PDA

View Full Version : Leafs Playoff and Raps Playoff thread.....:)

ALLKHEINZ
04-08-2018, 10:51 PM
so who has the Leafs going deep? who has the Raps going deep?

I have the Leafs failing but cant decide if it will be in rd 1 or 2.......i wanna give them some credit but there past dictates my opinions 99% of the time....it would be a huge fail if they lay an egg in rd 1 and lose to Boston after the season they just had but i cant resist taking Boston in Rd 1......Should the Leafs make it to the next rd that will be all she wrote, i think they are a 60/40 dog in rd one and likely even worse then that in rd 2....

Raps have had a great season but seems they cant turn regular season success into anything significant come playoff time, the one time they faced Lebron they got schooled and only hung with them when the Cavs went from full throttle to half throttle in those 2 Toronto home games, when Cavs went back to 75% throttle it was ball game over for the Raps....I have the Raps flunking out before the Conference finals....im open to wager either way up to that point, ill take the Raps or the others i dont care just like to have some skin in the game on the series....should Raps make the 3rd round im 100% they lose in rd 3 so my money would be on them losing in rd 3 should they get that far...

ZR
04-09-2018, 08:45 AM
Hope they both go all the way.

Stephen06GT
04-09-2018, 09:59 AM
GO BRUINS!!!!

Boomer
04-09-2018, 01:04 PM
GO BRUINS too, but they didn't look all that great in the last few games...I hate to say it but Leafs may end up taking them in round one.

V6416
04-09-2018, 01:42 PM
Leafs are taking round 1 in 7 :). If we got Tampa, it would be an early exit. Hopefully the lightning will be pushed hard so we have a chance come 2nd round.
Raptors... well that's a toss up. Exciting times ahead anyhow for us Toronto fans

Gr8Stang
04-09-2018, 02:07 PM
Nice to see some fellow Bruins fans here. :cool: I think the difference will be in goal tending, favoring the Bruins. Andersen is good, but I'm betting less fresh (played a lot more games then Rask). Reminds me of the Flame Kipersoft....great goalie, but overplayed. The other biggie...don't think he has the playoff experience Rask has.

Bottom line, goal tending tending wins championships; a hot goalie will take a team a loooooooooong way. We'll see which goalie is hotter.

IF there's any weakness on the Bruins, it's the number of new, inexperienced players coming into their 1st NHL playoffs. New season starts Thursday!

Screw
04-09-2018, 05:03 PM
If I don’t watch the Leafs they will win ...kinda superstitious lol , seems like I watch a game & opposition always comes back ...I’ll stick to highlights for you leafs fans

Darkhorse
04-09-2018, 05:27 PM
I just want the Leafs to feed it to the Bruins, I don't care what happens after that.

The raps......well.....GO RAPS GO!

ALLKHEINZ
05-01-2018, 11:27 PM
Leafs are Toast.....Raptors Choked in Game 1......not beating Lebron anyway so wont be far behind the Leafs reserving a T Time...

ALLKHEINZ
05-01-2018, 11:30 PM
I just want the Leafs to feed it to the Bruins, I don't care what happens after that.

The raps......well.....GO RAPS GO!

Boston Fed it to the Leafs.....

Raps scared of MVP Lebron....wont win that series!

Darkhorse
05-02-2018, 08:22 AM
Boston Fed it to the Leafs.....

Raps scared of MVP Lebron....wont win that series!

Kudos to Van Fleet for not backing down from Lebron. He was ready to throw down last night.

Love couldn't handle JV down low either.

The result leaves me speechless tho. Can't blame the refs on last night, they could have and should have won that game 10 times over. A hard lesson and they should just accept the smack talk that will go with it.

I watched the game.....it was the Raps to lose and they lost it BIG.

Darkhorse
05-02-2018, 02:41 PM
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/drake-vs-kendrick-perkins-tiff-reminder-entertainer-raptors-fan-not-actual-raptor-173120493.html

ALLKHEINZ
05-02-2018, 08:36 PM
Corey Im offering 5-1 Odds on $100 Cleveland now goes on to win the series....:)

remember at the beginning of the season i said it would be Boston vs Cavs for the east and they would be facing GSW in the finals.....GSW will smash whoever wins the East anyway....but the Raptors thing is looking to be a broken record aswell....once they play a good team OR Lebron its ball game over!

Ponyryd
05-02-2018, 09:26 PM
^Damn that’s tempting. I’d love to see the Raptors win it.

ALLKHEINZ
05-04-2018, 12:04 AM
^Damn that’s tempting. I’d love to see the Raptors win it.

Raps may not even win a game at this point....they have never won a playoff game in Cleveland so having to win 2 now you can see the writing on the wall....and anyone that thinks this Raptor team can beat Lebron 4 of 5 games needs to go to the doctor and get there head examined....time to dump the coach and the core of this team, they are regular season beasts but come playoff time they dont have what it takes....if they stick with what they have then expect more of the same next year and the next and the next....The fans in this city are no joke, they come out in droves, they spend spend spend, the only joke in this city are the Teams with the word Toronto in them.....none of the big 3 can cut it when it counts.

ALLKHEINZ
05-07-2018, 05:27 PM
get the brooms out for the Raptors.....another FAIL! thats 5 years with this core, wholesale changes due, these players and this coach aren't getting it done!

FoxRod
05-07-2018, 05:41 PM
If DC coaches the Cavs and TL the Raps, outcome would be the same, Lebronto is a generational player, much like MJ was doing to the Nicks, Pacers and the rest of the East...and yeah the Raps are a regular season team. We all know it's a new season in the Playoffs, and you can't have a $20mil/yr player (cough Demar) sitting on the bench in the 4th quarter, maybe wait to see if LBJ leaves the Eastern Conf to go to the Lakers. If not, same ole next year....

Ponyryd
05-07-2018, 08:59 PM
get the brooms out for the Raptors.....another FAIL! thats 5 years with this core, wholesale changes due, these players and this coach aren't getting it done!

I still think they did great this season, gotta give them at least some credit.

Darkhorse
05-11-2018, 02:06 PM
Dwayne Casey fired right on queue.

Masai Ujuri should have fired himself too though!

ALLKHEINZ
05-11-2018, 09:56 PM
I still think they did great this season, gotta give them at least some credit.

nahhhh....cant give credit for such a flop of a team. The fact they won 59 games makes the playoff fail that much worse....a team that wins the east and is number #1 seed should make the conf final as a bare minimum....Indiana pushed the Cavs to 7 games in the first Rd, Raps couldnt even win a game...Casey's rein as coach was played out already, this was his last kick at the can to go deep in a playoff run.....as long as this core rules the roost on this team expect the same results....like i predict every year in these threads....Raps, Leafs, Jays will eternally fail.....its just the way it is in Toronto. Fans deserve a winner but unfortunately the wait is likely to be many many years possibly even decades....i already know when the playoffs come that Toronto teams arent good enough, i enjoy the journey already knowing the ending, i enjoy watching how they will PHUCK it up some way shape or form each and every single season...i have zero optimism and yes i am a pessimist.....i guess Leafs not winning a cup or even playing a finals game in 51 seasons can do that to a person....aslong as the Raps lack a true Superstar or 2 they will also fail, atleast the Jays gave me 2 world series victories but i expect them to be in the tank for the next 20+ years like they were after 92 and 93.....

Ponyryd
05-12-2018, 11:09 AM
Lol, to each their own I guess, I enjoy watching lose games more than anything, and there were quite a few this year so it was nice to see for me. Winning isn’t everything and it’s a super tight field, but yea I can see your point.