PDA

View Full Version : great stories...

Darkhorse
03-01-2018, 09:56 AM
I'm really not into politics at all.......most people would have no clue which party I support, mostly because I don't support a party, I will vote for an individual in a seat if I think they are capable. I also never get into any heated arguments about politics, I'm just not passionate enough about it. Too busy trying to make a living.

Watching the news though, there is just too much going on today to ignore it.

Ontario:

Four candidates debated for the PC leadership, and it looks like a horse race. Ford, everyone knows what to expect with him, Elliot seems to be a seasoned politician (read between the lines there), Mulroney, a strong lawyer and Allen who doesn't seem to be well known.

I really think in this climate one of the women need to get this role, that's JMO. It's just the way it is. What I think it more important is whoever gets the role, will be able to appropriately challenge Trudeau who also continues to dig himself a pretty deep hole between veterans and his trip to India. What little respect there was seems to have evaporated.

U.S. Trump:

Trump's stalwart 29 year old staffer Hope Hicks has abandoned ship and it's a very big signal the guy is going to have some issues. At 29 years old, I think she probably said I'm not going down for this guy and not going to derail the rest of my career for him. She'd recently been grilled by intelligence around the Russia investigation. Her role has also had the most turnover in the history of politics under Trump. She seems to also be linked to Rob Porter, a Staff Secretary with a history of beating his wives who had to leave office once they came out.

real media, real drama.....cnn.

RedSN
03-01-2018, 10:40 AM
**cue the TMC pundits**

https://imgur.com/PLN529x.gif

92redragtop
03-01-2018, 11:45 AM
Interesting times for sure - and saw the news about Hicks jumping off the ship the day after a 9-hour grilling by the Security Committee.

Hunger Games - White House Edition continues.

I saw a part of the debate last night - interesting; Had no idea who she was but Allen is quite the firecracker.

Darkhorse
03-01-2018, 11:56 AM
**cue the TMC pundits**

https://imgur.com/PLN529x.gif

There are many!

WTF
03-01-2018, 12:43 PM
why do I get the feeling that this nutter Tanya Allen....all bent outta shape about the sex ed in schools.....is probably by far, the kinkiest in the sack?

Darkhorse
03-01-2018, 12:50 PM
I’m more concerned with Trump’s latest comments on gun control than a communications director moving on.

That's another tangent direction. So, innocent people get slaughtered in Florida the most horrible thing ever........

All I have to do is look through my Facebook feed, and you STILL see how divided everyone is on the gun issues, many people with really good points and arguments on both sides, people very passionate about eliminating guns and even more that feel guns are not the problem. It's interesting to watch, because everyone is my friend, but many of these people could not be in the same room with each other for 3 min based on values. It's free entertainment.

83 5.0
03-01-2018, 01:02 PM
That's another tangent direction. So, innocent people get slaughtered in Florida the most horrible thing ever........

All I have to do is look through my Facebook feed, and you STILL see how divided everyone is on the gun issues, many people with really good points and arguments on both sides, people very passionate about eliminating guns and even more that feel guns are not the problem. It's interesting to watch, because everyone is my friend, but many of these people could not be in the same room with each other for 3 min based on values. It's free entertainment.

I have a few colleagues from the states that are Facebook friends ( they are in New Hampshire) and usually pretty low key, but since they hunt, they are feeling they are in the cross hairs and have posted some 2 nd amendment opinions/ comments I wouldn't have expected.

As for PC Ontario leadership race, agree Christine Elliot should be the one facing down Wynne for this election, and then let Mulroney get some experience and voter trust to move on.
As much as I dislike Wynne, she knows how to politick, and would make Sushi of Doug Ford. Its a new era of politics led by a PM with high estrogen levels.

RedSN
03-01-2018, 01:54 PM
...prompted by Ford's claim that he witnessed "ballot stuffing" during the party nomination meeting in Scarborough Centre. "I am disturbed to hear, Doug, that you attended nominations and saw ballot stuffing and didn't do anything about it," said Mulroney. "Oh no no, hold on, Caroline," shot back Ford, "I find it pretty rich for you to say this, a person that got parachuted into your area, no competition," he said to cheers from his supporters.
Great come-back Doug. :sarcasm:

edit: "rolls eyes" or "facepalm" emoji did not properly convey intended sarcasm.

RedSN
03-01-2018, 04:14 PM
He totally did not address Mulroney's very valid point and just attacked her with an unrelated canned response equivalent to "I know you are, but what am I?". I wouldn't call that a "good response" or "quick thinking". That's "avoiding".

