PDA

View Full Version : What have you done to your truck today?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Laffs
12-03-2018, 05:16 PM
RECALL DODGE RAM

So the 2015 truck has had it's share of recalls which I have taken it to the dealer to have addressed and came out feeling better for having it done. EXCEPT, the latest one. The "dial" gear indicator was to not in gauge into any gear if the drivers door was ajar OR open. Well let me say this.......it did for 3 years of owning this rig and now that it has been fixed, it's a pain in the royal ass. We all have backed up our trucks that inch with the door open (not now) close the fucking thing tight and then put dial back to park and start again. Today I had to move the snow covered truck in the driveway so I could get the tractor out, with windows frozen I coundn't put them down so had no choice but to clear the snow off so I could move 20' ahead.

Great design for safety but very frustrating. Don't get yours done or you will be pissed like me.

Mine only does this if your seat belt is off. So my work around for moving these trucks in the yard is this:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/g00AAOSwSzdXA3ex/s-l640.jpg

55 HD
12-03-2018, 05:38 PM
Mine only does this if your seat belt is off. So my work around for moving these trucks in the yard is this:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/g00AAOSwSzdXA3ex/s-l640.jpg

THANKS FOR THE TIP........I just went out to the truck and hooked the belt up and it was back to normal. Guess this is the way to get around it.

Laffs
12-03-2018, 05:42 PM
THANKS FOR THE TIP........I just went out to the truck and hooked the belt up and it was back to normal. Guess this is the way to get around it.

Not a problem, fwiw I bought the clip there for like $15 bucks or something (also a bottle opener) so I just leave it in the centro console in case I need to use it (for reversing, not for opening suds).

hsousa88
12-03-2018, 08:51 PM
That’s a cool lil clip, never seen it before. On first day of ownership.. I promptly unplugged the seatbelt sensor. I don’t need a computer to let me know.

Laffs
01-07-2019, 11:35 AM
Well this thread made me spend some money

Your Order #181200281
Placed on December 3, 2018 at 8:57:20 AM CST

Items Qty Price
Low Beam LED Headlight for 2016-2018 Dodge Ram (projector)

SKU: DD0218P

Bulb Model
SL1 (1630 lumens, Street Legal Output)
1 $150.00
9006 Anti-Flicker Module (pair)

SKU: DD3022

2 $60.00
Backup LEDs for 2013-2018 Dodge Ram (projector) (pair)

SKU: DD0116P

Color
Cool White
Bulb Model
XP80 (510 lumens)
1 $90.00
Fog Light LEDs for 2013-2018 Ram (Vertical) (pair)

SKU: DD0283P

Color
Cool White
Bulb Model
SLF (780 lumens, Street Legal Output)
1 $120.00
Subtotal $420.00
Shipping & Handling $32.29
Grand Total $452.29

Just had my status for this order change from "Fulfilling" to "Backorder" so IDFK when to expect these johnnies.....

Laffs
01-08-2019, 06:49 PM
Emailed Diode Dynamics, quickly responded and said they are just instituting new order status' on their backend and that I should still expect my lights to ship in 2 weeks.

hsousa88
01-08-2019, 08:00 PM
Emailed Diode Dynamics, quickly responded and said they are just instituting new order status' on their backend and that I should still expect my lights to ship in 2 weeks.

Haven’t pulled the trigger yet so interested to hear your feedback.. need to get new lights before the spring.

Nsty04SVT
01-08-2019, 08:06 PM
I got Ol Blue oil sprayed a couple weeks ago up at Eshine. She ran like a bag of shit though but will wait till spring time to see what's up, for now she's sleepin.

WidowrRacing
01-08-2019, 08:22 PM
Went to remove the hitch off my truck and my lock pin was f***ed.
The key would go in but wouldn’t unlock it.
Solution was a grinder (universal key) to cut the locking mechanism off.

I will be looking for a new stainless lock pin for replacement.

Laffs
01-08-2019, 08:39 PM
Haven’t pulled the trigger yet so interested to hear your feedback.. need to get new lights before the spring.

Plan on posting a review once I got em in my hands.

ZR
01-09-2019, 09:37 AM
Went to remove the hitch off my truck and my lock pin was f***ed.
The key would go in but wouldn’t unlock it.
Solution was a grinder (universal key) to cut the locking mechanism off.

I will be looking for a new stainless lock pin for replacement.

Seen great results absolutely filling my trailer / hitch locks with either Krown or Rust Check.

ChristenHoer
01-11-2019, 08:50 AM
I was looking to remove scratches from the bonnet. I tried a toothpaste trick but unfortunately, it didn't work.

ZR
01-11-2019, 08:57 AM
Impossible to beat a polisher, correct compound and a pair of talented hands.

5.4MarkVIII
01-12-2019, 12:37 PM
bought an SCT 4X tuner from a buddy.
all I can say is DAMN!

only thing Im not sure of is my truck (2018 f150 3.5EB lariat) has the 5 driving modes, (normal, tow, snow. eco and Sport) does the tuner program render these moot? or is it still beneficial to utilize the different modes depending on drive?

Darkhorse
01-13-2019, 02:40 PM
bought an SCT 4X tuner from a buddy.
all I can saw is DAMN!

only thing Im not sure of is my truck (2018 f150 3.5EB lariat) has the 5 driving modes, (normal, tow, snow. eco and Sport) does the tuner program render these moot? or is it still beneficial to utilize the different modes depending on drive?

Depends what the tuner did........they can be tuned out......but normally they are still active.

Ziggyzag420
01-13-2019, 10:50 PM
I have an SCT X4 on my 18 f150 eco as well and the driving modes are still active

5.4MarkVIII
01-14-2019, 09:03 PM
Awesome. Thanks.

Snaketamer
01-15-2019, 11:33 AM
Dropped off my '14 FX4 at the dealer this morning. The rear window defroster stopped working so, they ordered a new rear glass/sliding window for installation.
While waiting for it to be shipped to the dealer another issue reared it's ugly head..lol One morning while sitting in the driveway, the truck was warming up. I hear a loud bang. I'm like...wtf? Thought maybe it was the running board contracting cus it was a cold morning. Later that day, while shovelling the drive, I look down and find a piece of the front passenger side coil spring. Sure enough, I take a look up under the truck and the suspension has dropped about an inch and a half. Wow...my truck has 49k pampered kilometers. When I call the dealer, first thing he says is... 'oh, you have a plow on that, eh!' LOL NO! :facepalm:
So, all is covered under the ESP. Guess the heat treatment was shiat on the spring...

WidowrRacing
01-15-2019, 01:53 PM
That’s not good regarding the spring.....I thought you were going to post the rear window exploded like mine did last year.
Tons of threads about that happening and Ford doing 0. Think it cost me $7-800.

Hope Ford swaps both front springs for you and doesn’t cheap out!

Snaketamer
01-15-2019, 02:34 PM
Yeah...I had that discussion with the dealer....couldn't talk them into changing both unless they find signs of damage.

That’s not good regarding the spring.....I thought you were going to post the rear window exploded like mine did last year.
Tons of threads about that happening and Ford doing 0. Think it cost me $7-800.

Hope Ford swaps both front springs for you and doesn’t cheap out!

ZR
01-15-2019, 03:49 PM
^ Ridiculous.

