PDA

View Full Version : Pre construction homes

sxy_stang
10-30-2017, 07:08 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows of a builder or possibly works for a builder that is currently building houses or about to in the gta. Don’t want a condo and not in toronto. Let me know!!!

IanGTCS
10-30-2017, 07:46 PM
How far out are you willing to go? My company does work with a few out between Oakville and Niagara.

N89
10-30-2017, 08:06 PM
Not exactly sure what it is that you are asking but I work with the major builders like Treasure Hill homes, Mattamy Homes, Greenpark, Mosaik,Madison homes etc, they have new subdivisions coming up all over the GTA.
In my opinion Treasure Hill builds a really nice product.

sxy_stang
10-30-2017, 08:24 PM
Well I’m looking at anything west or a little north of the city. Oakville wouldn’t be bad

Quicksilver
10-31-2017, 08:27 AM
Not exactly sure what it is that you are asking but I work with the major builders like Treasure Hill homes, Mattamy Homes, Greenpark, Mosaik,Madison homes etc, they have new subdivisions coming up all over the GTA.
In my opinion Treasure Hill builds a really nice product.

Just curious. What do you do?

Gabe
10-31-2017, 08:39 AM
Lot's of new development in Milton

sxy_stang
10-31-2017, 09:31 AM
I’m actually about to take a drive through Milton today to see

hsousa88
10-31-2017, 05:59 PM
My only problem with preconstruction is the fact that you can’t mortgage it. So you have to trust some shady builder until your home is ready. That and the fact that most of them ask for a insane amount of coin in a short time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IanGTCS
10-31-2017, 06:44 PM
There is also how long it'll be until it is ready. I don't mean what they say is the closing, I mean when it actually closes. My former neighbour bought pre-construction and it was about a year late. Yes, that was the longest I've heard of but working with builders you realize that 3 to 6 month delays are common. And this wasn't from some little company, it was a decent sized ones. Also, larger sites often have multiple builders. So your street may be done but the next one over could be on a whole different schedule so be prepared to live with construction work going on for a while. And the sales guy might not tell you about that.

Oakville has the Preserve area on the go. From what I've seen it should be pretty nice and in a nice setting.

I admit there is an appeal to picking exactly what you want from the get go, but having worked with builders I probably wouldn't want to buy a brand new. Just too many issues cropping up and too many delays.

Gabe
10-31-2017, 10:01 PM
Both of the homes I have owned/ own have been new and it is a great way to buy, but there are potential for delays and additional costs shortly after moving in that need to be considered. Window coverings, fences, air conditioner etc.
Being able to pick all interior and exterior finishes, floor plan, lot etc are all great things to be able to do

92redragtop
10-31-2017, 10:25 PM
What is "pre-construction"? We bought ours new and the subdivision site was a former farmer's field on Bolton north hill when we first went to the sales office on Bolton's south hill (so we bought from builder's plans - isn't this how all new builds are?).

There are some nice areas being built in Tottenham and north side of Highway 9 (east of Highway 10).

Screw
10-31-2017, 11:44 PM
Come north man , got a deal for u with lots of garage space ;)

delisted currently

N89
11-02-2017, 01:28 PM
Just curious. What do you do?

I am a project manager for a large masonry contractor.

N89
11-02-2017, 01:33 PM
My advise is to wait a little longer "if you can", we are starting to hear from builders that sales are slowing down a bit, they haven't adjusted the prices just yet but it will happen eventually.

Quicksilver
11-02-2017, 07:13 PM

Oh. Ok. Sounds like an interesting job

Gabe
11-02-2017, 08:50 PM
My advise is to wait a little longer "if you can", we are starting to hear from builders that sales are slowing down a bit, they haven't adjusted the prices just yet but it will happen eventually.

Still lineups for every new release of homes in Milton. The slowdown sure doesn’t appear to be happening here

True Blue
11-02-2017, 11:45 PM

Having worked for a high end builder for many years. This is always the time of year where things will slow down a bit, because of the weather and the coming holidays. Don't expect any price adjustments. Come spring time things will be back at full force, if any inventory is still left it will sell quick and at a higher price.

N89
11-03-2017, 07:40 AM
Having worked for a high end builder for many years. This is always the time of year where things will slow down a bit, because of the weather and the coming holidays. Don't expect any price adjustments. Come spring time things will be back at full force, if any inventory is still left it will sell quick and at a higher price.

Take Madison Homes for example, they have a 2nd phase site in Pickering that opened 3 weeks ago, they only sold 13 units on opening day, compare this to the 1st phase opening in 2016 where they sold out in hours.
I didn't mean price adjustments where they will lower their prices I meant that they will be offering all kinds of upgrades to try to move inventory.

True Blue
11-03-2017, 08:01 AM
Curious, how many lots are available in the 2nd phase?

N89
11-03-2017, 08:58 AM
Curious, how many lots are available in the 2nd phase?

It's not a big site, 10 blocks of towns (57 units) and 10 singles.

Laffs
11-03-2017, 04:05 PM

Bless your heart. I'm in the estimating program at Seneca currently to get my certificate and doing the masonry take-offs is mind crushing. I'll stick to flat-roofs...

Hckynut
11-03-2017, 07:22 PM
Cambridge. River Mill. Mattamy homes