12-01-2017, 10:03 AM
I had to google who John Cena was :shrug:

hsousa88
12-01-2017, 10:21 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LitDGyxFh4

Laffs
12-02-2017, 10:53 AM
So much of this is strange to me. First of all, John Cena has already put out one video professing how great this car is with many many many youtube views. That's more "ambassador" work than most of the other deliveries made thus far, many of which I would wager will never see the light of day let alone a publicized video.

I understand Ford wanted these cars to "elevate the brand" and wanted high profile owners to do that leg work. However barring someone from reselling a vehicle they paid in full for, seems misguided. According to documents he sold it to pay down bills, that should be his right and if someone wants to pay a premium for an item I am selling by all means pay it.

These huge secondary market premiums infuriate automakers but that in and of itself "elevates the brand" . How many people went out and ordered the new 991.2 GT3 with a manual after seeing 911R prices skyrocket in the secondary? Same with the new GT2RS and its predecessors values. Hell, how many of these new brand ambassadors scoffed in 2005 at Ford releasing a supercar, but after seeing it's meteoric rise lined up to make videos and ask so nicely for a new one? The idea of unobtainable increases desire.

In the end Ford should leave Cena be, between the initial YouTube video and now well publishing the crazy restrictions of the GT program he's definitely done his "Ambassador" duty.

Ponyryd
12-02-2017, 12:24 PM

Never seen Trainwreck then? Great movie if you have a sense of humour.

G-ForceJunkie
12-03-2017, 10:27 AM
So much of this is strange to me. First of all, John Cena has already put out one video professing how great this car is with many many many youtube views. That's more "ambassador" work than most of the other deliveries made thus far, many of which I would wager will never see the light of day let alone a publicized video.

I understand Ford wanted these cars to "elevate the brand" and wanted high profile owners to do that leg work. However barring someone from reselling a vehicle they paid in full for, seems misguided. According to documents he sold it to pay down bills, that should be his right and if someone wants to pay a premium for an item I am selling by all means pay it.

These huge secondary market premiums infuriate automakers but that in and of itself "elevates the brand" . How many people went out and ordered the new 991.2 GT3 with a manual after seeing 911R prices skyrocket in the secondary? Same with the new GT2RS and its predecessors values. Hell, how many of these new brand ambassadors scoffed in 2005 at Ford releasing a supercar, but after seeing it's meteoric rise lined up to make videos and ask so nicely for a new one? The idea of unobtainable increases desire.

In the end Ford should leave Cena be, between the initial YouTube video and now well publishing the crazy restrictions of the GT program he's definitely done his "Ambassador" duty.
Strong disagree. It's plain and simple breach of contract. No one forced him to buy the car, but when he did he agreed to the restrictions Ford put on it, which aren't overly onerous really. If Ford doesn't go after this guy then all the other owners who were considering selling are going to see a free pass to do so.

Clutt gt
12-03-2017, 10:30 AM
My stepfather's boss bought the SLS AMG black series that has rocketed in value. Now he has a Project one, on order mostly as an investment. Although does plan to drive the car for a year or two before flipping the car.
Apparently kicks himself for not grabbing up a P1 when he had the opportunity.

I'm totally buying the wrong cars. My truck isn't even worth what I owe on it.

ZR
12-03-2017, 10:38 AM
Strong disagree. It's plain and simple breach of contract. No one forced him to buy the car, but when he did he agreed to the restrictions Ford put on it, which aren't overly onerous really. If Ford doesn't go after this guy then all the other owners who were considering selling are going to see a free pass to do so.

I'm with you on that one Andy.

RedSN
12-03-2017, 11:25 AM
I'm totally buying the wrong cars.
Says the guy with the collectable Shelby Cobra

Laffs
12-03-2017, 11:48 AM

My rebuke to that is every big player in the known collectible market (Porsche, Ferrari, etc) has been bound to similar stipulations, broken them, thus increased in the car value and appeal. The most they've gotten is turned down to by the next big market item they sold, which went to others who played the same game.

If you think this opens the floodgates, I say good. I see more content creators and potential ambassadors saying they DIDN'T get invited to buy than those who did. Guys like Leno, Shmee, Cj Wilson, Verlander, Brooks and Deadmau5 arent going to sell them, let a few more go secondary to the guys who are willing to pay the price and will make content out of them.

