PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Maple Leafs 2018 Run for the Stanley Cup...

Minaccia
04-08-2018, 11:40 PM
Our mighty Toronto Maple Leafs are back in the play offs and up against the Boston Bruins in round 1, should be a great series and you know the young Leafs are going to be flying out there and I'm hoping the Bruins injuries catch up to them now that the play offs are here and the level of the game changes.

The Leafs have a good chance to beat Boston with their speed but we will need our goalies to be there in every game, I can see the Maple Leafs winning round 1 in 7 games.

GoLeafsGo!

Screw
04-09-2018, 06:47 AM
Go leafs go !!

ZR
04-09-2018, 08:43 AM
Cool to see them doing so well.
Give em hell Leafs.

https://tce-live2.s3.amazonaws.com/media/media/18b2600f-0422-4585-bbe0-3c8e15b24595.jpghttps://tce-live2.s3.amazonaws.com/media/media/18b2600f-0422-4585-bbe0-3c8e15b24595.jpg

Stephen06GT
04-09-2018, 09:59 AM
Go BRUINS!!!

Screw
04-09-2018, 06:48 PM
....Leafs will be advancing

WTF
04-09-2018, 07:10 PM
don't know what's gonna happen this year.....but I can guess there is a difference from years past....and especially recent years past

these teams do not want to face us now in the playoffs

this is a different team then they're used too....this is a different team then we're used too

go leafs go

daddy2000gt
04-09-2018, 08:20 PM
leafs make third round at least... just my 2 cents...

go Buds!!!

ALLKHEINZ
04-10-2018, 07:55 PM
Leafs will likely lose to Boston, and whatever they did in the season will be a complete failure...they have no more then 2 rds in them max....if they beat boston atleast it will be an improvement over last season but i think they are 60/40 dog....anybody wanna throw money behind the leafs to win in rd one ill take Boston :) (ill still be cheering for the Leafs i bet with my brain not my heart!)

Scrape
04-11-2018, 07:47 PM
Some predictions are looking good for the Leafs. GO LEAFS GO!

http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nhl/news/nhl-playoffs-2018-bruins-maple-leafs-schedule-picks-predictions-odds-first-round/k4sz1yn42y80193huwmo1zpoj (http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nhl/news/nhl-playoffs-2018-bruins-maple-leafs-schedule-picks-predictions-odds-first-round/k4sz1yn42y80193huwmo1zpoj)

ALLKHEINZ
04-12-2018, 10:01 PM
Guess the NHL's super coach Babcock couldnt have his team ready to go for the playoffs....Leafs get destroyed in game 1.......last time the Leafs won a game 1 was against Philly in 2003....lmfao!!! will be a short series, over in 5 or 6 in Bostons favor.

ALLKHEINZ
04-14-2018, 09:12 PM
Leafs STINK!.......i called the fail and they are sticking to tradition, the one of losing!!! not winning 4 of next 5 games against the Bruins....series is over, na na na na.......na na na na......eh eh eh GABYE!!!!

55 HD
04-14-2018, 10:16 PM
I thought this was best of 7......we are in game 2, or did I miss something?

Screw
04-14-2018, 10:24 PM
Wth boys wake up

Darkhorse
04-14-2018, 11:37 PM
I thought this was best of 7......we are in game 2, or did I miss something?

They ain't winning four games after losing the first two like that. The odds are slim and none.

ALLKHEINZ
04-15-2018, 02:04 AM
They ain't winning four games after losing the first two like that. The odds are slim and none.

yes and slim has left the building already so the odds are NONE!!!! Leafs are done like dinner, i never had them winning the series, called them a 60/40 dog and before the season even started i said they will flunk out of the playoffs again because of the Goaltending and D......hit the nail on the head with that one....ohh well, like a cd on repeat all the Leafs failing in the playoffs is the same crap year after year and thats if and when they actually make the playoffs.....what a waste of a pretty good season, we all expected more, sure its only 2 games but cmon, nobody in there right mind thinks theya re gonna win the next 4 or even 4/5 ....time to move onto the Raps who atleast won a game 1 for a change...

Screw
04-15-2018, 06:42 AM
Might as well of hung a shirt on the net aka goalie

55 HD
04-16-2018, 10:04 PM
Good game Boy's. You showed up and played tonight, keep it up.

Scrape
04-16-2018, 10:13 PM
It’s about time Leafs! :choke:

Screw
04-16-2018, 11:08 PM
I didn’t watch who won ?

