PDA

View Full Version : Govt is protecting this pricks blood money?????

ZR
07-07-2017, 06:56 AM
To me, if this has indeed been quietly paid so as to protect him from loosing the funds in a US based lawsuit, everyone involved should be immediately removed from power.

The federal government has paid former Guantanamo Bay inmate Omar Khadr 10.5-million dollars as part of a deal to settle his long-standing lawsuit over the violations of his rights.
A source familiar with the situation told The Canadian Press that the Liberal government wanted to get ahead of an attempt by two Americans to enforce a massive U-S court award against Khadr in Canadian court.
Word of the quiet money transfer came on the eve of a hearing in which a lawyer planned to ask the Ontario Superior Court to block the payout to Khadr, who currently lives in Edmonton on bail.
Toronto lawyer David Winer is acting for the widow of an U-S special forces soldier, Chris Speer, who Khadr is alleged to have killed after a firefight in Afghanistan in July 2002, and another U-S soldier, Layne Morris, who was blinded in one eye in the battle.
Tabitha Speer and Morris won a default 134.1-million dollar U-S default judgment against Khadr in a Utah court two years ago, but legal experts have said getting any money Khadr might receive in order to satisfy the Utah judgment would be extremely unlikely to succeed.
It was not immediately clear whether the hearing scheduled for Friday morning would go ahead given the payout.

5.4MarkVIII
07-07-2017, 07:35 AM
To me, if this has indeed been quietly paid so as to protect him from loosing the funds in a US based lawsuit, everyone involved should be immediately removed from power.

The federal government has paid former Guantanamo Bay inmate Omar Khadr 10.5-million dollars as part of a deal to settle his long-standing lawsuit over the violations of his rights.
A source familiar with the situation told The Canadian Press that the Liberal government wanted to get ahead of an attempt by two Americans to enforce a massive U-S court award against Khadr in Canadian court.
Word of the quiet money transfer came on the eve of a hearing in which a lawyer planned to ask the Ontario Superior Court to block the payout to Khadr, who currently lives in Edmonton on bail.
Toronto lawyer David Winer is acting for the widow of an U-S special forces soldier, Chris Speer, who Khadr is alleged to have killed after a firefight in Afghanistan in July 2002, and another U-S soldier, Layne Morris, who was blinded in one eye in the battle.
Tabitha Speer and Morris won a default 134.1-million dollar U-S default judgment against Khadr in a Utah court two years ago, but legal experts have said getting any money Khadr might receive in order to satisfy the Utah judgment would be extremely unlikely to succeed.
It was not immediately clear whether the hearing scheduled for Friday morning would go ahead given the payout.

Do you have the source this was printed in. I'd definitely like to share

ZR
07-07-2017, 07:36 AM
Absolutely.

http://www.cp24.com/news/government-has-already-paid-omar-khadr-10-5-m-in-order-to-settle-lawsuit-1.3492838

https://www.cp24.com/polopoly_fs/1.2914822.1464115325!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_620/image.jpg

True Blue
07-07-2017, 07:45 AM
From one of the sources I read, the payment was made Wednesday night. Fucking disgusting!!

ZR
07-07-2017, 07:49 AM
See things like that happening, makes you feel ashamed to be part of a country that supports him.

Ray721
07-07-2017, 07:59 AM
Fucking disgusted with this country.

92redragtop
07-07-2017, 09:53 AM
This is crazy - have to wonder what's driving this because it can't be good in any way for the decision makers (unless they think people will forget by the time the election comes around again).

WTF
07-07-2017, 10:14 AM
so...the story isn't that the Feds are "planning" to give this terrorist a lottery ticket

the story is that they already gave him the fucking lottery ticket

and they've done it in a fashion so the real victim's family can't hold up payment

the Liberals really are the lowest form of scum

5.4MarkVIII
07-07-2017, 10:15 AM
This is crazy - have to wonder what's driving this because it can't be good in any way for the decision makers (unless they think people will forget by the time the election comes around again).

I would think so but there is a surprising number of ppl defending this. And calling him a victim.

92redragtop
07-07-2017, 11:36 AM
I would think so but there is a surprising number of ppl defending this. And calling him a victim.