Screw
01-15-2019, 11:14 PM
Dropped off my '14 FX4 at the dealer this morning. The rear window defroster stopped working so, they ordered a new rear glass/sliding window for installation.
While waiting for it to be shipped to the dealer another issue reared it's ugly head..lol One morning while sitting in the driveway, the truck was warming up. I hear a loud bang. I'm like...wtf? Thought maybe it was the running board contracting cus it was a cold morning. Later that day, while shovelling the drive, I look down and find a piece of the front passenger side coil spring. Sure enough, I take a look up under the truck and the suspension has dropped about an inch and a half. Wow...my truck has 49k pampered kilometers. When I call the dealer, first thing he says is... 'oh, you have a plow on that, eh!' LOL NO! :facepalm:
So, all is covered under the ESP. Guess the heat treatment was shiat on the spring...

Remember Ford rep telling me your tires are cracking because it sits too much , when the rotors went prematurely they said I drive it too hard ..,within a month of each other

Darkhorse
01-16-2019, 08:13 AM

wow. anything to do with the weather temps going super low? I knew a guy that said on Japanese trucks, the hub bearings would make noise in anything -20 or lower because it wasn't actually tested to extreme temps. I know Ford should be testing these things in extreme temps, but maybe the supplier of the coil spring didn't. That's craziness!

Shouldn't have to pamper your truck.....period.

Old Fart
01-16-2019, 12:31 PM
^^^shouldn't be...all the trucks up here would break down!!

Snaketamer
01-17-2019, 12:22 PM
Got my truck back yesterday....The dealer changed one spring. I couldn't talk them into doing both. Said they measured height and was same as driver side. New rear window and slider was also installed. Nice to have rear defrost again.
I noticed a slight sound coming from the front of the engine. They checked it out and ordered a new belt tensioner along with water pump....so back to the dealer in a couple weeks.

hsousa88
01-17-2019, 12:58 PM
You would think with the money these trucks cost nowadays there would be a lil more quality control.. nope. My ram seems to get a new squeak or rattle every week. Starting to drive me nuts.. it’s 6 yrs old with 70k km’s.

True Blue
01-17-2019, 01:04 PM
^^^ Time for a louder exhaust :)

hsousa88
01-17-2019, 01:08 PM
^^^ Time for a louder exhaust :)

1/2 loud vehicles is enough for me

ZR
01-17-2019, 04:48 PM
^ Old peeps.
LOL

hsousa88
01-17-2019, 06:12 PM
^ Old peeps.
LOL

Hey my boat is loud.

ZR
01-18-2019, 08:13 AM
Got my truck back yesterday....The dealer changed one spring. I couldn't talk them into doing both. Said they measured height and was same as driver side. New rear window and slider was also installed. Nice to have rear defrost again.
I noticed a slight sound coming from the front of the engine. They checked it out and ordered a new belt tensioner along with water pump....so back to the dealer in a couple weeks.

What always slays me about warranty work, if the truck was out of warranty n you took in with a broken spring, they'd have outright refused to just install one. Sadly, dealer can only repair as per what the mfg will pay them for. Good to hear your fixed up though.

Snaketamer
01-18-2019, 01:34 PM
What always slays me about warranty work, if the truck was out of warranty n you took in with a broken spring, they'd have outright refused to just install one. Sadly, dealer can only repair as per what the mfg will pay them for. Good to hear your fixed up though.

Exactly, Rick...you know they'ed be saying I should change the front shocks also. oh well...it is, what it is...

ZR
01-18-2019, 06:03 PM
Your mobile and it sits level again, life is good brother.

Chinga
01-24-2019, 03:40 PM
Got my truck back yesterday....The dealer changed one spring. I couldn't talk them into doing both. Said they measured height and was same as driver side.

That is horrible and I would have made a huge deal about it with the Stealership. I had my 2017 F150 FX4 making some weird metal on metal sound in the front end with only 9,000 kms on it. Took it to the dealer for service (LOF) and told them about the noise. They called later that afternoon saying they could not duplicate the noise but I could come and pick it up. Service Advisor tells me they drove it but they had not driven it at all. I had noted the mileage when dropped off and when I picked it up it had an additional .2kms on it. Told him someone was FOS and the service invoice showed they drove it 5km.

I left pissed off. A week later the same noise reared its ugly head again. Went to the F150 forums and found the issue with several videos of it. It turns out that Ford in their antiquated ways uses a vacuum system for the 4x4 system. The check valve fails and the system tries to engage the system causing the horrible metal on metal sounds. Dealers had been changing hubs and an assortment of front end parts when it was all caused by a $15.00 check valve. After finding this out I took a copy of the forum thread along with the You Tube link and presented to the Service Department. I was told "We do not replace parts based on the internet" After some civil back and forth the Advisor who was losing the conversation struck a nerve and my reply back to him was something suited for an "R" rated movie.

Not wanting to get green and angry I walked away to get the "Big Gun" (The wife) to speak to the Service Manager where she relayed the details of our first visit and presented my recent internet findings. After reviewing the materials and providing an apology on behalf of the Dealer he agreed to swap out the $15.00 part. Picked up the truck later that day and had no issues afterwards. I feel I saved Ford some $ and face as they could now diagnose and fix incoming F150's with the same issue.

hammerhead
01-24-2019, 04:27 PM
^^^^lmao where would we be without the big gun...lol - I'm pretty sure I know where I would be!

ZR
01-24-2019, 05:18 PM
Another board member is going nutz with his making what he describes as the same kinda noise. It's had a boat load of parts replaced so far, no love yet, still doing it.

SVOMACH1
01-24-2019, 06:21 PM
That is horrible and I would have made a huge deal about it with the Stealership. I had my 2017 F150 FX4 making some weird metal on metal sound in the front end with only 9,000 kms on it. Took it to the dealer for service (LOF) and told them about the noise. They called later that afternoon saying they could not duplicate the noise but I could come and pick it up. Service Advisor tells me they drove it but they had not driven it at all. I had noted the mileage when dropped off and when I picked it up it had an additional .2kms on it. Told him someone was FOS and the service invoice showed they drove it 5km.

I left pissed off. A week later the same noise reared its ugly head again. Went to the F150 forums and found the issue with several videos of it. It turns out that Ford in their antiquated ways uses a vacuum system for the 4x4 system. The check valve fails and the system tries to engage the system causing the horrible metal on metal sounds. Dealers had been changing hubs and an assortment of front end parts when it was all caused by a $15.00 check valve. After finding this out I took a copy of the forum thread along with the You Tube link and presented to the Service Department. I was told "We do not replace parts based on the internet" After some civil back and forth the Advisor who was losing the conversation struck a nerve and my reply back to him was something suited for an "R" rated movie.

Not wanting to get green and angry I walked away to get the "Big Gun" (The wife) to speak to the Service Manager where she relayed the details of our first visit and presented my recent internet findings. After reviewing the materials and providing an apology on behalf of the Dealer he agreed to swap out the $15.00 part. Picked up the truck later that day and had no issues afterwards. I feel I saved Ford some $ and face as they could now diagnose and fix incoming F150's with the same issue.

What part did they swap? My truck has been doing this for 17 months now and is currently at Ford for a week to try to figure out what the problem is.

SVOMACH1
01-24-2019, 06:40 PM
Never mind, already had that part replaced 3 times. Next step is to get rid of it and buy a competitors product.

Laffs
03-01-2019, 09:27 PM
Well my Diode Dynamics LED bulbs finally arrive last week. Pulled the truck in to the shop today to swap the headlights, fogs light, and reverse lights.

