PDA

View Full Version : What would you have done...

Stephen06GT
10-19-2017, 08:03 PM
Here's the situation, I'm out with the dog for our daily evening walk, and come to a "T" all way stop intersection. A driver in a black Mercedes blows the corner while I'm standing there waiting to cross. I carry a flashlight with me during these dark nights so I lit him up as he goes by (his passenger window was down) I stay at the corner while he starts to back up. Then he turns around and heads back the way he was going and stops a block down on the next street, all the while I'm watching him. I continue on my walk and he comes back around the block and we have words:

Him (a late teen early twenty something) "Do you think it's appropriate to shine a flashlight at someone when they are driving?"

Me "When they don't stop at a stop sign where I'm standing, yes."

Him "That's dangerous! I could have spun out and hit someone "

Me "You could have hit me because you didn't stop at the STOP SIGN"

Him (something along the lines of) " I'll do want I want when I' driving"

Me " how about stopping at the FUCKING STOP SIGN"

He then drove off.

What would you have done?

Armen
10-19-2017, 08:27 PM
I think you did pretty good.

ZR
10-19-2017, 08:51 PM
You did extremely well.

bbriann
10-19-2017, 08:55 PM
I think you were very professional and did good. I live near a T corner and people blow through
It all the time. Have had several close calls..

Ponyryd
10-19-2017, 09:14 PM
You did good, I probably would have called in his plate, I'm a dick like that. I may have also put my phone on record and let the cops have that as well if they wanted. Residential areas are no place for shenanigans.

Stephen06GT
10-19-2017, 09:18 PM
You did good, I probably would have called in his plate, I'm a dick like that. I may have also put my phone on record and let the cops have that as well if they wanted. Residential areas are no place for shenanigans.
I know where he lives, and I'm still thinking about filing a Road Watch report. Wht really pisses me off is that he lives in the neighborhood and drives like that.

ZR
10-19-2017, 09:18 PM
Dude down the street in his AMG feels it's beneath him to even slow down for the T intersection to the south of me. Blows the stop sign on the way out in the morning and again in the evening.

Ponyryd
10-19-2017, 09:20 PM
I know where he lives, and I'm still thinking about filing a Road Watch report.

Do it. The cops will at least call him and if the reports conitnue I'm pretty sure they can fine him.

Rick. You should do the same.

I'm a dick I know. But people need to respect residentials, I know we're all in a rush, but lives are at stake here.

ZR
10-19-2017, 09:22 PM
Do it. The cops will at least call him and if the reports conitnue I'm pretty sure they can fine him.

Rick. You should do the same.

I'm a dick I know. But people need to respect residentials, I know we're all in a rush, but lives are at stake here.

Several in the neighborhood have called about him / the intersection itself until blue in the face..................nothing has transpired to date.

ZR
10-19-2017, 09:23 PM
Same as the grow house that went on for several years.

92redragtop
10-19-2017, 09:38 PM
I know where he lives, and I'm still thinking about filing a Road Watch report. Wht really pisses me off is that he lives in the neighborhood and drives like that.

Do it - even worse when the perp lives on the street. Should know better.

newbiestangowner
10-19-2017, 09:51 PM
Do it - even worse when the perp lives on the street. Should know better.

I don't know.... I'm always ifffyyy about things like that especially if you park your car in the driveway :shrug:

I have a corner lot- same thing with this teenage kid up the street- I just mentioned" come on just stop at the sign because of the kids around here" so far so good lol

StAnger
10-19-2017, 09:59 PM
I would have done the same thing, and have done it.

Ghost Rider
10-20-2017, 06:02 AM
would have called in the plates with a suspected impaired driver, I've done this in the past with wreckless drivers, the police will send someone out immediately, as they don't take that kind of stuff lightly, least around my neck of the woods...

WTF
10-20-2017, 07:44 AM
I think you handled it very well

but I was hoping the end of the story had you ramming that flashlight right up his arse

SVOMACH1
10-20-2017, 08:10 AM
If I were you I would move back to the Sault!

ZR
10-20-2017, 08:44 AM
New hooligan in the neighborhood up there. ;)

The Newmare
10-20-2017, 11:40 AM
I would have giving him something to eat........a heavy diet of flashlight!!!

Intmdtr
10-22-2017, 08:22 AM
Think you did well Stephen, but it should be reported. that way when someone gets hit by the prick the police can't say there was never a problem before. I actually sit out in a lawn chair in my front yard with my go pro on a camera to film all the people who blow the stop sign in front of my place. Had a few ask why I was filming...."So I can pass it on to the OPP of who doesn't stop". I have already had 4 people charged and convicted for failure to stop. Ask me if I am worried about reprocussions...lol. sometimes I just stay in uniform while out there.

Screw
10-22-2017, 08:35 AM
would have called in the plates with a suspected impaired driver, I've done this in the past with wreckless drivers, the police will send someone out immediately, as they don't take that kind of stuff lightly, least around my neck of the woods...

......not surprised �� lol

Gr8Stang
10-25-2017, 11:59 AM
Sad, but I'm sure it will continue. I think you did the right thing by pointing out what was obvious, despite his careless attitude. We live in a time where accountability/admission of fault is rare. How different might that conversation would have gone had he simply backed up and offered an apology (i'm assuming he actually didn't see you......if he saw you and still blew through that sign, he's got a serious issue/problem).

saleen27c
10-25-2017, 02:43 PM
You handled it very well. I don't know if I would have been able to keep my cool if he said, "I can do what I want when I'm driving".....knowing he lives in my neighborhood...however, kudos to you for keeping your flashlight out of his corn hole. I agree with the rest of the gang. Call in his plates to the cops and report his driving behavior. I know we were all young once....but I was raised to always respect your elders, respect road rules, and don't do stupid shit around your own neighborhood! LOL. yipeee, you own a Benz...doesn't give you the right to drive like an ass.

mavrrrick
10-27-2017, 09:40 AM
You did very good. To be able to hold off the urge to punch the living shit out of some ahole that desperately deserves it is admirable. Well done!!!