PDA

View Full Version : Gas Rant

CON VERT
04-14-2018, 07:15 AM
Gas in Ajax this morning is $135.9 , Costco $114.9, the difference is more than a few cents, like to the tune of $17.00 a fill up , WTF ,Rant OFF !

Scrape
04-14-2018, 07:39 AM
I feel your pain.

ZR
04-14-2018, 08:48 AM
We are getting fucked 117 ways to Sunday.

StAnger
04-14-2018, 09:04 AM
These two are the primary reasons for the situation

https://images.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/news/insight/2015/10/29/a-look-at-justin-trudeaus-hands-on-approach-to-politics/trudeau-wynne2.jpg

Honorable mention to this idiot.

https://images.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/opinion/editorials/2018/04/12/trudeau-must-lead-on-both-pipeline-and-climate-change/notley.jpg.size-custom-crop.0x650.jpg

And this one

https://www.nationalobserver.com/sites/nationalobserver.com/files/styles/nat_header_full_size/public/img/2017/07/25/screen_shot_2017-07-25_at_1.58.19_pm.png?itok=xFgR40Cl

Oh and this wack of wastes of oxygen

https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2016/11/29/KinderMorgan.jpg

There are others, but these are the Canadian made causes and contributors to the situation.

bbriann
04-14-2018, 10:09 AM
Ya gas prices are soooo out of control. Remember when prices were hitting 80 cents people made voices load clear that they were not happy about it...made absolutely no difference ...prices of fuel skies the limit. Higher prices the more the taxes the government collects, therefore no incentive to stop rising prices

Armen
04-14-2018, 10:13 AM
I filled up last night at 125. I didn't really need fuel but I figured if the power goes out for any length of time, it might be best to be prepared. ICEMAGEDDON!

newbiestangowner
04-14-2018, 10:19 AM
I filled up last night at 125. I didn't really need fuel but I figured if the power goes out for any length of time, it might be best to be prepared. ICEMAGEDDON!

Good point Chris ! I didn’t think of that ; so since I have to go out today I might as well gas up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55 HD
04-14-2018, 10:22 AM
I have a love hate relationship with Premier John Horgan. Very proud of his accomplishments in life. He is my first cousin and 2 years younger than me. Do we always agree.......NOT

True Blue
04-14-2018, 10:24 AM

I did the same for both my DD's.

Armen
04-14-2018, 10:30 AM
I did the same for both my DD's.

I also stocked up on groceries. And by groceries I mean bread and sandwich meats. Did you buy sandwich meats? Because you can never have enough sandwich meats. Honey Ham, Roast Chicken, Roast Beef... The choices are really quite endless. Sandwich meats.

Blackmare
04-14-2018, 10:37 AM
I also stocked up on groceries. And by groceries I mean bread and sandwich meats. Did you buy sandwich meats? Because you can never have enough sandwich meats. Honey Ham, Roast Chicken, Roast Beef... The choices are really quite endless. Sandwich meats.Lol. Bought about two weeks worth of sandwich meats yesterday and both cars are full of gas.

Blackmare
04-14-2018, 10:45 AM
And beer. I bought two cases of beer.

Snaketamer
04-14-2018, 11:49 AM
I also stocked up on groceries. And by groceries I mean bread and sandwich meats. Did you buy sandwich meats? Because you can never have enough sandwich meats. Honey Ham, Roast Chicken, Roast Beef... The choices are really quite endless. Sandwich meats.

Uh....fatal flaw in your plan...omission of beer. Is this a lapse in judgment or down right negligence??? :facepalm:

True Blue
04-14-2018, 12:04 PM

Being Italian I have enough cured meats and wine in the cold cellar to last me a month :)

FABMAN
04-14-2018, 03:04 PM
Being Italian I have enough cured meats and wine in the cold cellar to last me a month :)

There is something I can relate to. Between meats, sauce and pasta we can probably last until fall...lol

Darkhorse
04-14-2018, 11:26 PM
Get ready for 1.50 by summer.

stangstevers
04-15-2018, 06:33 AM
Seriously looking at a Chevy volt or bolt for a DD...

Harbinger
04-15-2018, 09:58 AM
Seriously looking at a Chevy volt or bolt for a DD...I'm considering a prius of all things :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Minaccia
04-15-2018, 09:58 AM
Nothing like owning a car where the government will control your fuel, no thanks I'll support Shell, Petro-Can and the others instead.

RedSN
04-15-2018, 10:18 AM
....no thanks I'll support Shell, Petro-Can and the others instead.

....where the Saudis control your fuel.