ALLKHEINZ
04-17-2018, 12:31 AM
they still wont win 3 of next 4 before boston wins 2 more.....and if they do they are just coaxing us all in to the inevitable downfall....always bet against the Leafs, easy money, they never win! :)

Darkhorse
04-17-2018, 07:46 AM
they had to win that one and I'm sure glad they did cause I don't know what we'd be doing if we lost.

Going back to what someone said before, a few lucky bounces and goal posts as well.

StAnger
04-17-2018, 07:55 AM
they had to win that one and I'm sure glad they did cause I don't know what we'd be doing if we lost.

I don't know what you'd be doing, but I'm sure they'd be doing a lot of golfing.

ZR
04-17-2018, 08:18 AM
Great game.

Screw
04-17-2018, 02:45 PM
I missed a good game eh did Palmateer play :D

ALLKHEINZ
04-19-2018, 09:47 PM
thank god this series will be over in 5 games.....feel bad for the people that actually pay money to go to watch them play or stand out in the freezing cold for 2.5hrs expecting them to win in the playoffs....Toronto Maple Leafs are a complete JOKE!!! and the joke is on the fans.

put the cd in the cd player pick the worst song and the repeat all button.....thats the Leafs!

55 HD
04-19-2018, 10:28 PM
I thought they played a good game, they just didn't win. But I'm not going to rip them a new ass hole. I'm a fan of all teams and the sport from my living room as I won't pay the price for any sporting event. JMO

ALLKHEINZ
04-20-2018, 12:55 AM
i dunno, id say they have been ripping us a new azzhole for 51 years.....51 years of not even a single game in a stanley cup final, decades of people born from the 70's to the 2010's have zero hint or even a sniff of any kinda playoff success.....best they could do in this city since 1967 in any single playoff run is win 11 games.....ive said it about past regimes and ill say it about this one....this coach, this management, these players will not be the ones to bring a stanley cup to Toronto.....in fact i dont think the right combo of the above even exists, i believe the Leafs will not win a cup in my lifetime...im in my mid 40's and if i can get to the mid 70's i still think they will be lowering my casket into the ground sometime in and around the year 2048 without a Leafs Stanley Cup.....its just the Toronto way!

Burns
04-20-2018, 10:04 AM
i dunno, id say they have been ripping us a new azzhole for 51 years.....51 years of not even a single game in a stanley cup final, decades of people born from the 70's to the 2010's have zero hint or even a sniff of any kinda playoff success.....best they could do in this city since 1967 in any single playoff run is win 11 games.....ive said it about past regimes and ill say it about this one....this coach, this management, these players will not be the ones to bring a stanley cup to Toronto.....in fact i dont think the right combo of the above even exists, i believe the Leafs will not win a cup in my lifetime...im in my mid 40's and if i can get to the mid 70's i still think they will be lowering my casket into the ground sometime in and around the year 2048 without a Leafs Stanley Cup.....its just the Toronto way!

Heinz, you are just cheering for the wrong team!

Darkhorse
04-20-2018, 11:44 AM
Not sure how many years it's been so far, but Shanny and Babcock are top shelf resources, the results are still just not there yet.

Must be frustrating..........Toronto has to make way deeper changes I would think.

or.....they could surprise us all and win the next three straight with two on the road.

Minaccia
04-20-2018, 01:44 PM
Toronto has not looked like the team that played Washington in the play offs last year this team looks like it's out of steam and the Kadri suspension didn't help them one bit. Love the Leafs but can't see them beating Boston this year.

Not sure how many years it's been so far, but Shanny and Babcock are top shelf resources, the results are still just not there yet.

Must be frustrating..........Toronto has to make way deeper changes I would think.

or.....they could surprise us all and win the next three straight with two on the road.

ALLKHEINZ
04-21-2018, 12:25 AM
Leafs never surprise me, i expect them to lose and they always do.....a surprise would be them actually doing something like win a playoff series or two.....all this past season did was give all Toronto fans a false sense that the Leafs improved and are better then they truly are, i judge a team by how they can crank it up come playoff time....i question what they actually learned last season vs Washington because they came out with zero jam in the first 2 games this year...who do we blame for that? coach? i mean this guy is suppose to be the second coming of Scotty Bowman but didnt have them ready to play when the puck dropped in game 1.....i dont see much to be proud of in Leafs land, who actually cares if they had a record season if it means they are golfing a week later....in my book its the same ol same ol year after year decade after decade.....lots of promises with no results!!!

ZR
04-21-2018, 08:16 AM
Season had me thinking (ok hoping) tides of change had finally arrived, all for not.