First thoughts are the Diode Dynamics lights are packaged super well, looks sturdy, and build quality appears top notch.

Second thoughts, DO NOT FUCKING DO THIS IN THE WINTER UNLESS YOUR GARAGE IS FRIGGIN HEATED AND YOUR TRUCK IS IN THERE FOR A HOT MINUTE. I snapped a couple tabs from being so brittle in the cold one on my grille, one on the headlight and one on the taillight. Everything still bolted up solid and I'm sure the replacement hardware from the dealer will only be mildly rape-y.

Disassembly for a Ram is straightforward. There's 1 million minus 1 videos on Youtube, only thing I will say in addition to do this when its warm is the headlight wiring tabs are weird and I needed a flathead to pry them to get them to pop. Either way, getting headlights, fog lights, and reverse lights was about an hour total, including have to remove my tailgate assist to get at my taillight screws.

Results. First things first the actual colour and appearance of the bulbs is 1000x times better than stock. My stocks look like yellow 1930s street lamps. Cut off for the headlights are very sharp, doesn't seem to throw glare or be a go fuck yourself get blinded light.

Overall I'll say this is worth the $500 price of admission if for no other reason it makes my trucks lights look actually modern, not like a 1993 D150. Caveat, I have only tested this in my driveway near my garage, I plan on driving the truck tomorrow night so I'll have real world testing to report then and say if it's somehow worse than stock. In the interim, here's some shitty photos!

Laffs
03-03-2019, 12:39 PM
Ya these have a significant advantage over stock. Decided to visit a buddy last night who lives on what is basically the darkest street I've ever experienced. Usually I have to slow roll the whole block with the windows down to see which house is his. With these lights I had no issues spotting the house number rock on his house (didn't even know he had this) even with the stupidly dark tinted windows up.

Yea this is not exactly empirical evidence but I do feel like these were a solid buy and improvement over the stock halogen.

Laffs
03-07-2019, 11:30 AM
Converted my load lights and plate lights to LED with some Canbus LED's off amazon. Pretty much all my bulbs are now LED. Now to fight off the mod urge on this truck, keep looking at exhaust and intake kits, which would go great with a lift and wheels, which would go great wi...............dammit Chris pull it together.....

RedSN
03-07-2019, 02:18 PM
just keep repeating the mantra: "don't...modify...the daily...driver"

SVOMACH1
03-26-2019, 06:07 PM

Finally got the new wheels on the truck. I wanted a bit more sidewall than the stock 20s offered so went down to 17s.

Laffs
03-26-2019, 08:44 PM
OEM Raptors? Looks good.

SVOMACH1
03-26-2019, 08:53 PM
OEM Raptors? Looks good.

Correct. New take off wheels and tires from a 2018 Raptor. May still put a bit more of a lift in it but not sure.

Laffs
03-26-2019, 08:59 PM
Correct. New take off wheels and tires from a 2018 Raptor. May still put a bit more of a lift in it but not sure.

Gap looks proper for that wheel and tire setup. Wouldn't change a thing IMO.

RedSN
03-26-2019, 10:33 PM
Topper makes it look like an Excursion. :thumbsup:

Agreed, truck tires should have some sidewall. Even some bulge.

ZR
03-27-2019, 06:43 AM
Those look fas tas tic. Notice much difference in ride?

SVOMACH1
03-27-2019, 07:53 AM
I can’t really tell a difference.

ZR
03-27-2019, 08:15 AM
Why, is it a secret??
LOL
Look killer

Old Fart
03-28-2019, 04:51 PM
Damn...was checking fluids on the Ram today and noticed the cap was missing from the brake fluid reservoir. Looked around and found it beside the battery. The only time the brake system was worked on is when I brought it to a repair shop for a brake line replacement on January 9th. Since brake fluid is hygroscopic, does that mean that I have to get the fluid changed?

ZR
03-28-2019, 07:57 PM
Yes it most certainly does, pronto.

Old Fart
03-28-2019, 10:01 PM
Thanks Rick...that's what I thought.

Old Fart
04-02-2019, 03:50 PM
The repair shop changed the brake fluid at no charge. Brought it in at 8 am and done by the time I came back from breakfast.Thanks again Rick for your thoughts on this.

ZR
04-02-2019, 07:09 PM
Good to hear the fix was just that easy.

R3troGT
04-06-2019, 02:55 PM
I ordered some Fuel Beast Wheels for the RAM today.

https://i.imgur.com/tX7a6Je.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/XPwfY32.png

newbiestangowner
04-06-2019, 03:03 PM

Wow!!! I really like those, great choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ponyryd
04-06-2019, 03:37 PM

Nice looking wheel but I hope the top pic is not your actual wheel, the new 19 Rams are 6 lug :)

R3troGT
04-06-2019, 05:32 PM
Nice looking wheel but I hope the top pic is not your actual wheel, the new 19 Rams are 6 lug :)6 lug was ordered [emoji3]

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

hsousa88
04-12-2019, 03:33 PM
Any of you guys try Cooper EVOLUTION H/T tires? Looking for a quite tire as I do lots of highway driving in the summer months.

https://wl.tireconnect.ca/uploads/tires/pre_up/Cooper/images/co_evolution_ht_l.jpg

5.4MarkVIII
04-12-2019, 07:19 PM
Never tried their truck tires but I think cooper is a good brand. Had them on our Volvo and it was a good mileage low noise.

ZR
04-12-2019, 09:31 PM
To me, looks like a solid choice for your intended use.

Any of you guys try Cooper EVOLUTION H/T tires? Looking for a quite tire as I do lots of highway driving in the summer months.

https://wl.tireconnect.ca/uploads/tires/pre_up/Cooper/images/co_evolution_ht_l.jpg

CleopatraWampler
05-25-2019, 07:54 AM
Just did interior detailing of my truck and now looking to buy a good ELD ( https://bestelddevices.com/best-eld-guide/ ) for my truck. For sure, it would be DOT approved one. Yes, I am going to use it for commercial purpose. But before installing elog, I am also going to add my rugs in it. I also have a plan to get exterior detailing service from a good service provider.

RedSN
06-03-2019, 08:55 AM
Rented a U-haul trailer this weekend and brought an old friend home.

https://photos.smugmug.com/16-Frontier-1/i-tmtk5Jj/0/7149096c/L/E7C10C49-D223-4FF0-8ADD-B0478DEEDD8A-L.jpg

The Frontier will tow a loaded car trailer, but it's probably right at it's limit. Should of had a higher ball mount in the receiver as mine was a bit low for this u-haul trailer.

Screw
06-03-2019, 09:32 AM
Nice looking truck Don

5.4MarkVIII
06-08-2019, 06:28 AM
im suppressed u haul didn't give you any grief. any time ive used them they are anal about what your towing and what your towing it with.

RedSN
06-08-2019, 03:11 PM
Online rental, they will only rent the trailer if it all checks out, better because the Frontier brochure cover shows it hauling a car. U-Haul rental at Markham and Finch in Scarborough were great, very easy pickup and drop-off.

https://photos.smugmug.com/16-Frontier-1/i-Gjm3HMF/0/dc825a19/M/9C254366-1FEF-476B-B245-92F3D6B1DBD6-M.jpg

Laffs
06-18-2019, 02:57 PM
Duratracs.

Ponyryd
06-18-2019, 10:59 PM
Humnahumnahumnahumna.....

