PDA

View Full Version : Dz liscence ?

Zexhuffer
09-04-2017, 10:06 PM
Thinking about getting my dz liscence for winter work. Was wondering if anyone has there's and where they took the course from?

I have checked a few places and price is all over the place and reviews are varried.

Any help would be great

Red Reaper
09-04-2017, 10:29 PM
Hey there. I went to Toronto truck training school, been awhile but pretty straight forward. When you go for the driven I took the school bus as it's easier when it comes to test time. I believe they were off Weston road and the 401 area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Reaper
09-04-2017, 10:29 PM
Thinking about getting my dz liscence for winter work. Was wondering if anyone has there's and where they took the course from?

I have checked a few places and price is all over the place and reviews are varried.

Any help would be great

Iv been plowing for MSO, company that takes care of the 407.

Zexhuffer
09-05-2017, 06:18 PM
Iv been plowing for MSO, company that takes care of the 407.

Thanks for the info

Intmdtr
09-05-2017, 08:58 PM
Hey Zex, my dad used to be a trainer. Will talk to him and see what he recommends

Red Reaper
09-05-2017, 09:56 PM
Do you have a job set up for the winter yet? 407 is always hiring I could get you in easy. Pays the best rates for standby.

2DXTRM
09-05-2017, 10:46 PM
Hey there. I went to Toronto truck training school, been awhile but pretty straight forward. When you go for the driven I took the school bus as it's easier when it comes to test time. I believe they were off Weston road and the 401 area.

Same I went to I believe a long time ago. Raymond Garcia is the owner.
They offer weekend air brake classes. The instructor he had for that at the time was a retired MTO guy. Very thorough class.
You have to be on the ball and intake whats being taught.
Prices were very reasonable.

Zexhuffer
09-05-2017, 11:55 PM
Do you have a job set up for the winter yet? 407 is always hiring I could get you in easy. Pays the best rates for standby.

50/50 I have not heard back from company from last year. How do they workout where you plough and what's the starting rate?
Is dz mandatory?

IanGTCS
09-06-2017, 08:52 PM
The new rules for AZ require a course, and the testing procedure for AZ and AR is now different. One of my friends and I were the first two to go through the new AR testing in July. I was asking the tester (doesn't hurt to chat them up, and we plow that plaza so he recognizes us) about the DZ and he said the air brake portion isn't even a road test if you already have your D or AR. So you could get your D if you know someone with a heavier rated truck with hydraulic brakes and then do the Z later.

One thing to note is now you don't complete a full walk around inspection, they get six areas at random and test you on those. Makes sense, keeps you on your toes and makes sure you know it rather than having memorized the circle check.

Red Reaper
09-09-2017, 11:12 AM
50/50 I have not heard back from company from last year. How do they workout where you plough and what's the starting rate?
Is dz mandatory?

Depends on where you are from?

Red Reaper
09-09-2017, 11:12 AM
Same I went to I believe a long time ago. Raymond Garcia is the owner.
They offer weekend air brake classes. The instructor he had for that at the time was a retired MTO guy. Very thorough class.
You have to be on the ball and intake whats being taught.
Prices were very reasonable.

Yea I believe the mto guy was Irish or a Scotsman, really knew his stuff and well worth the money. Open on weekends was a bonus!

Zexhuffer
09-09-2017, 12:30 PM
http://www.trontariotraining.com/

Is this the company you guys were talking about?

Also where do you have classes and where do you drive when lessons are going on?