55 HD
04-21-2018, 10:58 PM
Thanks to the Boy's in Blue. Bring it home for Monday we want to see more.

Scrape
04-22-2018, 06:44 AM
It was a nail biter of a game in the third period...damn. But they won and that is all that matters.

ZR
04-22-2018, 08:27 AM
Go Leafs Go!!!

Scrape
04-22-2018, 08:48 AM

ALLKHEINZ
04-22-2018, 10:57 PM
Lets see if they can force it to a game seven and get that prior game 7 monkey off there back......if they want to say they made progress this year then they need to find a way to win this series....anything less then them coming back and winning the series is a fail in my book....instead of finding a way to lose id like them to change and find a way to win....likely a pipe dream, thats why i bet on the Bruins to win this series.

55 HD
04-24-2018, 07:40 AM
Well lets not stop cheering on the Boy's in Blue........Here we go with game 7. I see Heinz is getting a little softer in his post now. lol.... The way BOTH teams are playing they are equally matched IMO. I won't be surprised either way but would like to see more hockey this year from the Leaf's. GO LEAF'S GO

ZR
04-24-2018, 07:41 AM
Man oh man did they ever get it done.

WidowrRacing
04-24-2018, 09:45 AM
GO LEAFS GO!

Laffs
04-24-2018, 09:55 AM
Hell of a game to watch. Took the leafs going far in my office bracket, so far I'm 100% on my picks and if the Leafs can do what I know they can I'll continue that trend. GLG

Screw
04-24-2018, 10:48 AM
I would absolutely like to see them go far in the run ..... but we need good D-men or should I say better than what we have .Defensive errors cost games & the same token a tough D will win em too , especially with the talent and speed up front .
GLG but man they always seem to take the bumpy road ;)

55 HD
04-24-2018, 04:22 PM
The penalty box is what will beat them, they have to stay out of it, as Boston has a very strong power play. Ya agree the defense needs some help for sure.

ALLKHEINZ
04-24-2018, 04:41 PM
Well lets not stop cheering on the Boy's in Blue........Here we go with game 7. I see Heinz is getting a little softer in his post now. lol.... The way BOTH teams are playing they are equally matched IMO. I won't be surprised either way but would like to see more hockey this year from the Leaf's. GO LEAF'S GO

im not soft.....it really doesnt make a difference what they do in game 7 because they will lose eventually unless you actually think they can win the Stanley Cup? lets just think about that, they would likely have to beat Tampa, Then one of Washington/Pittsburgh, then likely a solid western team like Winnipeg, Nashville, San Jose.....anyone think that is gonna happen? LMFAO!!! so like i said put your money on the others cuz its guaranteed money in your pocket.....how soft is that for you? :)

Screw
04-24-2018, 05:32 PM
Ya I hear ur a big teddy soft ^^^llol
They will lose eventually.....that’s brilliant
Btw nice to hear you chirping :D

ALLKHEINZ
04-24-2018, 10:06 PM
Ya I hear ur a big teddy soft ^^^llol
They will lose eventually.....that’s brilliant
Btw nice to hear you chirping :D

most Leaf fans have hard time facing reality and are satisfied with just making the playoffs or shallow playoff runs.... thats all they have done since i started watching them in the mid 70's so i dont expect anything but more of the same....they havent even played in one stanley cup final game in my life so its quite easy for me to be a pessimist....frankly its quite easy to be one for any of the big 3 Toronto sports teams....truth be told we all know none of them ever win titles i just have an easier time admitting it....wish it was different but i lost hope a long time ago.

Screw
04-25-2018, 10:13 PM
No D suks

ALLKHEINZ
04-25-2018, 10:32 PM
and there she goes.....another season over in Leafs land and the same broken record playing over and over again....ohh well, easy $100 for me with the Boston win. said it before, easiest money in Town is bet against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Screw
04-25-2018, 10:40 PM
I was wishful but can’t stress enough D lapses cost games & until they get solid blueliners you’re not going anywhere

WidowrRacing
04-25-2018, 10:58 PM
They lost it in the 3rd!
Gardiner was tough to watch with a minus 5 night.
Oh well....still lots of great playoff hockey left.

AND

Go Raps Go!

USAWIT2
04-26-2018, 07:17 AM
Gardiner cost them 4 goals out of 6 by his shit play, maybe 5 for all I know as I shut it off when it was 6-4. He should have sat after the 1st

Screw
04-26-2018, 07:33 AM
Gardiner cost them 4 goals out of 6 by his shit play, maybe 5 for all I know as I shot it off when it was 6-4. He should have sat after the 1st

Yup ^^^

StAnger
04-26-2018, 07:38 AM
One positive. Golf season is just around the corner.

mavrrrick
04-26-2018, 07:47 AM
I want the Leafs to carry my coffin when I die.....they can let me down one last time!!!