Laffs
06-18-2019, 11:24 PM
Humnahumnahumnahumna.....

They aint that loud. Sheesh. Also couldn't beat the deal, guy just put em on his truck a month ago then decided to trade it in on a diesel. Swapped for my 30k stocks and a little cash.

Ponyryd
06-18-2019, 11:34 PM
Good call, yea they aren’t too loud until they get a year old or 15k or so on them, just keep up on the rotations and you should be fine.

hsousa88
06-19-2019, 06:47 AM
My duratracs were extremely loud after 10k or so.. vibrations started at around 20k

Felt like a new truck when I put the Falkens on.

ZR
06-19-2019, 06:47 AM
^ Your results are typical.

Laffs
06-19-2019, 08:32 AM
For a few hundred bucks for new tires I'll shake em and roll em on this one. If they get bad after a year I'll swap em for some BFGs or Wildpeaks.

Laffs
06-20-2019, 03:42 PM
Airlift 57365

ZR
06-20-2019, 06:37 PM
Did you read the mixed reviews regarding complaints about internal bump stops (or am I thinking another brand??).

ZR
06-20-2019, 06:38 PM
Air Lift 1000 on my own truck, leaking like a fawker at under 2yrs old. Same results two others I know with them.

Laffs
06-20-2019, 07:08 PM
These are the 5000 series bags. So they are the heavy duty kind with push lock air connectors and big beefy steel mounts. Not the inside the spring style bag. Had no luck with that style.

Laffs
06-20-2019, 07:28 PM
Also on the internal bump stop/factory jounce bumper removal. I think a lot folks misunderstand the "5psi minimum" in the instructions. If you go a bit further it explains that unladen you can go 0psi, 5psi is the minimum loaded pressure. 5psi in these raised the back of my truck 1", would surely ride stiffer as a result.

(EDIT)

Load Lifter 5000 Utlimates have an internal bump stop (like a timbren) these are just the standard 5000's so assuming should ride like nothings there when no psi in bags.

ZR
06-20-2019, 10:43 PM
Good to know.
Will likely opt for the 1000HD on my next go round.

Old Fart
06-21-2019, 10:28 AM
Just installed the 1000HD's on my brother's RAM.

hammerhead
09-30-2019, 09:40 AM

new boards - yesterday

and some carnauba

Laffs
10-03-2019, 04:09 PM
Just had coils/plugs done on our 1999 V10 Super Duty. Originals lasted 20 years and 100,000kms of pure abuse. Pretty decent I guess

Laffs
10-28-2019, 09:44 AM
Just had coils/plugs done on our 1999 V10 Super Duty. Originals lasted 20 years and 100,000kms of pure abuse. Pretty decent I guess

This change has netted a 3L/100km increase in fuel economy. The cost to perform the service should be offset in fuel savings after 5 months.

CDNfyrfytr
11-01-2019, 05:24 PM
Put the I-Pikes on today. A bit early for Niagara, but I’d rather do it and not need them then wait and get screwed doing it in the cold or rain.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191101/d995f397c54e7f8480dbd7551312d520.jpg

WidowrRacing
11-02-2019, 04:11 AM
I sold my 2012 FX4.
Buyer said it’s headed to Michigan so I only had to remove the plates, sign the ownership and cash the bank draft.
(No cert, Carfax, sellers package etc).
Super easy transaction.

ZR
11-02-2019, 07:46 AM
Not surprised, as hot as the truck market is here, pales in comparison to demand across the border.

Old Fart
11-06-2019, 08:56 PM
My plow truck decided to piss oil everywhere. Of course this could not have happened in milder temperatures! Noticed the bolts were loose when I came to repair. Could have just tightened them but I already had the gaskets. Relieved it was only a $5 part compared to another truck!

https://i.postimg.cc/vHBxNQ2L/IMG-1327.jpg

Old Fart
11-06-2019, 10:23 PM
Good thing I didn't just tighten the bolts. It lasted 26 years!

https://i.postimg.cc/Qdtfq9TQ/IMG-1332.jpg

ZR
11-06-2019, 11:04 PM
Good catch

Laffs
11-06-2019, 11:23 PM
Just drug out the block heater timer and plugged mine in for the first time this year. F these temperatures.

Also taking bets on if I attempt to drive off with it plugged in tmra...

RedSN
11-08-2019, 02:39 PM
How many beers are we having tonight? Could influence what bet I take.

edit: just noticed the date. So what was it? Drove away with it plugged in? Or remembered to unplug it?

Laffs
11-09-2019, 01:08 AM
I'd like to plead the fifth...

Intmdtr
11-09-2019, 08:53 AM
Just drug out the block heater timer and plugged mine in for the first time this year. F these temperatures.

I always wrap the extension cord around my side mirror, then I don’t forget...lol

ZR
11-09-2019, 08:59 AM
In my years of driving diesel in an effort to never forget, also looped it up n over the drivers side mirror to avoid an embarrassing moment.

RedSN
11-09-2019, 10:51 AM
They should make a magnetic plug like on the Apple laptops.

SVOMACH1
11-13-2019, 12:38 PM
18644 Back Rack installed. Plow light goes on tonight.

Laffs
11-13-2019, 03:24 PM
Leveling kit up front or Timbrens?

SVOMACH1
11-13-2019, 05:13 PM
Ready Lift 1.5” leveling kit.

SVOMACH1
11-13-2019, 05:18 PM
Front is a little bit higher than the back right now because I have approximately 700 pounds of sandbags in the back.

Armen
11-13-2019, 05:58 PM
Did you trade in your new PPII for this truck?

SVOMACH1
11-13-2019, 06:08 PM
Yes. It might still be at Heritage. Also traded the RS for another Bullitt. Wifey missed the Bullitt so I got her one for her birthday. I’m sticking with the 2005.

ZR
11-26-2019, 06:51 PM
Ram got some much needed love, fresh fill of syn oil n new filter plus finally installed the bolt on rear flaps to better protect lower rear edge of the box plus keep snow from piling up on the backside of the bumper. Once done, followed up with a major splish splash, clay bared then polished n hand rubbed coat of wax.

Blackmare
11-26-2019, 08:45 PM
Looks great!

ZR
11-27-2019, 12:53 AM
Well thank you Scott.
Funny how it looks straight black in the pics, in person you can see it's black pearl.

baddbullitt
11-27-2019, 07:13 PM
Drove it to Red Deer....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SVOMACH1
12-22-2019, 04:36 PM
Had some front inner fender liners installed on the Super Duty today. Have been using these since 2013 and they work awesome. Greatly reduces engine compartment corrosion due to salt and mud spray. Designed and patented by a local Ford Master Technician.

hammerhead
12-22-2019, 06:25 PM
Had some front inner fender liners installed on the Super Duty today. Have been using these since 2013 and they work awesome. Greatly reduces engine compartment corrosion due to salt and mud spray. Designed and patented by a local Ford Master Technician.

off and on been thinking of the same thing, just haven't had the time, nice job and think it's an area that needs to be addressed considering the shit the gov puts on the road now!

ZR
12-22-2019, 07:54 PM
Kind of ridiculous how so many trucks don't come standard with front and rear inner wheel well splash shields in place.

