View Full Version : Lol lambos

stangstevers
04-15-2018, 06:43 AM
To me these cars are for the non-car guy wanting to show off wealth or access to credit. It’s not because I can’t afford one that I think they both look funny and unimpressive, it’s just so out of place and I’d take a Corvette over one of those super cars any day.

I saw 2 Lamborghinis the other day on the 407 and my reaction was laughter, they look so clowny (and I’m into fox mustangs lol). I just liked the wide tires is about it. Then I saw a black Corvette, much more impressive in the looks department and sounds much better. If I won the lotto, I won’t be running to an exotic car dealership, that’s for sure.

Just not impressed at all, anyone else find these Lamborghinis kind of silly looking?

Screw
04-15-2018, 06:58 AM
Not into them maybe cuz I know they’re not in my league, tbh like American muscle vs exotic

True Blue
04-15-2018, 07:56 AM
I can appreciate the exotics, I probably wouldn't buy one if I had the big bucks. I'd be buying up 60's-70's muscle cars instead, but that's me. Calling Lambos silly looking they are definitely not!

ZR
04-15-2018, 08:16 AM
Definitely out of my snack bracket but appreciate them just the same.

Armen
04-15-2018, 09:35 AM
Ah, no.... I don't think they're silly looking.

I saw a white Aventador on the highway just after they first came out and it looked freaking AMAZING going down the 401. And I was at a concert down town a few weeks ago and there was a black Huracan outside the restaurant (e11even) across from ACC. It was all blacked out. I don't think I'd fit in it, but I'd sure try!

Minaccia
04-15-2018, 09:53 AM
Steve, you're into a car that if it didn't come with a 5.0L badge on the fenders and a 5.0L under the hood only women would of been driving them cuz they sure ain't nice looking are they. Then you mentioned the Corvette LOLOLOLOLOL GM's answer to over done and let's copy the Italians super cars design. Every car manufacturer has come up with an ugly looking car at one time or another and hating on the Lambo's cuz you can't afford one well that's just funny.

Bksrt8
04-15-2018, 10:01 AM
You know whats funny looking?

Weirdly shaped pickup trucks with Honda badges on them.

Mazda Miatas....mazda anything really, they dont make anything i take too serious.

The last gen Subaru Impreza is funny looking.

ANYTHING made by Smart or Tesla.

Lambos are just over the top. I dont find them funny looking....they are pleasing to the eye and yet id never own one. I dont think id own a 60s or 70s muscle car either tho. They arent a car for DRIVERS. Lets face it, with maybe 2 or 3 exceptions theres nothing from the big 3 that even comes close performance wise to european cars. Muscle cars dont handle worth a fuck. They are cool and loud and because they are old they are awesome. The ultimate muscle car for me would be a 69 or 70 Boss 429 but would i buy one? No. Id be afraid of scratching it.....im still not quite "old" yet so i love driving like a dick on the highway and i couldnt risk ruining it and with the appauling handling, theres a high chance of that happening.

I WOULD own a Ferarri. Especially the F12.
If i had to buy a car, cost no object, something that would put a smile on my face every time i get in it.....Lexus LFA. Its stupid fast and handles like crazy but its not so over the top that youd be afraid to drive it....except the price....but fuck it, its only money.

hsousa88
04-15-2018, 10:16 AM
For me.. a 911 would bring all the smiles a Lambo brings for most people.

Bksrt8
04-15-2018, 10:17 AM
Bottom line....theyre ALL for showing off. Theres very few people that buy lambos and ferraris etc to use them as they were designed. Same with most other high end/expensive cars.

I can count on one hand the times ive seen a ferarri or lambo being driven hard on the street....whereas every time i see a toyota 86 or a civic or impreza etc, theyre ALWAYS being driven right on the edge by dick kids usually that cant afford a real car lol

Laffs
04-15-2018, 05:36 PM
Drive or at very least ride shotgun in a good one, it will change you mind. There's something other worldly about a symphonic V12 behind your head at full steam as your body struggles to comprehend the G forces being exerted upon it.

Do a lot of people buy them as status symbols? Yep absolutely. Do a lot of them sit in garages only to be driven in first gear down the boulevard once a week? Probably a common ownership occurrence.

That said I see more try-hards in V6 mustangs acting like absolute assholes trying to draw every last shred of attention to them. I also know for a fact I've driven my semi worthless 2000 Ford less in the last 3 years then 4 of the Lambo owners I know. For most exotic owners it's the culmination of a childhood dream and years of hard work and sacrifice. Unfortunately those aren't the stories you hear over the billionaires kid driven them in to poles. However I can't stand the current wrapping trend with chromes and glo in the dark colours, that's just garish for the sake of garish but at least divides the owner groups quickly.

If I won the lottery not sure there's a muscle car I'd be jumping to get ownership of, there's at least a dozen Porsche's and 1 particular Lambo at the head of that line.

Clutt gt
04-15-2018, 07:32 PM
I agree there are a lot of exotic cars that sit in garages. I do know of a particular collector that tracks his Merc Amg slr black and his mclaren 12c at least twice a year and the 12c is almost a daily in the summer. I would be shocked if it hasn’t gone well over the speed limits on public roads. But likely when (nobody is looking)
I once had an 02 stang vert only drove 10,000 km per year and spent its life spotless under a cover.
There are all types for all cars.
Generally you won’t witness the exotics driving on The street like an ass hat because one they are not as common as a hoped up civic or stang and two typically they are owned by older more mature professional adults with to much to loose.
They also can afford to take it to the track to play.
I don’t track my car and I don’t drive like a jack ass when people are around to see it. But yes it’s quick
It also sticks out like a sore thumb so you have to use your head.
I believe that Lamborghini owners quite often need to do the same and that is why you seem them drive like they are in a parade.
I would love one and would do the same. Be reasonable on the street and play out of the way as not to draw attention.
There are lots of mustangs that could have been the guy ripping it up.
But there is only one yellow Lamborghini and one orange Lamborghini in Bowmanville so which one was it? Right.
If I hit the throttle in the Cobra everyone for two blocks that sees me afterwards knows dam well it was me making all the racket. Sometimes standing out is part of the goal but sometimes standing out is a curse.

For the money I’d love a gt3 rs or 911r but I also love the huracan.
Love the new zr1 and the gt350r
I love old muscle and old muscle made to perform like new muscle
I like red heads and blondes, skinny girls or curvy girls
I like slammed or lifted trucks
And apparently I’m not fussy

Darkhorse
04-15-2018, 09:02 PM
Huracan FTW.

RedSN
04-15-2018, 09:57 PM
Just not impressed at all, anyone else find these Lamborghinis kind of silly looking?
I don’t know what you are talking about.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/Lamborghini_C_603_tractor.jpg

Harbinger
04-15-2018, 10:34 PM
The ones I saw were driven by rich fobs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

stangstevers
04-16-2018, 06:01 AM
Still don’t like them lol I’d maybe have a 911 daily driver. But I’d have a lot of 60’s muscle in my shop if I had the coin. I simply don’t get status symbols TBH. Lots of big money cars in the GTA these days though.