn't a fair comparison. Morals and beliefs change over time, and we would effectively erase a huge portion of our history by removing all these references to our past.

92redragtop
06-21-2017, 09:43 PM
A bit unrelated but heard a good quote by Evan Solomon on Ottawa radio today. Trudeau just renamed the Langevin block at The Parliament buildings today to something ridiculous like the PMO of Canada and the Privy council building. Langevin was a father of confederation, also was the architect of the Residential School System,
( which truly was a black eye on Canada).
His comment was judging our forefathers on our beliefs and values of today, compared with what their era knew, just isn't a fair comparison. Morals and beliefs change over time, and we would effectively erase a huge portion of our history by removing all these references to our past.

Just to test the hypothesis (not saying I agree with JT), how would this work if applied to Germany in the 1930's or the US south pre-emancipation?

ZR
06-22-2017, 07:14 AM
http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/random-pictures-3-1.jpg

Zexhuffer
06-22-2017, 02:45 PM
https://www.google.ca/amp/globalnews.ca/news/3547505/university-of-toronto-graduation/amp/

All I see lately is division more and more from "us and them actions". Campuses have became the hot spots for segregation and division and its groups like black lives matter that are doing it.

5.4MarkVIII
06-22-2017, 04:27 PM
So it's not okay for a white person to want a white Dr but it is okay for a black person to want a black teacher?

Jack Raccoon!
06-22-2017, 04:46 PM
http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/random-pictures-3-1.jpg
That's not mine...

ZR
06-22-2017, 05:33 PM
Shut up, it is so.

WTF
06-22-2017, 06:54 PM
https://www.google.ca/amp/globalnews.ca/news/3547505/university-of-toronto-graduation/amp/

All I see lately is division more and more from "us and them actions". Campuses have became the hot spots for segregation and division and its groups like black lives matter that are doing it.

seems every notable BLM Toronto mouthpiece is employed by one of 3 schools

Ryerson
York
UofT

breeding ground for the way Gov't works

soon they'll be demanding they're own water fountains

StAnger
06-22-2017, 07:25 PM
seems every notable BLM Toronto mouthpiece is employed by one of 3 schools

Ryerson
York
UofT

breeding ground for the way Gov't works

No surprise there.

soon they'll be demanding they're own water fountains

LOL!

TheMustangShow
06-22-2017, 07:42 PM
Just another stupid LibTARD, this Cow is particularly irritating, with her grating voice and profanity.

Torontonians, should be concerned that this Radical is involved with the Schools.

StAnger
06-22-2017, 07:47 PM
Just another stupid LibTARD, this Cow is particularly irritating, with her grating voice and profanity.

Torontonians, should be concerned that this Radical is involved with the Schools.

It's Toronto. The kids and parents are probably already afflicted with the same disease.

Darkhorse
06-25-2017, 04:06 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!