PDA

View Full Version : Sucker For Punishment...

Ray721
12-22-2017, 04:44 AM
Oops I did it again. Santa came a little early. Kooks 1"-7/8" Long Tube Headers and CATTED X-Pipe. Ok I learned a little bit with the Cats. But not much [emoji1][emoji1]

Looking forward to installing them on jackstands this time around lmao!! I do have a rough idea of what to expect and this car has significantly less miles than my 06 did when I did them on it. Should be interesting! I also have an MGW race spec to install while I'm under there and a BOSS intake when I make it out from underneath it.

RioCobra
12-22-2017, 08:45 AM
Oh man, nice present!

ZR
12-22-2017, 08:48 AM
Nice haul Ray.

MUSTANGWOP
12-22-2017, 09:04 AM
Nice haul Ray.

Agreed!

RedSN
12-22-2017, 09:25 AM
How tall are these jackstands? Post progress pics (inc. bloody knuckles :D )
Braver than I, Ray. I've had long tubes hanging on my wall for almost as long as I've owned the car, LOL.

fast Ed
12-22-2017, 11:00 AM
C'mon Don, longtubes on a Windsor engine are a walk in the park compared to doing them on a mod motor or Coyote!!

Get them done with the cyl. head swap in 2021.

RedSN
12-22-2017, 11:27 AM
C'mon Don, ...Get them done with the cyl. head swap...
that was the plan.
...second thoughts now tho with ground clearance driving onto the lift.

Ray721
12-22-2017, 12:11 PM
C'mon Don you have a lift. Tell you what. If I can get my lard ass under my car and do it on jackstands you HAVE to do yours before next season. Deal? [emoji1]

newbiestangowner
12-22-2017, 12:59 PM
Very Nice Haul Ray! :thumbsup:
I think you'll like the race spec.
hope to hear sound clip when you all done

Minaccia
12-22-2017, 03:09 PM
Nice list of mods for the Coyote Ray but you are going to have a hell of a time installing those headers on your back with the car maybe 3 feet off the ground but it's possible. I installed my LT's last year with help from a friend and used his hoist and it still was a bitch to do but maybe with the stick cars there may be a little more room.

Use some Loc-tite on the stock nuts when bolting the new headers up, use the stock header gaskets so be careful not to damage them when you remove the stock headers, use some gasket maker on the stock header gaskets, remove the battery for better access and be careful when bending the aluminum A/C line to get to those header bolts on the right front .

While you're at it throw a 6r80 in there and then see how fast these Coyotes really are, lol.... Have Fun Ray and be patient cuz it's a hell of a job.

Ray721
12-23-2017, 04:53 AM
Already bought OEM gaskets. And plan on reusing all the studs. I know some have to be cut shorter so they don't punch through the tubing. I'd never put an Auto in it though. It's Just not my thing. Thanks for the heads up on the AC line.

They're also going out to get ceramic coated before they go on. Trying to keep the temps down.

This build has been slow but it's gonna be done right. Nothing but good parts going on this car. Hoping to go nuts with the maximum catalog in the spring.

Fingers crossed.