PDA

View Full Version : Women need our support on this one.

ZR
07-11-2017, 07:16 AM
Dig in and help if you can.

CORNWALL, Ont. - An eastern Ontario city is facing a human rights complaint over its policy on female toplessness in pools, more than two decades after it became legal for women bare their breasts in public in the province.
Cornwall Mayor Leslie O'Shaughnessy said a woman has complained to the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario alleging the pool policy discriminates on the basis of gender.
“Our policy states that girls over the age of 10 must wear a top,” O'Shaughnessy said. “The clause that's in there is specific to females.”
City councillors will decide whether to fight the complaint or change the policy in the coming weeks, and were set to be briefed by city lawyers on Monday evening, he said.
The tribunal has not yet scheduled a hearing on the matter and the full details of the complaint haven't been made public, but O'Shaughnessy noted the complainant doesn't live in the city or the surrounding counties.

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="outline: 0px; font-size: 28.8px; line-height: 1.6; vertical-align: baseline; width: 1px; height: 1px; margin: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; border-width: 0px !important; border-style: initial !important; overflow: hidden !important;"></iframe>

The complaint also targets an eastern Ontario water park and seven hotel companies.
Cornwall's toplessness policy dates back to 1996 - and O'Shaughnessy said he doesn't know the reasoning behind it.
Bare breasts were a matter of public debate at the time.
In December of that year, the Ontario Court of Appeal ruled that a woman's topless stroll down a street in Guelph, Ont., was not obscene, making it legal for all women in Ontario to be topless in public.
Municipal policies on the issue have been challenged in a number of Ontario cities on the basis of that ruling in the intervening years.
Cambridge, Ont., eliminated its toplessness policy after two women were charged with trespassing for swimming topless in protest of the city's ban in 1997.
Guelph, Ont., changed its policy after an eight-year-old girl was told by city staff to cover up while she was in a wading pool wearing only a swim bottom in 2015.
The recent human rights complaint wasn't sparked by a similar incident, according to Scott Lecky, the owner and general manager of the Ramada Cornwall, one of the respondents.
“Nothing really happened,” Lecky said. “We got an email from someone we thought was a guest.”
The complainant had emailed six or seven months ago to ask if she would be able to swim topless at the hotel, he said.
“Our response was 'we appreciate your email, but you know we have a family establishment here,”' Lecky said. “'We have a lot of kids and families that stay with us and we appreciate if you wore appropriate swim attire while staying at the hotel.”'
Lecky said the documents he was served about two months ago indicate the woman had contacted each of the respondents in a similar manner to ask about their policies on toplessness.
However, the woman never stayed in the hotel, he said, adding it didn't have a firm policy on toplessness and hadn't needed one before.
But after hiring a lawyer, the hotel has made it a policy to allow women to swim topless from now on, he said.

Scrape
07-11-2017, 07:45 AM
And the debate continues...

ZR
07-11-2017, 07:46 AM
I think we need to embark on a fact finding mission regarding this one brother Scrape........... you game?

Stephen06GT
07-11-2017, 07:51 AM
I think we need to embark on a fact finding mission regarding this one brother Scrape........... you game?

A hands on approach?

ZR
07-11-2017, 08:10 AM
Oh course, no sacrifice is too large.

RedSN
07-11-2017, 08:36 AM
I have 2 comments:

Ramada Inn in Cornwall. Do we really want to see Ramada Inn clientele topless?
Think of the children!

“Our response was 'we appreciate your email, but you know we have a family establishment here,”' Lecky said. “'We have a lot of kids and families that stay with us and we appreciate if you wore appropriate swim attire while staying at the hotel.”'
Yes, think of the children. Kids, especially infants, should not be subjected to bare breasts.

Intmdtr
07-11-2017, 10:19 AM
I regards to this, if Mcdonalds can post signs of "no shirt, no shoes....no service" then why can't a company like a hotel etc... ask their patrons to remain covered up while on their premises? If it's on your own deck/pool/property then let them fly, if it's in public, be mindful of how it makes others uncomfortable.

Hey I am a guy, and boobs are boobs, I will look at them all day long....but don't be offended when I am staring at them cause you have them hanging out in public. The sexiest thing about women is when they are covered up and it's left to my imagination what's under there.....

Scrape
07-11-2017, 11:14 AM
Definitely my friend. I agree that the hands on approach is best. Just make sure that all hands are on deck! :)

Scrape
07-11-2017, 11:16 AM
Why did you ruin that image about #1 lol!
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gdEcOZkDO7k/V6qOtarJcVI/AAAAAAAAUWA/uaJnNuHQDxsTNsnRvvlJD--D1tqzYU_UACLcB/s1600/saggy_breasts.jpg

I have 2 comments:

Ramada Inn in Cornwall. Do we really want to see Ramada Inn clientele topless?
Think of the children!

Yes, think of the children. Kids, especially infants, should not be subjected to bare breasts.

WTF
07-11-2017, 11:45 AM
my unscientific survey of one says the ones demanding to whip them out....are likely the ones you do not wanna see

just a hunch

StAnger
07-11-2017, 12:29 PM
my unscientific survey of one says the ones demanding to whip them out....are likely the ones you do not wanna see

just a hunch

You mean SJW whales like this?

https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/13827465_177623566055833_5347725821052190720_n.jpg

92redragtop
07-11-2017, 12:58 PM
I regards to this, if Mcdonalds can post signs of "no shirt, no shoes....no service" then why can't a company like a hotel etc... ask their patrons to remain covered up while on their premises? If it's on your own deck/pool/property then let them fly, if it's in public, be mindful of how it makes others uncomfortable.

Hey I am a guy, and boobs are boobs, I will look at them all day long....but don't be offended when I am staring at them cause you have them hanging out in public. The sexiest thing about women is when they are covered up and it's left to my imagination what's under there.....

Yeah, I'm not sure how something being legal automatically makes it a human right (eg. driving a car is legal but not a human right)....and, as long as a commercial enterprise isn't violating a defined human right they can set their own rules for their establishment. I'm not sure why folks like this find that so hard to understand.

Clutt gt
07-12-2017, 10:02 PM
I say fine you want to whip out the girls in public the go for it.
As soon as she can she won't she's just looking for something to protest and on the off chance that it means that much to her then fine let them hang I don't give a fuck. If they are nice I will probably look, hell if they are not I will probably look.
If they are covered I will probably still look.
It's not for us she just doesn't like to be told no when a man is told yes.
So fine let her have her way.
I can go topless and trust me it ain't pretty.

ZR
07-12-2017, 10:05 PM
^ Hey now, no pictures, you promised. LOL

92redragtop
07-12-2017, 11:03 PM
^ Hey now, no pictures, you promised. LOL

That's ok, Photobucket won't let him.

Ponyryd
07-13-2017, 12:21 AM

My thoughts as well, legal means one thing, but on private property there are different rules to abide by. I love tits, quite possibly two of my favourite things in the world, but this sounds like it's just someone complaining for the sake of complaining.

ZR
07-13-2017, 06:40 AM
^ You absolutely nailed it.