PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather vs. McGregor...

Stephen06GT
08-25-2017, 12:44 PM
Where's your money on this one?

WTF
08-25-2017, 12:49 PM
if McGregor doesn't plant Floyd by the end of round 3 then he looses

1TUF65
08-25-2017, 12:56 PM
I agree with WTF. Now that they are using 8oz gloves in stead of 10oz. McGregor may be able to sneak some punches by................But if the fight goes past 4 or 5 rounds then Mayweather will win. To many what ifs.

Biz
08-25-2017, 01:44 PM
I was just coming here to post a thread.

McGregor needs to get it done in the first 4 rounds or its a decision and most likely Floyd wins.
They really both win after the money they will get.

Here's some facts I've come across.

All private plane parking spots at McCarran Airport are booked Friday-Sunday!
17 out of 18 bets coming in are on McGregor.
If McGregor wins Vegas is not sure they can cover all the bets.
The Maloof Brothers have the highest single bet for Mayweather to win with $880,000 pays $1,040,000 if he does.
Bono was going to sing McGregor's walkout song but short notice he couldn't make it. (another big name has been booked)
McGregor cashed a public assistance check for about $235 the week before his first UFC fight on April 6, 2013.
He's likely to see $100 million after Saturday night.
The gate has already passed 65 million with 72 being the record. (Paq-May)
There's still a few front row seats available at a bargain $121,000 us or last row for $1946.00 :facepalm:

FoxRod
08-25-2017, 02:37 PM
Money on Wayweather, and I dont think they want to cheapen Boxing any more than they already have with this WWE type event...jmo

Biz
08-25-2017, 08:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oXy51JvkFY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oXy51JvkFY

allicedout
08-25-2017, 09:43 PM
TMT for the win.....

Stephen06GT
08-27-2017, 01:18 PM
Well, what did you think? I wasn't surprised by the outcome, I just thought it would have happened a little sooner.

Hutch
08-27-2017, 05:13 PM
Turned out how I thought as well. McGregor is a good fighter in MMA but no way he would win against the best boxer. This was all about money anyways. Didn't matter who won. McGregor barely landed any good punches but came out of the gate strong.

5.4MarkVIII
08-27-2017, 07:33 PM
Yep. Dont watch boxing but I called pretty much the same.

IMO it shows that McGregor is the bigger man to step up and into a fight like this with so much less experience.
Too bad Mayweather would never have the balls to step into the octagon and try a fight on McGregor's turf.

hsousa88
08-27-2017, 08:05 PM

IMO it shows that McGregor is the bigger man to step up and into a fight like this with so much less experience.
Too bad Mayweather would never have the balls to step into the octagon and try a fight on McGregor's turf.

Mayweather would get destroyed... not even a fair fight.

allicedout
08-27-2017, 10:26 PM

Nothing to do with balls. You pick your own battles as McGregor did when he called Mayweather out to a "boxing" match. McGregor isn't a bigger man for stepping in the boxing ring........ He's a richer man to accept a losing battle that paid more then the UFC ever could.

Screw
08-28-2017, 08:34 PM
He was physically a bigger man , I give him credit for holding his own ...but glad Mayweather got the tko, if Mcgreggor decides to fight again the skillz he's picked up from the boxing training will def benefit him , question is after this windfall will he bother getting back in the ring ?