As a side note I find it ironic anyone on here who has complained about government telling them what they can and cannot do would be in favour of this, if I had the facilities to and had spent north of 500k on something, I'd sell it when I damn well please.

G-ForceJunkie
12-03-2017, 12:05 PM
I'm with you on that one Andy.
Glad once in a while we can agree ;)

Black Sheep
12-03-2017, 12:43 PM
My rebuke to that is every big player in the known collectible market (Porsche, Ferrari, etc) has been bound to similar stipulations, broken them, thus increased in the car value and appeal. The most they've gotten is turned down to by the next big market item they sold, which went to others who played the same game.

If you think this opens the floodgates, I say good. I see more content creators and potential ambassadors saying they DIDN'T get invited to buy than those who did. Guys like Leno, Shmee, Cj Wilson, Verlander, Brooks and Deadmau5 arent going to sell them, let a few more go secondary to the guys who are willing to pay the price and will make content out of them.

As a side note I find it ironic anyone on here who has complained about government telling them what they can and cannot do would be in favour of this, if I had the facilities to and had spent north of 500k on something, I'd sell it when I damn well please.

so does that mean that, any part of a contract or the contract in whole, means absolutely nothing. if you sign one then decide" hey i don't like it so i'm not gonna abide by it" ..might as well let chaos rule...
a contract is a contract. if you sign (agree), then break it,,,then be prepared to pay the consequences.

ZR
12-03-2017, 12:45 PM
Also one for agreeing our lives are under way too much control but as said above, he did sign on the dotted line and to me thats that.

Laffs
12-03-2017, 03:23 PM
so does that mean that, any part of a contract or the contract in whole, means absolutely nothing. if you sign one then decide" hey i don't like it so i'm not gonna abide by it" ..might as well let chaos rule...
a contract is a contract. if you sign (agree), then break it,,,then be prepared to pay the consequences.

No, I understand the law and Ford is legally in the right here, my entire argument is based in my belief the non-sale clause is stupid and counterproductive to what their trying to accomplish. To rephrase that part of earlier argument if I had the ability to spend $500k on a car, I wouldn't buy one that dictates when I'm allowed to sell it, I'd stick to the other players in the game.

Black Sheep
12-03-2017, 03:47 PM
No, I understand the law and Ford is legally in the right here, my entire argument is based in my belief the non-sale clause is stupid and counterproductive to what their trying to accomplish. To rephrase that part of earlier argument if I had the ability to spend $500k on a car, I wouldn't buy one that dictates when I'm allowed to sell it, I'd stick to the other players in the game.

i hear your point. i don't agree with a "no sale two year clause" as well. Ford should have set it up as a "two year lease with option to buy" instead.

Laffs
12-03-2017, 05:38 PM
That how the Lexus LFA was done, makes a lot more sense.

Clutt gt
12-03-2017, 07:10 PM
Says the guy with the collectable Shelby Cobra

I'm simply the care taker and hopefully some day owner of a johnex replica Cobra.
Not really all that collectable and not a very good investment.

But the most fun I've ever had on a paved road.

Ponyryd
12-03-2017, 08:10 PM
I agree with laffs, the contract is stupid, why sell a car and make the new owner sign a contract to not sell it? Everyone has the potential to fall on hard times, so if they need to sell, they need to sell.
As stated, a two-year lease with buy option would make way more sense.....but so would a V8/10/12......

Black Sheep
12-03-2017, 08:31 PM
Everyone has the potential to fall on hard times, so if they need to sell, they need to sell.

FYI,,,,Maybe Ford gives the option to sell back to Ford at full purchase price.

ZR
12-03-2017, 08:41 PM
^ That puts a totally different spin on things to me.

Ponyryd
12-03-2017, 08:53 PM
FYI,,,,Ford gives the option to sell back to Ford at full purchase price.

Sure, but why do that when you jumped through all the hoops to get it?
Really seems like backwards thinking to me, like they’re baiting you into selling it just so they can get some free publicity by suing afterwards. Makes nonsense.

Laffs
12-03-2017, 11:33 PM
FYI,,,,Maybe Ford gives the option to sell back to Ford at full purchase price.

Interesting.