Quicksilver
03-01-2018, 05:02 PM
I honestly feel that Ford is the only candidate that REALLY wants to represent the taxpayer, and to do what's best for us. I don't think he's power tripping.
Having said that, I sort of feel that of the bunch, Elliot is probably the best choice. Especially against Wynne.

WTF
03-01-2018, 08:12 PM
Elliot is the only one who can diplomatically debate that hag Wynne without looking like a rookie

a) Mulroney needs more time as a sitting politician because she can't go off script...yet
b) Ford is all fucking slogan
c) nutbar Tanya would be sunk when Wynne asks her how she feels about lesbians

in a perfect world imo....

1) Elliot gets the nod and wins a majority
2) Ford wins his seat and becomes Finance Minister to perform the needed enema
3) Mulroney wins her seat and gets minister of Energy to figure out how to bail on this green energy contract theft
4) kinky Tanya wins her seat and gets 2 assistant Minister roles in both Energy and Education.....because it would be the gift that just keeps giving

and....#5

5) Patrick Brown wins his seat in Barrie as an independent......crosses the floor with an Elliot win and is made Attorney General to study the effects of SJWs on our society

92redragtop
03-01-2018, 08:16 PM
I don't see that wanting to be mayor and then wanting to be premier are in conflict. What's the matter with ambition and going after the best opportunity?

Perhaps his response could have been something along those lines? He would be polarizing and would likely push voters in the middle back to Wynne or to just abstain (same thing).

Stephen06GT
03-01-2018, 08:25 PM
...prompted by Ford's claim that he witnessed "ballot stuffing" during the party nomination meeting in Scarborough Centre. "I am disturbed to hear, Doug, that you attended nominations and saw ballot stuffing and didn't do anything about it," said Mulroney. "Oh no no, hold on, Caroline," shot back Ford, "I find it pretty rich for you to say this, a person that got parachuted into your area, no competition," he said to cheers from his supporters.

This response from Ford is the "pot calling the kettle black". He was parachuted into his city council seat when Rob became mayor. Then he parachuted into the mayors race when RF took ill and had to drop out, and then the nephew was parachuted into the council seat after that. This family should be running a jump school.

IanGTCS
03-01-2018, 08:56 PM
If Ford wins the PC nomination I think it would end up being the third time they shot themselves in the foot. Agreed he is just too polarizing a figure to go much beyond a certain level of support. Also his family is very wealthy so his everyman schtick rings false to me.

Elliot is really the only chance they have if they want to win the election.

Darkhorse
03-01-2018, 10:45 PM
5) Patrick Brown wins his seat in Barrie as an independent......crosses the floor with an Elliot win and is made Attorney General to study the effects of SJWs on our society

Attorney General........like that other shit show

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/michael-bryant-do-over-1.4483421

RedSN
03-02-2018, 12:51 AM
I honestly feel that Ford is the only candidate that REALLY wants to represent the taxpayer, and to do what's best for us. I don't think he's power tripping.
So you’re okay with handing over the keys to the province to an alleged drug dealer? You’re okay with overlooking the whole RY Drifters past? Patrick Brown is a Saint compared to this guy.

I really dislike the Dalton/Wynne government. But my God, the PC’s need to get there shit together to beat her. IMO, the only chance they have is with Elliott. She has experience, she is coherent, she is down to earth, she could give Wynne a run for the money.

WTF
03-02-2018, 08:31 AM
Attorney General........like that other shit show

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/michael-bryant-do-over-1.4483421

Bryant was drunk the whole time he was AG

imo....Brown would make a great AG.....who better than a guy who just got railroaded without one fucking ounce of due process to ensure the laws of our province are fair?.....and Brown doesn't drink so he's already got the edge on Bryant in that category

5.4MarkVIII
03-02-2018, 08:31 AM
Problem is it dosnt matter who get elected it will play out as it always does.
If they oust the liberals. Then will step in and in a short while it will be announced that we are far worse off then anyone realized and the Liberals have spent us into an unbeleavable hole. The only way out will be take sacrifice like increased revenue (taxes) or lower spending (cutbacks)

The idiot average voter who can’t comprehend how to properly bugit their own lives let alone the provinces, will flip out at how cruel and uncaring the conservatives are. And they will be promptly voted back out in 4 years and we will get the liberals back in to continue the spend train.

