PDA

View Full Version : Car audio help needed

NickD
03-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Ive been shopping new speakers to upgrade the sound in my 2018 and down to three choices. I have not been able to hear any of these in a car.

Focal Flax series
PS 165 F3

Hertz Mille Pro (not legend)
MPK 163.3 pro

Audison Voce
AVK6 + AV3

Will be run active 4 way
What would you go with?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Scrape
03-19-2018, 04:23 PM
Listen to them all and compare and see what your ears like. My initial thinking is Focal but I am basing this on home speakers as a reference.

Old Fart
03-19-2018, 04:30 PM
I've always chosen a speaker with the highest sensitivity rating within my price range.

edit: After looking at all your choices...all their sensitivity ratings are very close. So I'm no help here, lol.

NickD
03-19-2018, 04:47 PM
Scape, no dealer carries all 3 and most don't have the 3 way speakers set up, and listening to them in a board vs car sounds completely different.

Sensitivity is not a concern I will likely have over 300wRMS per side drivided among the three drivers.

I'm leaning a bit to the focal as well just because I know I like a brighter sound which they are known for and the Voces are talked about as being "smoother" which I find normally means silk dome and less forward.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Speedtospare
03-19-2018, 06:42 PM
Heard these the other days and I was impressed. https://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/t3652-s/