PDA

View Full Version : Big brother will soon be watching us...

Stephen06GT
03-07-2018, 02:03 PM
more than they already are.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4065923/database-cars-trucks-canada-government-climate/

RedSN
03-07-2018, 02:09 PM
They already have the data. They are just going to spend $0.5M to process it?

Not really sure it's "Big Brother".

Laffs
03-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Ya I feel like they already have all of this through provincial vehicle registrations, this is more or less turning the aggregate data in to something they can extract information from. This is more an attempt at Big Data than Big Brother.

Because it's the government handling it I feel like "the database" is going to be some .XLS file with like 7 columns and 50 millions rows that crashes every time they open. Maybe they'll have a senior lead on the project really pushing the envelop with some vlookup formulas and daring conditional formatting.

5.4MarkVIII
03-07-2018, 05:56 PM
Is this data collection about what you own IE regerstration?

I thought they were looking for data as in where you drive, how you drive, when you drive ect ect.

True Blue
03-07-2018, 07:12 PM
"The government says it will spend a maximum of $510,000 on the contract."

Why do I have a feeling this will end up costing us over $5mil once all is said and done...

StAnger
03-07-2018, 07:23 PM
Every last one of those Liberal pieces of shit need to drawn and quartered.

From that Islamist piece of shit Trudeau to that Climate Barbie ****.

BackinBlack
03-07-2018, 07:41 PM
Every last one of those Liberal pieces of shit need to drawn and quartered.

From that Islamist piece of shit Trudeau to that Climate Barbie ****.

St Anger , I salute you. That is exactly how I feel, its embarrassing to be a Canadian.

RedSN
03-07-2018, 08:04 PM
I thought they were looking for data as in where you drive, how you drive, when you drive ect ect.
Because the media has been advertising it as “data collection” and “tracking”.

It’s basically just organizing the data they already have so that a million dollars later they can tell you what we already know: soccer moms are driving big 4-door V8 pickups to drop off their kids at school.

an inventory of all new vehicle registrations, broken down by year. It will contain detailed information about light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles, including brand, model, series, type of fuel, province of registration and detailed information with respect to the motors.

83 5.0
03-07-2018, 09:12 PM
Looks like a make work program for a Liberal hanger on, given the small amount ($.5 million is chump change in government contracts), the term "advance contract award notice " seems to me , to sound like it was a done deal even before it was announced.

ADVANCE CONTRACT AWARD NOTICE (ACAN)

1. Advance Contract Award Notice (ACAN)

An ACAN is a public notice indicating to the supplier community that a department or agency intends to award a contract for goods, services or construction to a pre-identified supplier