55 HD
04-26-2018, 09:28 AM
Was a good season to watch I have to admit. But playoff time is not their game yet. We know it could have gone either way last night as this was evident through most of the game. Third period was a big disappointment and as mentioned above Gardiner was stiff out there and should have been sat.

Stephen06GT
04-26-2018, 12:23 PM
Did I mention, GO BRUINS!!!

WTF
04-26-2018, 07:21 PM
disappointed in the finish...but if it means the Leafs build an even better team then bring it on

our elite young superstars were fucking man-handled, beaten up and pretty much non-existent in this series

it's a wake-up call on how the likes of Matthews, Marner and Nylander train in the off season....aka....put on some fucking beef and learn to throw punches

seems there's two sets of rules and two seasons in the NHL

1) reg season - goon hockey outlawed and let the elite not even suffer a slash
2) post season - old school goon hockey and hope you survive

imo....Babcock put an Olympic winning Hockey team on the ice....and we were beat right the fuck up by a bunch of goons

special mention to Brad Marchand.....a punk just begging for 240lbs of raging karma...and I can't wait for that to happen

my 2 angry cents

G-ForceJunkie
04-26-2018, 08:41 PM
Completely agree with above. NHL Playoff hockey favours goon teams like the Bruins and penalizes teams that play actual hockey. After 7 games it looked like the Leafs were finally starting to play a little dirty, but the Bruins owned them at that for the first 6.

ALLKHEINZ
04-27-2018, 01:00 AM
The 2018/19 Leafs Playoff thread will end the same way...IN FAILURE!

nothing will change in Leafs land, the record has been skipping in the same basic spot for 51 years, what makes anyone think its about to change....different names on Jerseys, Different coaches, Different management...all with the next 5 year plan, the last 10 versions of the 5 year plan have failed and the current regime is well on the way with its 8 million dollar a year coach to doing exactly the same thing....i give this current clan another 2-3 years before they too will throw in the towel and get outta dodge or be axed for continuous FAILURE!...

just some food for thought....in 51 years the deepest single playoff run only resulted in 11 wins....5 shy of winning a Stanley Cup, next best being a pair of 10 game winners....so in 51 seasons since the last cup in 1967 and 51 different teams iced there were 3 half decent playoff runs.....make it 4 if you count the 1977-78 Leafs that beat the Islanders and then got slaughtered by the Canadians in the Semi Final 4 straight....so with that being said I personally look at the teams history and know that its a pipe dream to think in the post 6 team League era of today the Leafs have any chance of winning a Stanley Cup or even qualifying to play in one....

55 HD
04-27-2018, 06:59 AM
^^^^ you thrive on negativity man. Go have some fun. lol

ZR
04-27-2018, 07:19 AM
I was alive to witness the leafs win a Stanley Cup..............fuck I'm old.

ALLKHEINZ
04-28-2018, 12:44 AM
^^^^ you thrive on negativity man. Go have some fun. lol

its not negativity its just calling it as i see it.....hopefully some day things change and we have some teams in this city that actually win some hardware.... i dont really give much cred to MLS or CFL but atleast Toronto actually won something.... lets get back on this topic next year at this time and see if anything has changed in Leafs land.....personally i think it will be more of the same. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I want the Leafs to carry my coffin when I die.....they can let me down one last time!!!

so true!

Screw
04-29-2018, 10:08 AM
Good hockey last night , don’t see much of Vegas , great series , solid teams

ALLKHEINZ
04-29-2018, 10:27 PM
been 25 years since a Canadian team hoisted the Stanley Cup.....gonna be a tough road but Id like the Jets to win the Cup.

Darkhorse
04-30-2018, 07:18 AM
The preds jets game was great playoff hockey last night.

ALLKHEINZ
04-30-2018, 07:40 PM
https://image.ibb.co/jWLiw7/when_leafs_win.jpg

Screw
09-29-2018, 08:16 PM
Luigi gonna start a new Leafs thread for this year?.....it’s that time , Tavares going to make an impact ?

Minaccia
09-29-2018, 08:30 PM
Here you go buddy and your cousin better deliver or he's washing dishes in Greekville next summer. http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?13861-Toronto-Maple-Leafs-2019-Stanley-Cup-not-it-s-for-real&p=270805#post270805

Luigi gonna start a new Leafs thread for this year?.....it’s that time , Tavares going to make an impact ?