ZR
12-22-2019, 07:55 PM
For anyone interested / considering flaps like these, doing a bang up job of keeping snow from piling up on the backside of the bumper n freezing solid.
http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18764&stc=1&d=1574808627

hammerhead
12-22-2019, 08:01 PM
seen a lot of modern bumpers (steel) rust out from the inside - Cause nobody see's the inside - been thinking of that too!

RedSN
12-26-2019, 06:45 PM
Kinda breaks my “do not mod the DD” rule but these have been sitting on my parts shelf for a long long time.
Replaced the OEM 6”x9” front door speakers with a pair of Infiniti Reference Series 3-way speakers.

https://photos.smugmug.com/16-Frontier-1/i-tQ34shq/0/0e8652cc/M/CD38AAC6-3C6F-4437-AB62-3D5A67AB333E-M.jpg

Popped the door panels off and hooked them up. Nice upgrade even tho still running off the OEM head unit.

https://photos.smugmug.com/16-Frontier-1/i-WpNqqnv/0/a3409a82/M/25D5D65E-1A3D-4449-B4FB-9DC1F50AE630-M.jpg

ZR
12-26-2019, 06:58 PM
Sound better vs stockers Don?

RedSN
12-26-2019, 08:57 PM
Definitely more bass response, and the tweeters on the 3-ways are way more crisp than the dash mounted tweeters. But it still needs a sub ;)
....which I also have sitting on the parts shelf LOL

ZR
12-26-2019, 09:21 PM
Nice.

hsousa88
12-27-2019, 11:06 PM
Funny.. I was just looking at a set of brand new cheapo pioneers that have been in my garage for years. Think I’ll hook them up to the truck. The base ram speakers are brutal.

hsousa88
02-21-2020, 05:50 PM
Yup I did it.. just received my cheapo led headlights from amazon. Yes they are going in my stock housing. Yes I’m that guy. I can’t take it anymore, absolutely brutal headlights on my ram.

Zutz2v
02-21-2020, 10:56 PM
Definitely more bass response, and the tweeters on the 3-ways are way more crisp than the dash mounted tweeters. But it still needs a sub ;)
....which I also have sitting on the parts shelf LOL

I’m getting the feeling your a stereo guy and I need help and a lot of it

RedSN
02-22-2020, 07:52 PM
Me? No! LOL.
I’m struggling through a sub project right now.
Hopefully post up some pics soon when it’s done. Certainly a learning experience.

hsousa88
03-01-2020, 02:34 PM
LED update: they work, they’re bright and they don’t blind oncoming traffic

ZR
03-01-2020, 03:05 PM
Got a pic Hugo?

hsousa88
03-01-2020, 04:16 PM
Got a pic Hugo?

I’ll try and get a beam pattern pic tonight.. I went with these www.ledeagle.ca

hsousa88
03-01-2020, 08:13 PM
Best I could do in the city.. I’m happy with them, only time will tell now.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200302/2cfbf765efc62f7ce31ad478b97ff1d4.jpg

RedSN
03-22-2020, 04:51 PM
Finally wrapped up my sub install on the truck

https://photos.smugmug.com/16-Frontier-1/i-WWX2dcQ/0/0f1cfdb9/XL/56C489BC-8443-4CFB-9A64-7BD2CF791E69-XL.jpg

Done on the cheap. Amp and sub where sitting on the shelf (from when I thought I would put a system in my old Mazda truck).
Took the system out of the Mustang and salvaged the wiring.
Built the box out of plywood left over from the basement reno.
Bought some carpet and a few wiring connectors. All in, probably $50 out of pocket.

Took WAY longer than I thought. Building the box didn’t take too long, but wiring took me a ridiculous amount of time. Thankfully got everything wired up correctly the first time and didn’t have to trouble shoot anything. And carpeting a box is definitely an art, I need way more practise. Came out okay, but not perfect.

Special thanks to SlipperyVic who pointed me in the right direction and gave me some very helpful advice, because I knew almost nothing about this stuff when I started out this project.

Sounds great! Just what I wanted. This system won’t blow the doors off the truck, it just sounds good (to me at least).

Old Fart
03-22-2020, 05:07 PM
Nicely done! Looks factory!

SlipperyVic
03-22-2020, 08:34 PM
That looks great. Very well done.

Snaketamer
04-11-2020, 11:39 AM
Had my 2014 Lariat FX4 in the dealership last year to repair the rear window defroster. They ended up having to replace the rear sliding window assembly under warranty. Went out this morning and tried to use the defrost and it's taken a dump again! Shiat...hopefully, they won't have to replace it again even though it's still under warranty. Pain in the butt to get things done right now. :mad:
I can see why Ford went with a new design on the rear window assembly.

ZR
04-11-2020, 02:33 PM
^ common problem??

Snaketamer
04-11-2020, 03:39 PM
^ common problem??

After looking around the intewebz... seems to be a common problem. Sure is for me...lol

ZR
04-11-2020, 06:03 PM
That bites, hope they get you fixed up.

Old Fart
09-03-2020, 11:54 PM
I had an annoying exhaust leak on the truck for the past few months and decided to fix it. My initial finding was a hole at the top of a heat shield on the driver's side Y pipe. Then I noticed that the flange at the exhaust manifold was loose and allowing the exhaust pipe about 1/8 of travel. So I tightened the flange...and it did tighten, but then got loose again. The flange had rusted and the tightening destroyed it, lol. Too bad, because the pipe at the exhaust manifold was still in pretty good shape.

https://i.postimg.cc/XqF8sRDX/IMG-0577.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/wvn2cq2S/IMG-0578.jpg

Since the Y pipe and catalytic converters on the 05 Ram are one piece, it appeared that I would need to spend many $$$ top replace. But a little searching and I found that Walker's replacement was in 2 pieces. So I just ordered the driver's side piece, cut the existing Y pipe and voila...problem solved. So nice to not hear an exhaust leak.

https://i.postimg.cc/VsZvgKxB/52490-ra-p.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/BbzvvvTw/vsd.png

ZR
09-04-2020, 12:25 AM
Nice fix Mike.

RedSN
09-27-2020, 03:53 PM
New EBC greens on the front. Got pads for the rears, but OEMs still had some life left in them. So just freshened up the rotors, cleaned the pins, and fresh lube.
Been using a lot more brakes now that I’m commuting in Brampton.

hammerhead
09-28-2020, 11:01 AM
New EBC greens on the front. Got pads for the rears, but OEMs still had some life left in them. So just freshened up the rotors, cleaned the pins, and fresh lube.

lol "commuting in Brampton" you gotta watch your ass here

Snaketamer
10-03-2020, 04:48 PM
Off came the F150's summer tires and on went the winters. My back is stiff... lol Oh...also put the wife's snows on her car.
Hope I didn't jinx us.

On a side note...really liking the Maximum air compressor/tool kit I picked up a couple months ago. Works like a charm.

True Blue
10-03-2020, 11:22 PM

I hope you have a dash cam!

RedSN
10-04-2020, 06:15 PM
I hope you have a dash cam!
Front and back!

2-channel BlackVue.

Stephen06GT
10-24-2020, 06:42 PM
Before https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201024/dfd00933e065d5cd247a155201cc09cd.jpg

Stephen06GT
10-24-2020, 06:43 PM
After https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201024/edb868012f20b4ff632155dfcc17a5c9.jpg

Snaketamer
11-05-2020, 06:06 PM
Gorgeous day today...so, gave the truck an oil and filter change. Maybe the last one for this truck.

ZR
11-05-2020, 06:12 PM
^ New truck in the works?