That's my fear, that while it should be a noose around their necks at the next election - that they will be given a free pass on this horrendous decision/process.

StAnger
07-07-2017, 12:08 PM

What's driving it, is the fact that Trudeau is a terrorist sympathizer. The best thing that could happen, is if he and his cabinet fell of the face of the Earth.

5.4MarkVIII
07-07-2017, 12:11 PM
That's my fear, that while it should be a noose around their necks at the next election - that they will be given a free pass on this horrendous decision/process.

Is it irony or karma that my brother is one of these liberal apologists?
Christmas is fun. Lol

92redragtop
07-07-2017, 12:34 PM
What's driving it, is the fact that Trudeau is a terrorist sympathizer. The best thing that could happen, is if he and his cabinet fell of the face of the Earth.

Yeah but these guys are always about getting elected so this isn't a popular decision (I'm sure their strategists identified this) so I'm curious about their long game.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it irony or karma that my brother is one of these liberal apologists?
Christmas is fun. Lol

LOL!

83 5.0
07-07-2017, 12:45 PM
The worst effing thing about this is the Liberals wanted it done quietly, and a possible insider sickened by the details leaked it. http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/khadr-lawyer-upset-by-settlement-reports-1.3490230

If Goodales apology and the fact they wanted to get this done so the litigants in the USA couldn't touch his settlement, Liberals have hit the lowest moral value we know.

Even the comments on the good old CBC news site are disgusted with this http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/omar-khadr-settlement-1.4194142 and they usually go the other way.

Knowing what our servicemen have had to fight the government over for payouts, this is more than just disgusting, it is totally disrespectful. Harper got it, that is why he spent millions fighting it in the courts.

Trudeau is a chip off the old mans block. He better have fireproof socks the next time he is in a media scrum cause his feet should be put to the fire.

All I hope is this $10 million payout gets rid of Trudeau, then its worth t.

bullittman
07-07-2017, 01:12 PM
There is a petition that I saw in the Sun today. Let's get more names.

https://www.taxpayer.com/resource-centre/petitions/petition?tpContentId=162

92redragtop
07-07-2017, 01:19 PM
Change.org has one also but I think it's the same 50K people signing them versus millions.

83 5.0
07-07-2017, 05:03 PM
If there ever was a leader to have lead the Conservatives, Brad Wall is the candidate.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/brad-wall-disagrees-omar-khadr-1.4191399
Guy has balls in my opinion.

RedSN
07-07-2017, 05:52 PM
"On behalf of the government of Canada, we wish to apologize to Mr. Khadr for any role Canadian officials may have played in relation to his ordeal abroad and any resulting harm," the statement reads.
"We hope that this expression, and the negotiated settlement reached with the government, will assist him in his efforts to begin a new and hopeful chapter in his life with his fellow Canadians.
Are you fucking kidding me? His "fellow" Canadians? Like we're fucking chums now? I gotta stop following this clusterfuck before my head explodes.

RedSN
07-07-2017, 06:25 PM
"I think it restores a little bit my reputation here in Canada, and I think that's the biggest thing for me,"
:mad:
I said I was going to stop reading this stuff. I should have followed my own advice. This story just makes me more and more mad.

StAnger
07-07-2017, 07:03 PM
:mad:
I said I was going to stop reading this stuff. I should have followed my own advice. This story just makes me more and more mad.

Yep... It's disgusting. The piece of shit should be 6 feet under, and yet he was handed 10.5 million, and he for some reason thinks Canadians are going to forget that.

WTF
07-07-2017, 07:20 PM
was tempting myself to send an email to the elected MP that I didn't vote for

http://aehsassi.liberal.ca/

decided to take a pass for now.....figured he'd be out celebrating

ZR
07-07-2017, 07:28 PM
.................. on his expense account no doubt!!!

Intmdtr
07-07-2017, 07:31 PM
WELL FUCK ME WITH A BLUNT INSTRUMENT!!!!!!

I really wish my tongue wasn't tied by my place of employment on my real thoughts over this matter. The last few days have been nothing but nightmares and daymares brought on by PTSD over this fucktard and our government.

ZR
07-07-2017, 07:48 PM
Sorry to hear.