Windjammer
04-15-2018, 10:39 AM
I'm considering a prius of all things :(

There is a big problem with these vehicles and small sewing machine engines with their high boost turbos that no one seems to talk about. Some of these engines are pretty sweet and will go like hell but they require 91 or better. They are not all that fuel efficient either when you are on boost and they sound like shit IMO when they are at 3000 and above rpm which is most of the time with a 1.5 or 2 l. The new Honda Civic wants 91 as did my Merc 2 l. It will run on regular but with a substantial noticeable hit on performance when the computer dials it back and you know warranty will be an issue if you do that. I wonder about long term/high mileage reliability as these things run some very significant boost?

Bksrt8
04-15-2018, 10:58 AM
Somebody slap this guy in the back of the head....hes gone dormant i think, we need to restart him!

Harbinger
04-15-2018, 10:58 AM
There is a big problem with these vehicles and small sewing machine engines with their high boost turbos that no one seems to talk about. Some of these engines are pretty sweet and will go like hell but they require 91 or better. They are not all that fuel efficient either when you are on boost and they sound like shit IMO when they are at 3000 and above rpm which is most of the time with a 1.5 or 2 l. The new Honda Civic wants 91 as did my Merc 2 l. It will run on regular but with a substantial noticeable hit on performance when the computer dials it back and you know warranty will be an issue if you do that. I wonder about long term/high mileage reliability as these things run some very significant boost?Wasn't aware the new prius is boosted? Unless I read it wrong ?

Bksrt8
04-15-2018, 11:00 AM
You cant do anything about gas prices. Getting mad about it only raises your blood pressure.

If you REALLY hate gas prices buy an old diesel and run it on vegtable oil or something. Otherwise, might as well just get used to it.

fast Ed
04-15-2018, 11:59 AM
I was due for a new demo a few weeks ago, boss asked me if I wanted to try an EcoBoost Fiesta that we've had in stock for a few months. Timing is great with the way the fuel prices are going. This is a 1.0L turbo 3 cyl. / 5-speed manual, which is 123 hp, and 125 lb./ft torque at 2500 rpm. Peak torque is much lower in the rev range than the base NA 1.6 4 cyl, at 2,600 lbs. this is a fun little DD. So far even with the cold weather I'm seeing around 5.0L/100 km out of it.

It's too bad that the small car market has gone for a crap in the U.S. and Canada, many of the manufacturers have great products on the market. Ford introduced a new gen of the Fiesta in Europe recently, but they're not going to bother bring it to North America.

Bksrt8
04-15-2018, 12:08 PM
Times are changing, i think its time we got the Renaults and the Citroens etc over here and let them have a presence in North America. We miss out on a TON of awesome cars here and i for one feel like that could change very soon being that fuel keeps going up in cost. I think people are realizing we need to stop driving the biggest vehicles produced in the world and start focusing on efficiency. Theres no demand for huge guzzling v8s anymore....the population here is getting too high for them....we need to down size a little. The only reason we have huge cars here is because we are all so damn fat....go for a fucking walk once in a while and youd actually fit in a Golf GTI or a Jetta lmao

hsousa88
04-15-2018, 12:53 PM
Thinking about buying a home up north in the next year or two.. definitely can’t DD the hemi so I’ll be in the market for a econobox. Going to suck paying insurance for 3 vehicles.. can a 4 banger tow my boat? Hmmm

Edit: the econo cars in Europe are some of the slowest things on 4 wheels. I’m talking 160km/h.. downhill.

Armen
04-15-2018, 01:29 PM
The reason they don’t have as many small car offerings here is because North Americans don’t buy them. We love our trucks and SUVs here. In other words, it’s consumer driven. Maybe if fuel cost keep rising people will become more interested in economy, but for the near future, they will still likely choose trucks and SUVs.

And about the Golf... I’m 6’4” and 345. I fit into the GTI no problem. Tons of room. It’s very impressive.

Bksrt8
04-15-2018, 01:55 PM
Not denying that its demand driven but i think for people living in the city there could be alot more choice in smaller cars. SUVs are definately in demand here and the beauty of them is even though most suvs are mid sized, there are some smaller ones that fit in the city just as easily as a small car. The demand will become higher and higher for smaller efficient vehicles as our population increases. Whats going to likely happen is you will see more companies doing what vauxhaul and holden do with GM. We will get the Clio and Meagan and other euro cars but they will just re brand them for north america, remember that goofy lookingToyota thingy? Its just a rebadged pontiac vibe....or maybe the other way around. Its inevitable....it WILL happen. But you know what, im ok with it....you can have as much fun in a sporty hot hatch as you can in a mustang and at much less cost. Little engines keep getting more and more powerful. Direct injection and turbos keep things fun especially when paired with 8-10 speed transmissions

Armen
04-15-2018, 01:59 PM
4cyl hot hatches are fun for sure. I’ve had two CRXSi’s. Total blast.

