PDA

View Full Version : Dash Cam question

Styrofoam04
01-04-2018, 12:56 PM
SO I got a dash cam for xmas. A119s with GPS

With the GPS feature I can imprint the coordinates and speed onto the videos.

So Hypothetically speaking...say my camera witness' a accident or something and I want to use it for evidence. My question is: If I imprint my speed on the Camera will I get a speeding ticket?

I'm usually 20+ over the speed limit on the 401 and sometimes I catch myself 10 over on the streets.

since I'm not sure I currently have it off but would like to use it since its there.

Armen
01-04-2018, 01:02 PM
Extremely unlikely.

ZR
01-04-2018, 01:47 PM
Saw question posted in another car forum, reply from a person in law enforcement was along the lines of camera could be seized as evidence against you in an at fault accident. Makes a person think.

Not4you
01-04-2018, 01:53 PM
I'm not a cop or a lawyer, but IMO I would guess that they coult not simply give you a speeding ticket for the sake of giving you one but if speed was a factor in accident avoidance than perhaps they would use this to determine fault.

RedSN
01-04-2018, 02:13 PM
... if speed was a factor in accident avoidance than perhaps they would use this to determine fault.
If they suspect speed as a factor in an incident, then they are going to pull the data log from the car anyway.

ZR
01-04-2018, 02:32 PM
Way more damming with a vid linked to gps for accuracy.