PDA

View Full Version : Winter Wiper Blades

SVOMACH1
11-11-2017, 08:31 AM
Just curious as to what you’re using and how they are. Have yet to find a decent set.

ZR
11-11-2017, 08:36 AM
Not so many years ago, blades lasted season after season after season, well that ship has sailed. Today you are lucky to see anything beyond a year out of even the most expensive blades. Even with that said, Stephen said he's pleased with the blades he's been purchasing from Costco (Michelin I think, perhaps he'll chime in).

True Blue
11-11-2017, 11:08 AM
TRICO Ice Extreme Winter Weather Wiper Blades $11.99 - $14.99. Save $3.00
Costco online has free shipping and no membership is needed, deal ends tomorrow.

From what I've been reading on another forum I'm on, a lot of the members said these blades work fantastic and many said they are better than the Michelins.

https://www.costco.ca/.product.751755.html

Stephen06GT
11-11-2017, 03:25 PM
I really like the Michelin blades from Costco. When I bought the Edge last year it needed new blades but I didn't have time to get to Costco so I bought a set from CTC. I didn't cheap out and bought a fairly pricey set. They started to chatter a few months later. I know what some of you are thinking, the windshield wasn't clean. Well before installing the CTC wiper blades I not only cleaned the windshield I super cleaned it. Wash, Invisible Glass, clay bar, wash again. Anyway, I lived with the CTC blades until this summer because I was being cheap and trying to get the most out of them but I couldn't take them anymore, especially with all the rain this year. Off to Costco, Michelin blades are on sale for $9.99 regardless of legth, night and day difference. I still have an extra set in the basement for Ol Paint whenever he needs new ones. I'll keep using them, highly recommend them.

Bksrt8
11-11-2017, 11:50 PM
Factory Dodge worked awesome on my Charger. Changed them out for Reflex from ctc. They work excellent but poor mounting quality....the stupid plastic adapter is crap. Wiper=awesome mounting needs improvement. I have NO idea whats on the f350. They do an ok job whatever they are. Mustang is having fuel issues and therefore hasnt arrived so i dunno whats on it for wipers lol

Ponyryd
11-12-2017, 02:49 AM
The one blades seem the best to me, fca ones last a few years it seems, but of course you gotta keep them clean (wipe down every month or so with a washer fliud soaked towel). I use rain x blades on my beater, got them from Home Depot for $7 each I think. Before that I had the Michelin blades from costco, decent blades but with the adaptor they made the arms sit up high and it bugged me.

98 Snake
11-12-2017, 12:48 PM
I like the mopar beam blades much better then any blade you get from ctc

83 5.0
11-12-2017, 05:26 PM
I use the OEM's refills, seem to get about 2 seasons out of the Toyotas, and Honda blades. Wifes VW EOS factory blades are really long and the refills last maybe a season.
When I had a Chrysler Intrepid, and Mini van I purchased the full replacement blades from CTC and never was happy with them, as the mickey mouse adaptors they supplied were always a weak point.
I still am using the OEM blades on my 83 GT vert, don't even know if these are available anymore?

Black Sheep
11-12-2017, 05:50 PM
Still have the factory installed blades on my 40 year old stang...but then again...it's not winter driven and only has 54000klms...lol

Black Sheep
11-12-2017, 05:51 PM
Been using Bosch blades on the daily. But they are only 18 months old

ZR
11-12-2017, 08:13 PM
I bought new OEM Ford blades for the Cobra about five years ago, it would be a miracle if they've even been mounted on the car a half dozen times over those years, wiper portion of the blade fell off both of em.