PDA

View Full Version : This will make you sick to your stomach.

ZR
07-04-2017, 01:41 PM
http://www.torontosun.com/2017/07/04/caught-on-video-elderly-ottawa-man-with-dementia-punched-in-face-11-times-by-personal-support-worker

A personal care worker at a city-run retirement residence delivered 11 punches to the face of an elderly, immobile and largely non-verbal dementia patient, a video obtained by Posmedia reveals.

The high-definition video camera that recorded the attack was installed by the patient’s family and wasn’t even a secret to staff at the Garry J. Armstrong long-term care home on Island Lodge Road where the assault occurred.

Workers were made aware that the video system was being installed in the room of 89-year-old Georges Karam after the family grew increasingly concerned about the number of unexplained injuries he had suffered since moving into the residence two years ago.

The city scrambled to assure other residents and their families in the city-run long-term care home that “the safety and well-being of all of our residents is our number one priority,” after being contacted by Postmedia about the case. “We take our commitment to safety seriously,” wrote Janice Burelle, general manager of community and social services in a letter she sent to Mayor Jim Watson, council and city staff.

The video, which was provided to Postmedia by Karam’s family, shows the elderly man lying in bed as personal support worker Jie Xiao yanks him back and forth while removing his diaper. Karam suffers from Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease and needs a wheelchair to move around.

An agitated Karam took a pair of swipes with a crippled and shaking hand at Xiao during the diaper change.

It was after a third swipe that came closer to Xiao’s face that the 44-year-old care worker unleashed a series of rapid punches with his gloved hand to the side of Karam’s face on March 8.

Xiao frequently paused between the blows, delivering two or three punches at time with his left hand as his right hand took hold of Karam’s arm. The sound of the fist making contact with Karam’s face is clearly audible on the video.

(LINK ABOVE TO FULL STORY PLUS VID, DID NOT HAVE THE HEART TO OPEN THE VID)

Old Fart
07-04-2017, 02:32 PM
It's amazing that this still goes on...sickening!!

hsousa88
07-04-2017, 05:12 PM
Man that is fucked up. Yeah the elderly can be a handful but come on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluetoy
07-04-2017, 06:51 PM
I watched the video. While it is disgusting it is not brutal as it sounds. This so called personal care worker needs to be gone and never be allowed to be in the care of anyone again. ASAP

WTF
07-04-2017, 07:39 PM
the system should allow the family of this man to unleash a series of rapid punches to the face of the "care worker"

SVOMACH1
07-04-2017, 09:05 PM
If anyone were to do this to either one of my parents I would honestly kill them.