Snaketamer
11-05-2020, 08:04 PM
^ New truck in the works?

Was last month...until I couldn't find what I was looking for.(Lariat w/o moon roof or nav) There was nothing out there.... and I didn't want a black truck. So...it'll have to wait until next spring...:frown-new:

ZR
11-06-2020, 08:36 AM
Not much stock sitting on lots these days. Same goes for dealers selling ATV's, boats, bikes etc.

Armen
11-06-2020, 08:57 AM
Was last month...until I couldn't find what I was looking for.(Lariat w/o moon roof or nav) There was nothing out there.... and I didn't want a black truck. So...it'll have to wait until next spring...:frown-new:

The only way you can get a Lariat without navigation is with the base 501a. But most dealers will stock 502a as it comes with the LED lights, heated steering wheel, NAV, etc.

Snaketamer
11-06-2020, 11:33 AM
The only way you can get a Lariat without navigation is with the base 501a. But most dealers will stock 502a as it comes with the LED lights, heated steering wheel, NAV, etc.

Oh..I know. Just living in Northern Ontario, nav is as useless as tits on a boar and no way on the $1800 moon roof which would rarely get used.

Armen
11-06-2020, 04:32 PM
Oh..I know. Just living in Northern Ontario, nav is as useless as tits on a boar and no way on the $1800 moon roof which would rarely get used.

The roof I understand. I probably wouldn’t have got it but the truck was perfect otherwise. That 502a package is worth it just for the glorious heated steering wheel and LED headlights. The stock halogen lights on F150’s suck by comparison.

ZR
11-06-2020, 04:35 PM
When searching for my current Ram, had a hell of a time finding a jammed Laramie that didn't have a roof.

Snaketamer
11-06-2020, 05:56 PM
The stock halogen lights on F150’s suck by comparison.

Halogen's would suck donkey balls!! lol Specially since my FX4 has HID's

Mellow Yellow
11-07-2020, 12:36 AM

My dealer indicated the Lariat will only be available in the 2021 model. They are still making the XLT in 2020 model.

Das 5.0
11-07-2020, 10:56 AM
Just had mine ceramic coated..... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stephen06GT
11-07-2020, 04:01 PM
Tonneau cover, and inner fender liners are now installed. Thanks to ZR and Zippy. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201107/bc76555e8960a8ed7e452e8d9afb2c1c.jpg

Stephen06GT
11-07-2020, 04:01 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201107/ac82b4e541ec66c1400a9110499c5573.jpg

WidowrRacing
11-08-2020, 09:46 AM
What brand of cover? I’m also in the market for one.

Stephen06GT
11-08-2020, 10:57 AM
What brand of cover? I’m also in the market for one.

Undercover Flex.

ZR
11-25-2020, 11:37 PM
Had the Ram sprayed with Corrosion Free today.
Tried a new spot for the application as previous vendor did a poor initial job. Going to crack the creeper and a flashlight out tomorrow and check to see if they hit all the nooks n cranny's.

https://corrosionfree.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/corrosion-free-logo.png

Stephen06GT
01-09-2021, 03:45 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210109/7abfa06f175fcafabfa3ae76a863b223.jpg
Added some centre caps to the winter boots.

Mellow Yellow
01-09-2021, 04:13 PM
Just a heads up if you leave your vehicle outside like I do with my truck, pictured.

Just spent $400 to get the wiring repaired on the #5 & #6 injectors. The truck was stumbling and the check engine light came on.
The first sign of what was wrong was the walnut neatly placed between the injectors. Squirrels had chewed through the wires. Ford uses soy based formulas for the wiring....squirrels (rodents) love it.

Got a product called Tom Cat to try and keep them away. For the record the wind blew the stuff in my mouth IT TASTES LIKE SHIT!!

RedSN
01-09-2021, 06:39 PM
https://www.wheels.ca/news/rodent-damage/

Ford of Canada states that it does not utilize soy-based wire insulation in its vehicles

But I do know squirrels like Christmas light wiring....

https://photos.smugmug.com/TMC/i-QdbJwv8/0/3959b0fd/M/1720C527-A2C3-4EF0-B6B3-CE4DFFFF7B05-M.jpg
https://photos.smugmug.com/TMC/i-mTvcfmX/0/dcb062e4/S/54BD7090-F9E0-4406-9698-A71A405BE7B6-S.jpg
...they like red and yello lights best

Mellow Yellow
01-10-2021, 01:17 AM
https://www.wheels.ca/news/rodent-damage/

But I do know squirrels like Christmas light wiring....

https://photos.smugmug.com/TMC/i-QdbJwv8/0/3959b0fd/M/1720C527-A2C3-4EF0-B6B3-CE4DFFFF7B05-M.jpg[/
[IMG]https://photos.smugmug.com/TMC/i-mTvcfmX/0/dcb062e4/S/54BD7090-F9E0-4406-9698-A71A405BE7B6-S.jpg
...they like red and yello lights best

Just going off what the dealer told me.
They have numerous customers with the same issue.

Mellow Yellow
01-10-2021, 01:27 AM
https://www.howtopreventratsfromeatingcarwires.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/2016-Ford-Cook-Book.pdf

This is the Ford produced book that outlines the organic material in cars.
The F150 may not have soy in the wiring but they do use organic material in the wiring.

They are using barley and rice!

The pages list what is used in each vehicle plus it is also a cook book.

Old Fart
01-10-2021, 11:09 AM
The pages list what is used in each vehicle plus it is also a cook book.

I was expecting the cook book to use vehicle parts lol!

WidowrRacing
01-10-2021, 01:33 PM
I ordered an AEM Dryflow air filter for the Ram 1500 off Amazon to use a Xmas gift card and received a K&N for a GMC!?!
Size them just to compare and the GM filter is slightly smaller wouldn’t work. Verified the K&N part number for the Ram and it’s different than the filter received.
Interested to see how Amazon corrects this for me as this is the first time something like this has happened.

Snaketamer
01-19-2021, 11:43 AM
Made an appointment with the dealership. My Lariat is losing coolant. Looks like it could be upper rad hose 'O'rings... We'll see.

Stephen06GT
04-10-2021, 06:06 PM
Put the summer boots on BuRT.

ZR
04-10-2021, 07:42 PM
That looks better, enjoy.

Stephen06GT
04-13-2021, 10:56 AM
The computers are down at work so I just went outside to check the torque on the lug nuts. All are good.

dbovine
04-13-2021, 11:20 AM
I am torn, I wish the computers were down for me at work but then I would have to fix them...

ZR
04-13-2021, 05:55 PM
New set of OE pads + drilled n slotted rotors on the back of the Ram today. In spite of 40%+ pad life remaining, friction surface on one of the original pads peeled off today. Thankful it didn't happen Sat when we had the trailer hooked on.

Zippy
04-13-2021, 05:59 PM

Stephen06GT
05-29-2021, 04:39 PM
De-badged and de-stickered BuRT today.

Before

After

ZR
05-29-2021, 07:00 PM
Diggin it.

Stephen06GT
06-11-2021, 07:27 AM
Picked up this sunshade from Fast Ed yesterday.

ZR
06-11-2021, 07:31 AM
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/tQ4AAOSw8S9eAkOw/s-l300.jpg

Ram had it's first issue, broken exhaust manifold bolt on the drivers side. Parts ordered, fix soon as they come, will do both sides as preventative maint.

