PDA

View Full Version : fox radiator air deflector?

90GT
02-13-2018, 11:59 AM
Anyone running anything different than the stock plastic one? UPR has an aluminum version and FBC has a carbon fibre version that looks nice. Any wild custom set ups around? How about the side air deflectors? Everyone running those as well? I know its kind of a lame question, Im just looking for ideas...haha!

Das 5.0
02-13-2018, 04:16 PM
No have the stock one on my 90 LX ....would be interested in a carbon fibre one though....

RedSN
02-13-2018, 05:35 PM
Maybe you guys don't have lowered cars, or maybe I need to stop driving over stuff, but mine gets hit often. I would think that aluminum or CF would get trashed.

Ponyryd
02-13-2018, 06:07 PM
I believe Paul (tulowd) made his own custom air dam from a semi truck mud flap or something like that

Mustang4
02-13-2018, 09:45 PM
I believe Paul (tulowd) made his own custom air dam from a semi truck mud flap or something like that
LOL.

90GT
02-15-2018, 08:22 AM
Maybe you guys don't have lowered cars, or maybe I need to stop driving over stuff, but mine gets hit often. I would think that aluminum or CF would get trashed.

I was thinking about this as well. The UPR aluminum deflector is apparently 1" taller than the plastic oem piece. My car isn't lowered that much, but still might be a challenge over speed bumps and crappy roads. The CF version, at $300, would be a disaster if it were to be scrapped and cracked...ugh...