PDA

View Full Version : Back from a ten year anniversary get away.

5.4MarkVIII
09-17-2017, 05:13 PM
With work and kids and renovations we decided to forgo anything crazy even though it's our ten year this year.
Put the kids on the bus Friday am (to be picked up after school by their babysitter untill my mom was done work then they spent the weekend at my parents)

Wife wanted to do a route of antique shops. Some we have been to before and some we had not

I'm not big for the kick nack stuff but love old old stuff and architectural antiques.

First we hit up st Jacobs and then ellora. Then hit up a couple places in the Kitchener area.

Then stayed in Toronto for the night. And hit a couple places in Toronto

(If there is anyone that into this kind of stuff "the door store" in Toronto was amazing. Could spend a lot of money there)

Then we headed over to Niagara Falls. Saw the sites had a lovely dinner splurged on a nice room for the night and got back today.

Wonderful time with my wife but so glad we didn't take off for longer.

Came back to find my big fish tank all cloudy. Apparently the filter had quit an I didn't notice before we had left.
Then went into the kitchen and realizes when my kids were back with the
Baby sitter they got popsicles out of the freezer and didn't shut the door so everything was warm all weekend.

So spent all afternoon cleaning.
Such is the life.

ZR
09-17-2017, 06:17 PM
Lots of positives Mr.

5.4MarkVIII
09-17-2017, 06:39 PM
For sure was a great weekend away.
Just glad it wasn't a week would have been a couple nasty messes to come home to.

SVOMACH1
09-17-2017, 09:50 PM
Sounds like a good time. Erin and I love antiquing!

5.4MarkVIII
09-21-2017, 04:15 PM
Lots of great places.
Wood stock has a HUGE antique mall. Definatly worth checking out

I'm really into architectural and old rustic stuff

If your in the st Jacobs area place called Artifacts. And another called Timeless.
Plus a couple good malls

And "the door store" in Toronto was definatly worth the trip by itself.