Laffs
06-11-2021, 09:07 AM
I dread that day.

MUSTANGWOP
06-11-2021, 10:01 AM
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/tQ4AAOSw8S9eAkOw/s-l300.jpg

Ram had it's first issue, broken exhaust manifold bolt on the drivers side. Parts ordered, fix soon as they come, will do both sides as preventative maint.

A co-worker just had his done, it's a spendy repair.

ZR
06-11-2021, 04:41 PM
Feel confident guy I deal with will treat me fair.
Sadly, doesn't matter which one of the big three trucks you buy, all are having the exact same issue for the exact same reason.

Das 5.0
06-12-2021, 04:54 PM
I did this job recently at my buddies shop I work at some times. Not that bad of a job , just had 2 broken bolts that needed to be drilled and tapped....

ZR
06-12-2021, 05:34 PM
I'll use the weld a washer then nut to the broken bit n spin it out.

RedSN
06-12-2021, 08:22 PM
Sadly, doesn't matter which one of the big three trucks you buy, all are having the exact same issue for the exact same reason.
Ok, I’ll bite: what is the reason?

ZR
06-12-2021, 09:52 PM
Bolts are undersized + overzealous with heat shield(s). On the carpet trucks we service, removing factory heat shields has seen failures go from broken bolt(s) and or cracked manifold every 3 maybe 4yrs to none at all. The beauty of servicing these trucks for hundreds of thousands of km's, easy to track what is a real fix or not. Every one of them is well north of 500k.

ZR
06-19-2021, 08:12 PM
Parts missing in shipping hell for a few days but finally arrived. On the hoist this afternoon, manifold n assorted bits off, broken bolt extracted (yes welder method), new gasket n bolts and manifold is back on. Not too bad a job, nice to have the Ram back up n running without that annoying tick.

Zippy
06-19-2021, 09:38 PM
The DECH killer is back!

Zutz2v
06-19-2021, 10:19 PM
The DECH killer is back!

Atta boy Ross! Enjoy! Send pictures of the engine! I’d like to see that hydro job.

ZR
06-19-2021, 10:27 PM
Lots of pics in my Cobra built thread.

Zutz2v
06-20-2021, 12:49 PM
Lots of pics in my Cobra built thread.

Link ?

ZR
06-20-2021, 02:56 PM
Towards end of this thread.
http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?10905-My-04-Cobra

Stephen06GT
07-23-2021, 01:44 PM
All shined up and Aquapel on the windshield.

CDNfyrfytr
07-23-2021, 09:14 PM
Used it as a truck and towed the mobile cottage home from Kingston

Snaketamer
08-07-2021, 10:30 AM
The Sony sub in my '14 Lariat is kinda weak. So, decided to help it out on the cheap. Went to get some poly fill at wally world. $10 for a 16 oz bag... or $4 for a pillow almost twice the amount. lol Anyway, removed the sub and speaker and stuffed the enclosure with said poly fill and buttoned it back up.
Tested it out and it is definitely more punchy. So... four bucks well spent I say.

ZR
08-07-2021, 11:19 AM
^ Nice.

Laffs
09-10-2021, 02:08 PM
Truck #8 nearing completion on her in house mini resto.

Laffs
09-21-2021, 10:09 AM
All the mechanicals done, all thats left is decals and the bed to go back on. Should be out working again by Thursday. Finally looks like the 90k km truck it is.

Snaketamer
09-21-2021, 10:38 AM
Replaced the corroded license plate socket on my Lariat...

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP. sXfe5CG7_A4yVZvkRD4zggHaFj%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Laffs
09-28-2021, 09:21 AM
Number 8 is done and ready to go back to work finally

ZR
09-28-2021, 02:23 PM
She's a looker.

Laffs
09-28-2021, 03:39 PM
Thanks I certainly think so as well.

ZR
09-28-2021, 04:53 PM
Never know it's the same truck.

Laffs
10-14-2021, 10:54 AM
Hit a deer with my Ram. Apparently the Sport hoods are $$$$ and also backordered. Yey.

Zippy
10-14-2021, 12:53 PM
Hit a deer with my Ram. Apparently the Sport hoods are $$$$ and also backordered. Yey.

I got a parts truck in the driveway, ZR won't notice.
Sucks about your incident man :(

ZR
10-14-2021, 01:00 PM
That bites, hope your ok.

MUSTANGWOP
10-14-2021, 01:40 PM

Bummer dude, hope you're ok.

RedSN
10-14-2021, 11:33 PM
Doe!

Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you have a freezer full of venison now.

Black Sheep
10-15-2021, 06:57 PM
What have I done my truck today……nothing…because I no longer have my truck….my son took it away from me:crying:…and mine has been on order for 11 weeks now with no VIN assignment yet…I am now forced to drive my ATV to the liquor store and to get coffee and visit my friend….I don’t think I will see my new truck until may of 2022… if I’m lucky….
Rant ( or crying) over…….

FYI..he has been having fun upgrading a few things while teasing me along the way….fml

newbiestangowner
10-15-2021, 07:02 PM
What have I done my truck today……nothing…because I no longer have my truck….my son took it away from me:crying:…and mine has been on order for 11 weeks now with no VIN assignment yet…I am now forced to drive my ATV to the liquor store and to get coffee and visit my friend….I don’t think I will see my new truck until may of 2022… if I’m lucky….
Rant ( or crying) over…….

FYI..he has been having fun upgrading a few things while teasing me along the way….fml

Atv?
Get a jeepney :)

Black Sheep
10-15-2021, 07:27 PM
Atv?
Get a jeepney :)

Like this one..LOL26680

newbiestangowner
10-15-2021, 07:30 PM
Like this one..LOL26680

Yes lol
I’ve never rode in those
You friend can hop on too

Laffs
11-01-2021, 10:19 AM
New Hood and fender with an entire driver side paint job and my truck is back! Mirror still backordered to hell but just the housing is cracked so i can manage. Thank god I'm out of that Mazda CX5 rental.

Black Sheep
11-01-2021, 05:57 PM
Just was notified today that my F150 order has been changed from a 2021 to a 2022…(or 23, or 24….who the hell knows).
New trucks are going to be made incomplete and shipped to dealers. When parts become available…the dealer will complete the build before being sold to the customer.

Laffs
11-02-2021, 03:11 PM
Just was notified today that my F150 order has been changed from a 2021 to a 2022…(or 23, or 24….who the hell knows).
New trucks are going to be made incomplete and shipped to dealers. When parts become available…the dealer will complete the build before being sold to the customer.

Terrifying new world we live in.

Stephen06GT
11-07-2021, 03:27 PM
Put the snow boots on yesterday, and after a late night trip for some cheaper gas, and a drive up to Upper Canada Mall this morning put close to 100km on the clock. Re-torqued the lug nuts, gave the hubs a spritz of FluidFilm, and installed the centre caps. Oh, and last Saturday it when in for another application of Corrosion Free. Bring it on winter.

ZR
11-13-2021, 07:26 PM
Ram got 16 new plugs today.

https://smhttp-ssl-69129-sixityauto.nexcesscdn.net/media/catalog/product/cache/cfe34c5762a92ef1323a352e97da0306/2/0/2024121556image1.jpg

CDNfyrfytr
11-14-2021, 10:49 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211114/37d9b8d548552f00ef22e4f432278941.jpg

Finished just in time for the rain/snow shit forecast today. I do need to get some new lug nuts, the factory coated ones are SHIT! Any suggestions?

