PDA

View Full Version : Terror comes home

StAnger
10-01-2017, 08:46 AM
Wake the fuck up Canada!

Edmonton police believe an unprovoked knife attack on an officer controlling traffic outside a football game and a high-speed chase of a moving van that struck and injured four pedestrians were acts of terrorism.
At a news conference early Sunday morning, Chief Rod Knecht said police have a 30-year-old man in custody and they think he acted alone. But Knecht stressed it is early in the investigation and they aren't ruling out that others were involved.
An Islamic State militants flag was seized as evidence, he said.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/officer-injured-in-suspected-terror-attack-in-edmonton-1.3614259

1986stangfan
10-01-2017, 09:15 AM
The first of many to come I'm afraid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedSN
10-01-2017, 12:20 PM
The first of many to come I'm afraid
The first? Sadly, you’ve already forgotten the 2014 Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu ramming attack? And what about the Canadian National War Memorial incident a couple days later where Kevin Vickers shot the terrorist in the Parliament?

Not the first time, not the last.

92redragtop
10-01-2017, 12:35 PM
You can go back further to Marc Lepine and others (eg. RCMP killing in Moncton, etc). Canada has had its share of terrorist attacks over the past decades.

StAnger
10-01-2017, 12:48 PM
The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today issued the following statement after a terrorist attack in Edmonton:

“The Government of Canada and Canadians stand with the people of Edmonton after the terrorist attack on Saturday that sent an Edmonton Police Service officer to hospital and injured a number of innocent people who were out to cheer on their football team and to enjoy an evening in their city. I am deeply concerned and outraged by this tragedy.

"Our thoughts are with those injured, their family and friends, and all those affected by this senseless act of violence. I am also grateful for the first responders who were there on the scene, and the enforcement authorities who have been working through the night to make sure that everybody in Edmonton and Alberta is safe and secure. Police officers put themselves at great personal risk every single day on our behalf, and this attack is a stark reminder of the sacrifices they make for the public good.

“While the investigation continues, early reports indicate that this is another example of the hate that we must remain ever vigilant against. The RCMP and the Edmonton Police Service, through the Integrated National Enforcement Team, are working closely together to bring those involved to justice.

“We cannot – and will not – let violent extremism take root in our communities. We know that Canada’s strength comes from our diversity, and we will not be cowed by those who seek to divide us or promote fear. Edmonton is a strong and resilient city, and I am confident that its citizens will support one another to overcome this tragic event.”

Once again, diversity is proven to be a weakness, and once again the idiot preaches it. We need to rid ourselves of this threat once and for all.

Harbinger
10-01-2017, 06:19 PM
3rd post about this topic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1986stangfan
10-01-2017, 08:12 PM
The first? Sadly, you’ve already forgotten the 2014 Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu ramming attack? And what about the Canadian National War Memorial incident a couple days later where Kevin Vickers shot the terrorist in the Parliament?

Not the first time, not the last.

I suppose I worded it incorrectly. I haven't forgotten. These attacks are the first of many to come.

StAnger
10-01-2017, 08:44 PM
I'm glad to see others posting this stuff. Nothing happens without awareness and discussion. Thanks to OP

Sadly awareness and discussion won't solve the problem. Only action will.

StAnger
10-01-2017, 09:22 PM
I agree that action is the solution.

As I see it the current situation is ignorance of the problem and excuse making. I was the same until I got informed.

The dominant christian culture here in Canada and the west ascribes values of "do no harm", charity, turn the other cheek etc. How many people know that Islam divides the world into two houses. The house under Islamic rule, and the house of war, which is the rest of the world not under Islamic rule that must be converted or subjugated? It's as much of a political and military system as it is a religion. There are no equivalencies in other religions.

No action will be taken until the public gets educated and public opinion demands it.

This is the Christianity we need.

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/knights-templar-3531248.jpg

92redragtop
10-01-2017, 09:36 PM
No religion is needed - what came after was the Inquisition, etc (and they're still uncovering stuff the Catholics did to children over the past 40 years). All religions are bad at different points in history.