PDA

View Full Version : Toronto police have issued a safety alert

ZR
10-12-2017, 04:07 AM
Toronto police have issued a safety alert following a string of collisions around the city Wednesday that sent a number of people to hospital.
“We've responded to over 30 collisions since noon,” Toronto police wrote on Twitter Wednesday evening. “Some involve serious injury -Please be cautious.”
The incidents included a collision between a double-decker bus and a car in Cabbagetown that sent a female bus driver to hospital with serious injuries.

PHOTOS
https://www.cp24.com/polopoly_fs/1.3628798.1507775429!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_225/image.jpg (https://www.cp24.com/polopoly_fs/1.3628798.1507775429!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg)

Police tape cordons off the scene of a collision between a double-decker bus and a car in Cabbagetown Wednesday October 11, 2017.

In Forest Hill North, a man believed to be in his 70s was seriously injured after a collision at Old Park and Wembley roads shortly before 8 p.m. He was taken to a trauma centre in non-life-threatening condition, Toronto Paramedic Services said.
A pedestrian was also struck at Ellesmere Road and Dundalk Drive in Dorset Park at around the same time and sustained minor injuries.
At around 7:30 p.m. a female cyclist was struck and seriously injured near Silver Star Boulevard and Passmore Avenue in the Milliken area in Scarborough.
Police partly blamed poor weather for the uptick in collisions, with steady rain having fallen throughout much of the day. However police also advised motorists to take special care with how they drive, saying that pedestrian and cyclist safety is ‘in your hands.’

ZR
10-12-2017, 04:22 AM
So if anyone really cares about whats transpiring on our roads, how about getting back to basics on road safety and address the war zones we drive on each and every day. Start shoving it up the ass of the habitual turns left from any lane they please, doesn't stop for red lights (you know, the five or six cars that speed through a long since red), the ones on the highway that jump into the RH merge lanes to get three spots ahead, the texting pricks either driving too slow or can't maintain a lane or the distracted pedestrians that step off the curb "no matter what" because "pedestrians always have the right of way". Instead all we continue to see is chicken shiat radar traps of the 404 or 407 or similar hiding on a downhill city street. Pouring rain coming back from Brampton late yesterday, number without lights on was ridiculous but nope OPP car sitting on the Bayview North to EB 407 ramp never moved. Blah blah blah we need legislation to mandate auto headlights, how about enforcing when the existing law says you need to ensure they are on auto headlights or not.
Hard enough watching someone in a beater box beside you on a hand held phone, a freakin joke when it's a high end this or that you know full well came with hands free but they choose not to use it.

ZR
10-12-2017, 05:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnNKS2w-JaY

RedSN
10-12-2017, 08:44 AM
I only made it 3min into that vid. Blood pressure was rising.

Police partly blamed poor weather for the uptick in collisions
Light rain constitutes "poor weather"? I had the wipers on slow intermittent. It was barely a sprinkle. God help us if it ever starts snowing.

ZR
10-12-2017, 08:48 AM
It's an absolute joke, vids from your dash cam means you already know that part.

True Blue
10-12-2017, 09:13 AM
Light rain constitutes "poor weather"? I had the wipers on slow intermittent. It was barely a sprinkle. God help us if it ever starts snowing.

I was thinking the same, "poor weather" what an utter f-ing joke. What's next, any snow amounts over 5cm we issue an extreme weather statement and then shut down the roads?

83 5.0
10-13-2017, 10:50 PM
the ones on the highway that jump into the RH merge lanes to get three spots ahead,
See this on the 401 EB at Dixon, the cops use to hang out and pick the offenders off. See guys running the shoulder constantly through here, maybe time the MTO uses the shoulder for rush hour traffic, save everyone's blood from boiling over.

Scrape
10-14-2017, 06:41 AM
Well said there Rick. Freakin cops just do fuck all and idiots drive with no lights on!

So if anyone really cares about whats transpiring on our roads, how about getting back to basics on road safety and address the war zones we drive on each and every day. Start shoving it up the ass of the habitual turns left from any lane they please, doesn't stop for red lights (you know, the five or six cars that speed through a long since red), the ones on the highway that jump into the RH merge lanes to get three spots ahead, the texting pricks either driving too slow or can't maintain a lane or the distracted pedestrians that step off the curb "no matter what" because "pedestrians always have the right of way". Instead all we continue to see is chicken shiat radar traps of the 404 or 407 or similar hiding on a downhill city street. Pouring rain coming back from Brampton late yesterday, number without lights on was ridiculous but nope OPP car sitting on the Bayview North to EB 407 ramp never moved. Blah blah blah we need legislation to mandate auto headlights, how about enforcing when the existing law says you need to ensure they are on auto headlights or not.
Hard enough watching someone in a beater box beside you on a hand held phone, a freakin joke when it's a high end this or that you know full well came with hands free but they choose not to use it.

Ray721
10-15-2017, 03:05 AM
Earlier I Got off the highway the same time some moron in a white mid 2000's civic got off. There wasn't a panel on this fucking thing that wasn't covered in bondo and white rattle can paint.

I'm making a left at the intersection only for this retard on my right to turn left beside me in a non turning lane. He damn near runs into me because he didn't finish turning when the road straightened out. Then a block down he ends up ahead of me in the LEFT turn lane siting at a red light. The second the light turns green he makes a RIGHT cross THREE LANES that had just started to take off at the green.

It was insanity.

ZR
10-15-2017, 07:00 AM
Blame to me falls on the powers to be, men and women out in the trenches are only enforcing what they are directed to. Left Toronto at 1:30am Sat and drove to Sault St Marie and back for a total of 1400+ kms. In spite of extreme fog and pouring rain most of the way up, no hitches with drivers around me, sure lighter traffic but still a significant flow especially as we cruised into Sudbury and headed West. Same deal on the way back, started pouring around Parry Sound with significant traffic. Wheels fell off the bus as we approached Barrie. Same old asshat drivers doing ridiculous lane changes all the while you can hardly see 30 feet in front it's raining so hard n fog was rolling in. Turned last 100 or so kms into a nail biter, freakin war zone out there.