And that’s is all IF who ever get elected to lead the conservatives can actually manage to beat the liberals with their crazy sjw and thug union groups backing them up.

Stephen06GT
03-02-2018, 01:08 PM
Truth and reality^

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss." Just a different coloured tie.

83 5.0
03-02-2018, 01:53 PM
"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss." Just a different coloured tie.
"Won't get fooled again"! Great song

stangstevers
03-02-2018, 02:05 PM
Problem is it dosnt matter who get elected it will play out as it always does.
If they oust the liberals. Then will step in and in a short while it will be announced that we are far worse off then anyone realized and the Liberals have spent us into an unbeleavable hole. The only way out will be take sacrifice like increased revenue (taxes) or lower spending (cutbacks)

The idiot average voter who can’t comprehend how to properly bugit their own lives let alone the provinces, will flip out at how cruel and uncaring the conservatives are. And they will be promptly voted back out in 4 years and we will get the liberals back in to continue the spend train.

And that’s is all IF who ever get elected to lead the conservatives can actually manage to beat the liberals with their crazy sjw and thug union groups backing them up.

"yeah but they sold the 407"

LOL

Quicksilver
03-02-2018, 03:51 PM
Elliot is the only one who can diplomatically debate that hag Wynne without looking like a rookie

a) Mulroney needs more time as a sitting politician because she can't go off script...yet
b) Ford is all fucking slogan
c) nutbar Tanya would be sunk when Wynne asks her how she feels about lesbians

in a perfect world imo....

1) Elliot gets the nod and wins a majority
2) Ford wins his seat and becomes Finance Minister to perform the needed enema
3) Mulroney wins her seat and gets minister of Energy to figure out how to bail on this green energy contract theft
4) kinky Tanya wins her seat and gets 2 assistant Minister roles in both Energy and Education.....because it would be the gift that just keeps giving

and....#5

Tim, this makes a LOT of sense. I could go for that

Boomer
03-02-2018, 05:31 PM
Was talking to a few buddies about this Trump dude. Typical business man, will say anything to get the deal...and thinks he is the best at whatever he does. I can't believe he is the POTUS! All he has is that dumb slogan "Make America Great Again". One thing that we all agreed is "just because you're in charge doesn't mean your the smartest...LOL. God help the USA. I have been watching more of CNN just for shits and giggles.

92redragtop
03-02-2018, 07:04 PM
Was talking to a few buddies about this Trump dude. Typical business man, will say anything to get the deal...and thinks he is the best at whatever he does. I can't believe he is the POTUS! All he has is that dumb slogan "Make America Great Again". One thing that we all agreed is "just because you're in charge doesn't mean your the smartest...LOL. God help the USA. I have been watching more of CNN just for shits and giggles.

It's certainly entertaining (albeit SAD).

92redragtop
03-03-2018, 01:20 AM
Look up Bill Clinton’s slogan

So both Donald and Melania plagiarizes?

92redragtop
03-03-2018, 03:16 AM
Trump gets called out for having a ridiculous slogan, that turns out to be the exact slogan that was just fine for Bill Clinton and instead of hypocrisy, plagiarism come to mind.

Sure Clinton is a hypocrite but he is old news (said it back in 1992, cannot come back by law, and should just stay in retirement now) whereas it's 25 years later so yeah, plagiarism and maybe a few "white lies" thrown in for good measure. No original thought there which is evident in the slow trainwreck on Pennsylvania Ave.

RedSN
03-03-2018, 09:52 AM
MAKE ONTARIO GREAT AGAIN!

MOGA, MOGA, MOGA

let’s get some hats

RedSN
03-03-2018, 10:26 AM
MTADTA?
That’s not a very good slogan at all. See, you need to make it so people can chant it. No, I wouldn’t give you $20 for a hat like that.

83 5.0
03-03-2018, 12:14 PM
MTADTA?
That’s not a very good slogan at all. See, you need to make it so people can chant it. No, I wouldn’t give you $20 for a hat like that.

I bought the Tee Shirt.

92redragtop
03-03-2018, 12:15 PM
MAKE ONTARIO GREAT AGAIN!

MOGA, MOGA, MOGA

let’s get some hats

Call China.

92redragtop
03-03-2018, 12:17 PM
I don't see how the dots connected to making Bill Clinton a hypocrite.

Let's steer topic diversions and misdirection's back to our own train-wrecks, Ontario provincial politics, lots of fodder there.

That's fine.

Darkhorse
03-10-2018, 09:40 PM
STILL a horse race!