StAnger
07-07-2017, 07:51 PM
was tempting myself to send an email to the elected MP that I didn't vote for

http://aehsassi.liberal.ca/

decided to take a pass for now.....figured he'd be out celebrating

He's one of THEM too...

Boomer
07-08-2017, 09:47 PM
Sorry to say but our current government is a bunch of idiots!

ZR
07-11-2017, 07:40 AM
^ When did they get that smart?

83 5.0
07-11-2017, 09:25 PM
I read The Star, Globe and The Sun , everyday, but have had to skip The Stalinist Star the last few days with their columnists wagging their fingers at us who oppose this, saying we don't get it, his Charter Rights were violated blah blah blah.
Somewhere in all their BS they forget he was on an opposing side in major conflict, making him a traitor.
Have been surprised how many commenters on the CBC news site have been opposed to this, there is usually a heavy depth of left wing commenters ganging up on the right wing group.

83 5.0
07-15-2017, 10:22 PM
http://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-trudeau-must-explain-how-khadr-payout-was-ever-the-honourable-option/wcm/4b10bfa6-0e42-407e-9fa8-edff40b9e073

Good article by Rex Murphy in the National Post

True Blue
07-16-2017, 06:15 AM
I usually don't voice my opinions in these political threats, but this one really burns me!

After all the Billions these motherfucking Liberals waste, this PM turd is worried about saving $30-40 million that it "could" cost in fighting this case. So the right thing to do is to payoff a fucking terrorist? I wouldn't give a shit if the court case would have ended up costing us the taxpayers $100 million, just so this scum bag didn't see a fucking dollar and to prove a point that our government doesn't do payouts!!
I hope to God, this is the nail in the coffin that kills the Liberals chances in the next election.

RedSN
07-16-2017, 10:36 AM
http://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-trudeau-must-explain-how-khadr-payout-was-ever-the-honourable-option/wcm/4b10bfa6-0e42-407e-9fa8-edff40b9e073

Good article by Rex Murphy in the National Post
Holy shit! Rex Murphy is still alive?

Good article and good explanation.

5.4MarkVIII
07-16-2017, 08:26 PM
go to youtube, search Rebel Media. There's quite a few short news pieces on Khadr.

His family history and other stuff is interesting/alarming

by UN definition a child soldier is 14 or younger, Khadr was just shy of his 16th birthday.

Also he is getting married to a Palestinian activist.

I had heard from a couple sources that un definition. Is 14 or under but if you search now all the sources that come up news articals related to Khadr. All say under 19

Almost like the spam the internet on purpose to hide the truth.

92redragtop
07-16-2017, 09:58 PM
Probably got updated because of the issues in Africa over the years.

5.4MarkVIII
07-17-2017, 07:32 AM
Was't calling out. I just wasn't sure cuz when I did a little reading on it There seeemed to be a bunch of different oppinions on it.

Of course there have been times in the past where minors have been tried as adults for crimes.

I look at it this way

If he had thrown that Granada and killed/ injured all the soldiers there. And managed to get away without being shot.

Where would Omar be today? What would he be doing?

I don't believe for a second that he would be a contributing member of Canadian society

92redragtop
07-17-2017, 06:06 PM
18 is optional, as in "want fries with that"

The child soldier issue preceded the Afghanistan war with young boys being kidnapped into rebel armies during the civil wars several countries experienced over the decades (and are still experiencing) so I think they built in discretion depending on the situation?

mavrrrick
07-19-2017, 07:07 AM
I usually don't voice my opinions in these political threats, but this one really burns me!

After all the Billions these motherfucking Liberals waste, this PM turd is worried about saving $30-40 million that it "could" cost in fighting this case. So the right thing to do is to payoff a fucking terrorist? I wouldn't give a shit if the court case would have ended up costing us the taxpayers $100 million, just so this scum bag didn't see a fucking dollar and to prove a point that our government doesn't do payouts!!
I hope to God, this is the nail in the coffin that kills the Liberals chances in the next election.

It would only cost $1.50 if I were in charge of the country.... Cost of the bullet!!!

Blackmare
07-19-2017, 08:47 AM

Amen.