PDA

View Full Version : Finally a good thread about Rogers!

Biz
09-14-2017, 04:14 PM
So I've been with rogers since my first house which is eon's ago when they were still @home email addresses.
That's 20 plus years.
Today I called because I hated my cable package.
I was on the Sports elite package which is fine but I only really watch 3-4 of the 60 odd dedicated sports channels.
I don't watch cricket or soccer.
So I got Lynn from Vancouver on the phone.
After some switching I will still get my Sunday football games, the movie channels and all networks for $21.13 less a month.
But then she says I can offer you better internet. I had the ignite 100 which gave me around 180 mbps. Enough to download a show in a couple minutes.
So she offered me the gigabyte service for the same price. All I had to do was go get the new modem.
Then she looks at my cell bill and sees rogers didn't offer me a discount on the iPhone 7 when I bought it so she puts a $200 plus tax credit on my bill.
So a simple call gave me better tv, better internet, a $226.00 credit and a cheaper bill.
Yup for once good job Rogers.
It doesn't happen often lol

https://s6.postimg.org/kmdyaiiwx/IMG_5227.jpg

Cell (5 gig)
Home Phone (yes I still have one- unlimited NA LD)
Cable (250 channels)
Internet (gig service)
$209.00/month tax in
:D

ZR
09-14-2017, 04:47 PM
Awesome news, no doesn't happen often.

Stephen06GT
09-14-2017, 04:58 PM
Come on Biz, it's not April 1st.

Biz
09-14-2017, 07:18 PM
Come on Biz, it's not April 1st.

I'll only be 100% after my first bill :D

Zexhuffer
09-14-2017, 08:51 PM
99% of dealing with rogers or bell is knowing what each can offer and to deal with retentions only. The regular help will just get in the way and can't offer you anything.

You want a good plan and deal you gotta ask for it and learn to say "no, what else can you offer".

I laugh at most people when then tell me what they pay for bundled packages from providers

Styrofoam04
09-15-2017, 09:11 AM
For how long tho? 12 months? 6 months? Then surprise $400!!

Oh yeah and wait till your next bill and you don't see the price adjustment. Then you have to call and the operator says that there is no notes on your account about it. They try their best to fix it but then next month it happens again. I did this for 5 months until they finally really fixed it.

Good luck

True Blue
09-15-2017, 10:19 AM
^^^ That's why I moved to 3rd party companies that uses Bell/Rogers infrastructure. Way better customer service no BS with the prices or billing and costs half if not more than half for the same services.

Styrofoam04
09-15-2017, 10:50 AM
I too was using a 3rd party for 12 years, but rogers offered me this amazing deal that the others could not match. Even with the troubles and all its still worth it ... tho when this deal ends bye bye!

I have an notification set on my calendar for me to cancel my rogers when its up..

I really miss the no BS

Biz
09-15-2017, 11:34 AM
The gig internet is for 24 months. I can deal with that considering the price is $149.00 on the website.
My other deals are locked no term.
Any 3rd party would be hard pressed to get me all 4 services for $210/month tax in. I believe rogers is starting to learn this
and to keep your residual customers is key.
I've already set a reminder for 23 months from now to address the gig internet service as I wont be paying $149 for it.

RedSN
09-15-2017, 11:52 AM
I believe rogers is starting to learn this
and to keep your residual customers is key.
Too late. We ditched cable and phone. Only kept internet.