PDA

View Full Version : Taco Bell robbery.

ZR
09-07-2017, 01:00 PM
CLEVELAND -- Police say three employees of a Cleveland Taco Bell opened fire on two armed robbers, killing one.
Police have said two masked robbers entered the restaurant early Wednesday and ordered three employees to lie on the floor. Police say three other employees pulled out handguns and opened fire, shooting one of the suspects six times. The other suspect ran off.
The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office on Thursday said the man killed was 24-year-old De'Carlo Jackson.
Investigators say Jackson was found with a loaded gun in his hand. He was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead.
No one has been arrested. The employees who opened fire are said to be two 19-year-old men and a 23-year-old man.
A Taco Bell spokeswoman told Cleveland.com the company is "shocked" by the shooting and is offering counselling to employees.

mavrrrick
09-07-2017, 02:25 PM
Wow....Thank God we are in Canada!!!

FoxRod
09-07-2017, 02:46 PM
Yo Quiero Taco bang bang bang bang bang bang...

MUSTANGWOP
09-07-2017, 02:56 PM
...three other employees pulled out handguns...

I'm sure most of us don't want to know the number of people we walk, drive, etc. past in a day are packing heat and we have no idea they are.

RedSN
09-07-2017, 03:08 PM
As much as I don't feel sorry for this thief, it is a shame that he forfeited his life over a taco.
How much cash could there possibly be in the register? Tacos are 79 cents.

And scary to think employees are packing heat.

92redragtop
09-07-2017, 03:18 PM
As much as I don't feel sorry for this thief, it is a shame that he forfeited his life over a taco.
How much cash could there possibly be in the register? Tacos are 79 cents.

And scary to think employees are packing heat.

Yup - crossfire for customers if the restaurant is open.

Plus with payment options like mobile apps and tap and go for small dollar transactions, there's even less cash now than in the past (although the US is behind Canada on this aspect). Most of the retail employees I interacted with in the US recently (retail, Starbucks, Panera, etc) were shocked when I paid by tapping my card on their credit card machine - they had no idea it could do that.

Scrape
09-07-2017, 03:18 PM
I agree with you there Don. You come in for a big box meal and you leave in a box. :(

92redragtop
09-07-2017, 03:21 PM
I agree with you there Don. You come in for a big box meal and you leave in a box. :(

Normally it doesn't happen that fast (takes a few years of big box meals to put you in the box).

Laffs
09-07-2017, 03:54 PM
I've eaten at that Taco Bell....

WTF
09-07-2017, 05:35 PM
well....when you play stupid games....you win stupid prizes

Ponyryd
09-07-2017, 07:24 PM
^Basically this. Personally I'd be happy to see the robber killed if I was in the store, you never know what the guy woulda done if he wasn't haply with the score, he coulda went to customers to fill his bag.
Don't wanna die? Maybe get a job instead of using trying to steal from someone.

Harbinger
09-07-2017, 08:20 PM
I'm for open carry. The issue is gun registration and licensing is extremely lax. I bet if they had the same education and testing as us, there would be far less shootings.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Darkhorse
09-07-2017, 10:21 PM
Hope it sends a message to all other would be robbers.