PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins...

stangstevers
02-01-2018, 07:58 AM
http://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/canada-news-pmn/suncor-energy-says-driverless-trucks-will-eliminate-a-net-400-positions

Truck drivers, taxi drivers, public transit drivers, etc... Better start working on a plan B... And then there's AI that will replace a lot of white collar positions as well...

I'd be only for such technology if us, the people, owned it. I mean if I could buy or build an AI to replace myself at work and still get a pay check, I'd be in... same for truck drivers... But reality is developing such technology is out of the hands of the average person so... it will belong to the 1% once again and soon we will be all slaves to the top brass of the world. Better stock up on ammo because there's a HUGE shift about to happen and I think it will be time to eat the rich at some point. Meanwhile our liberal governments are transferring wealth from the middle class to the poor with UBI talks and all that... There will literally only be those who beg for food and those who own 100% of the wealth no more middle ground.

We are FAAAKED!

5.4MarkVIII
02-01-2018, 08:39 AM
Automated driving will equal the single larges job loss we have ever seen in history.

There is no stopping it. But a lot of people are gonna feel the hurt

bluetoy
02-01-2018, 09:04 AM
The Matrix and/or Judgement day is becoming more of a reality every day.

Intmdtr
02-01-2018, 09:13 AM
AI is going to open the doors for a ton more lawsuits....as well as the real drivers getting the blame...because AI could do no wrong....

83 5.0
02-01-2018, 04:42 PM
Weren't we suppose to have flying cars by now?
Somehow I think the lawyers are going to be the grit in the gears with liability etc.
Don't get me wrong, some of this collision avoidance tech would be a real asset coupled with drivers now.

stangstevers
02-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Typewriters and automation were supposed to give us a 3 day work week lol