Stephen06GT
11-14-2021, 11:33 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211114/37d9b8d548552f00ef22e4f432278941.jpg

Finished just in time for the rain/snow shit forecast today. I do need to get some new lug nuts, the factory coated ones are SHIT! Any suggestions?

I got these ones from FastEd. They fit the plastic hub caps.

RedSN
11-21-2021, 07:54 PM
Oil change, air filter, cabin filter.
The air filter looked okay, but the other two were black! I’ve never owned a vehicle with a cabin air filter, first time changing one. I had no idea how much crud they catch.

RedSN
03-20-2022, 09:35 AM
New front brakes.

https://photos.smugmug.com/16-Frontier-1/i-L6sgs3z/0/bf86c00e/L/811D6490-AE93-4D54-BEFD-4DDE61F1807D-L.jpg

Ordered new rotors, pads, reman callipers, pins, and a hardware kit. I didn’t realize the reman callipers came with brackets and all the hardware, so now I have spare hardware for the next time I need pads. Put some paint on the brackets and callipers, hopefully keep them nicer for a little longer.

Das 5.0
03-26-2022, 10:04 AM
Traded in my 2019 GMC with 28,000 km’s for a 2022 GMC , same colour, because of the crazy trade value my 2019 with low k had.....

ZR
03-26-2022, 10:39 AM
^ congrats, pics of the new bad boy?

Das 5.0
03-26-2022, 01:13 PM
New is the first picture and old is the second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk28602

Das 5.0
03-26-2022, 03:14 PM
Can’t load the second one but they are identical twins !

Black Sheep
03-27-2022, 09:10 AM
Would love to do something to my new truck…but…8 months on order and still no VIN.

Black Sheep
05-07-2022, 01:56 PM
Would love to do something to my new truck…but…8 months on order and still no VIN.
After 9 months on order…..I finally have been assigned a VIN…..now have to wait another 3 more months before I have the truck.
Could of had a baby by now…..well..not me, but , somebody….

ZR
05-07-2022, 08:00 PM
Crazy times brother.

Stephen06GT
05-23-2022, 04:52 PM
Before

After

Stephen06GT
05-23-2022, 04:53 PM
Also changed the cabin air filter. This is what it looks like with less than two years, and 40,000km of use.

Zippy
05-23-2022, 05:10 PM
Also changed the cabin air filter. This is what it looks like with less than two years, and 40,000km of use.

I'd suggest driving in cleaner air.

ZR
05-23-2022, 05:28 PM
Really like the mirror caps, adds a bunch to the look.

Black Sheep
06-22-2022, 10:34 AM
It’s official……my truck is built……now have to wait for delivery.
I am really shocked at how much I miss having my own truck.

ZR
06-22-2022, 11:10 AM
^ I could not exist without one.

Snaketamer
06-22-2022, 07:30 PM
It’s official……my truck is built……now have to wait for delivery.
I am really shocked at how much I miss having my own truck.

That didn't take at all long... Glad to hear your truck in on it's way. Ford tracker said my truck shipped out yesterday. It's a waiting game!

Black Sheep
06-23-2022, 07:49 AM
That didn't take at all long... Glad to hear your truck in on it's way. Ford tracker said my truck shipped out yesterday. It's a waiting game!

11 months and counting . I would say it is a bit long

Black Sheep
06-25-2022, 07:52 AM
It's here. Should have it home by Thursday. 30110

RedSN
06-25-2022, 10:00 AM
Sharp looking truck!

….perfect for hauling 1/2 sheets of plywood ;)

Black Sheep
06-25-2022, 10:07 AM
Sharp looking truck!

….perfect for hauling 1/2 sheets of plywood ;)

Welllll. 1/2 sheet of plywood is all I can afford…lol

ZR
06-25-2022, 09:53 PM
She is a looker, congrats!!

ZR
07-17-2022, 11:10 AM
Coming up the street yesterday, squeak squeak squeak from the RF wheel. Jacked up n pulled brakes off to spin, wheel bearing has had the biscuit. Order up some parts tomorrow n get the old gal back on the road, likely do both sides.

https://partsavatar.ca/thumbnails/front-hub-assembly-transit-warehouse-70515126-pa4.jpg

Snaketamer
07-17-2022, 11:21 AM
Waiting........................................... .................................................. ..................................

Black Sheep
07-17-2022, 02:31 PM
It's here. Should have it home by Thursday. 30110

Had the new truck home and within 20 hrs we had a full load of wood on. It stayed new for almost a full day…lol
Really love how the power is put down with the 3.70 gears and 10 speed transmission.
It is a little more choppy than my previous truck….this truck is lighter than the previous one .
Over all…I like it… really like the cell phone charging pad.
still learning all the Nannie’s .

And no “start/stop “ feature on this truck..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Snaketamer
07-17-2022, 05:08 PM
Had the new truck home and within 20 hrs we had a full load of wood on. It stayed new for almost a full day…lol
Really love how the power is put down with the 3.70 gears and 6 speed transmission.
It is a little more choppy than my previous truck….this truck is lighter than the previous one .
Over all…I like it… really like the cell phone charging pad.
still learning all the Nannie’s .

6 speed transmission??? Is it not a 10 speed?

Black Sheep
07-17-2022, 05:10 PM
6 speed transmission??? Is it not a 10 speed?
Oops �� corrected

Stephen06GT
07-18-2022, 07:50 AM
Picked up some new windshield wipers from FastEd a couple of weeks ago and finally got to give them a good try this morning. No more streaks, and nice and quiet.

ZR
07-18-2022, 08:01 AM
^ Remember way back when, wipers lasted for yrs n yrs n yrs.

Stephen06GT
07-18-2022, 08:14 AM
^ Remember way back when, wipers lasted for yrs n yrs n yrs.

Yup. Didn't get two years out of the original set.

Scrape
07-18-2022, 09:00 AM
I have new wiper blades and they chatter on the windshield like crazy.

ZR
07-18-2022, 09:24 AM
^ Fawk it, time to trade.

Snaketamer
07-18-2022, 10:00 AM
I have new wiper blades and they chatter on the windshield like crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0I-obFmADE

ZR
07-18-2022, 08:00 PM
Went with a Mevotech TTX series wheel bearing kit. Going to do both but only one available right now, at least Rambo is back up and running.................quietly. :)

https://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/xlarge/mev-txf50302_iu_xl.jpg

Laffs
07-19-2022, 10:31 AM
What made you go with Mevotech kit?

ZR
07-19-2022, 05:58 PM
Couple reasons, product itself looks high quality, comes coated as in the pic, includes new hardware and warranty is excellent. So far they have been one of the most reliable options we've used. Growing tired of opening high end box by co A only to find it's not made by them.

Zee
07-20-2022, 01:42 PM
Picked up a car cover.
Every time I was parking underground it was getting dusty after the wash.

Laffs
07-20-2022, 04:33 PM
Couple reasons, product itself looks high quality, comes coated as in the pic, includes new hardware and warranty is excellent. So far they have been one of the most reliable options we've used. Growing tired of opening high end box by co A only to find it's not made by them.

Nice wasn't sure if these were enhanced design over stock or not. I ran Mevotech UCA's in my last ram to account for the increased ball joint angle with the leveling kit. Was a nice quality product from what I recalled and re-engineered to account for the angle.