But nothing beats the sound of a V8 and that is a huge part of the fun of these cars.

Bksrt8
04-15-2018, 02:05 PM
Youre absolutely right about the v8 sound. Unfortunately one thing the euro cars lack IS the noise. Theres a few that sound really good but for the most part they just lack that uneven, lumpy sound of an american v8

FABMAN
04-15-2018, 03:11 PM
4cyl hot hatches are fun for sure. I’ve had two CRXSi’s. Total blast.

But nothing beats the sound of a V8 and that is a huge part of the fun of these cars.

Agreed, although I do like hit hatches like a GTI or WRX the sound of an American V8 is like no other. Likely why we will probably see a hybrid V8 Mustang in the future...this would allow you to have your performance and be easier on the wallet to operate.

StratGT
04-15-2018, 03:12 PM
IMO, Gasoline prices ultimately determine whether your vehicle or gasoline toys are still considered fun. If we hit $1.50/L then plus the extra cost for 94 octane then the muscle car crowd will continue to get smaller and smaller. We've witnessed this in the past number of years including other car clubs saying cruises and get togethers are decreasing also.

Pickup trucks are needed by many and I completely understand why people buy them. If gasoline was .80/Ltr my daily driver would be a '18 GT with a 10spd auto. With todays prices the want doesn't justify the need.

Fortunately my daily is a VW TDI...getting over 1000km/ tank on $50 worth of fuel with todays gas prices is money in the bank.

Bksrt8
04-15-2018, 03:16 PM
If gas was .80/liter i could ALMOST drive my Disco 2 as a DD and not go totally broke......almost!

CDNfyrfytr
04-15-2018, 04:37 PM
And about the Golf... I’m 6’4” and 345. I fit into the GTI no problem. Tons of room. It’s very impressive.

Wow, you’re a fat fuck!!!

J/k!!!!

Fat guy who drives stupid fast at the track [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTF
04-15-2018, 04:59 PM

as an owner of a 2016 GTI....I agree that the car has no problem hauling your big carcass....but those bolstered GTI seats will be a seriously tight squeeze for you

Bksrt8
04-15-2018, 05:07 PM
6'4 and 345 lbs is pretty big, what do you do for a living, work for the WWE? LOL

Windjammer
04-15-2018, 05:10 PM
sorry attached by comment to wrong post. Prius are really cool cars actually Most of the cabs in Vancouver are these and they are bullet tough with lot of miles

StAnger
04-15-2018, 05:11 PM
IMO, Gasoline prices ultimately determine whether your vehicle or gasoline toys are still considered fun. If we hit $1.50/L then plus the extra cost for 94 octane then the muscle car crowd will continue to get smaller and smaller. We've witnessed this in the past number of years including other car clubs saying cruises and get togethers are decreasing also.

In my experience car club participation is dropping regardless of gas prices. The local club (which I was the president of for a very short time) went from 45 members in 2015 to just 16 last year. And of that 16, only 5 of us would show up to meetings or anything to do with our annual show (including running it) and only I would show up to run cruise night on a regular basis.

Then again, I'm sure it's different in other places.

Screw
04-15-2018, 11:44 PM
Did US&A go bomb the Middle East again wtf 1.35 , I needed the weight of 105L in my tank so I didn’t get stuck tonight fak me

stangstevers
04-16-2018, 06:18 AM
Going electric saves me $2500 to $3000 a year in fuel. The cost to get into one is pretty low thanks to libs green crap right now. I can put that money towards the foxes lol. Keeping the Edge which is a wanna be SUV which gets around 11L/100 on the highway since I still want something AWD and can tow a small 4x8 trailer. So we’d be selling the Fusion. My wife will daily the SUV (about 10km a day, 3x a week). I will drive the new shitbox 100km a day in traffic and switch to the SUV on crappy winter days...

Plus it gives me an excuse to bring 60amps into the garage lol

Actually looking at the Hyundai IONIQ since Ford doesn’t have very good specs on electric and Tesla... WTF, by the time the 50k model3 hits the market, there won’t be anymore 14k incentive. Lol

stangstevers
04-16-2018, 10:21 AM
Welp, did the math and in my situation, having to sell the Fusion, it would take 5.5 years to break even making the switch so we will use the Fusion for another 4 to 5 years. Gas would have to be over 2 bucks for it to be worth it. And even then...

Even with the 14k and fuel savings, switching to electric isn’t worth it. We pay so much taxes, trying to get some back but this is a pipe dream... Wynne has it in his/her/it’s head that Ontario will have over 7 million electrics on the road, that won’t happen unless they tax us more which I bet will be in the plans in the next 4 years or so if people vote OLP again...

This is so we switch our billions of dollars in energy from gasoline to hydro which will make all the liberals friends very happy...