PDA

View Full Version : Van strikes as many as 10 pedestrians

R3troGT
04-23-2018, 03:45 PM
Terrible news.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/04/23/van-strikes-as-many-as-10-pedestrians-at-yonge-and-finch.html

stangstevers
04-23-2018, 04:23 PM
Pretty damn crazy. Things change in a heartbeat, and sometimes because of one messed up individual

WTF
04-23-2018, 05:07 PM
just got home....TTC subway would only go to Sheppard....so had to walk up to my place down the street from North York Centre

Yonge St is off limits....police tape up from Sheppard all the way to Finch

North York Centre main entrance facing the west side of Yonge St. is blocked off with Police tape from the inside

reporting 9 dead and 16 injured so far

this is messed up and way too fucking close to home

Armen
04-23-2018, 05:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTmwpIoXsuA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRz9HxGYnMg

Darkhorse
04-23-2018, 05:31 PM
No words. RIP to those taken and sincere condolences to their families.

CON VERT
04-23-2018, 05:42 PM
I know it was in your back yard Tim , but living in Ajax is still too close too home for my liking !!!

92redragtop
04-23-2018, 05:52 PM
They should have shot him in the kneecaps to inflict some pain at least. RIP to the victims.

I hope no members or their families were affected.

WTF
04-23-2018, 06:07 PM
I know it was in your back yard Tim , but living in Ajax is still too close too home for my liking !!!

every spot they're showing on the media I know like the back of my hand...and most I walk through on a daily basis

the spot where the copper nabbed this fucker is right across from the Shell station that I fill the GTI up every week

the traffic in front of my house right now is full retard.....Jodi probably won't be home for hours

this isn't in my backyard....it's on my doorstep

RIP to the victims....this is seriously messed up

FABMAN
04-23-2018, 06:22 PM
Just awful, RIP to the victims of this cowardly attack.

ZR
04-23-2018, 06:33 PM
Thoughts and prayers to those hurt and to those we lost.

Harbinger
04-23-2018, 08:12 PM
Guy who struck the pedestrians is Alek Minassian. 9 confirmed dead

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

92redragtop
04-23-2018, 10:36 PM
Have to say the officer did well in keeping his cool while being threatened and not letting loose with a barrage of bullets.

Hutch
04-23-2018, 10:47 PM
Wow horrible situation with no motive or explanation.crazy. Nice heartless comments by Trudeau. Fucking dick head

Old Fart
04-23-2018, 11:02 PM
Looks like they may be pointing to mental health issues...RIP to the victims...thoughts and prayers.

RedSN
04-24-2018, 10:51 AM
Have to say the officer did well in keeping his cool while being threatened and not letting loose with a barrage of bullets.
I'm not sure how/why the officer didn't shoot him. After the first time the perp did a quick-draw motion I would have opened fire.
Good call on the officer's part, but wow, that could have ended very differently if he actually did have more than just a cell phone in his pocket.

What a horrific situation. So pointless. I'm very sad for all the victims and especially their families. Can't even imagine.

ZR
04-24-2018, 10:53 AM
Incredible judgement + nerves of steel.

Armen
04-24-2018, 11:17 AM
I don't know if it was good judgement, but nerves of steel yes.

If this had have went the other way and the guy DID have a gun and killed the cop, everyone would be asking why the cop didn't shoot him.

Harbinger
04-24-2018, 11:34 AM
Would have been shot instantly in the USA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Laffs
04-24-2018, 11:37 AM
That right there is why I give huge credit to LEO's and also why I'd never be one. When the officers shoot it's asked why they shot, when they don't it's asked why they didn't. Not just this situation specifically but overall and also not judging anyone stance here. Happened locally a few weeks ago, guy with a stack of knives swung at and injured two officers. They shot and killed him and now the family is claiming they didn't do enough prior to shooting.

Personally I think it's good in a way he didn't give the bastard what he wanted with an easy out, and also perhaps now we can get more answers why. The vindictive part of me wishes they put two in his chest and let him bleed out slowly.

Armen
04-24-2018, 11:44 AM
...and also perhaps now we can get more answers why.

Well, if this is at all accurate, the answer may astonish you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXhf23650F8

92redragtop
04-24-2018, 01:13 PM
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-facebook-post-connected-to-suspect-in-van-rampage-cites-incel/

Laffs
04-24-2018, 01:28 PM
Well, if this is at all accurate, the answer may astonish you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXhf23650F8

Wait, fucking 4chan incel bullshit?

Revise my earlier thoughts, put one between his eyes and throw him in a dumpster.

92redragtop
04-24-2018, 01:58 PM
Wait, fucking 4chan incel bullshit?

Revise my earlier thoughts, put one between his eyes and throw him in a dumpster.

Hadn't heard of "incel" before - not sure if it's a subset of the MGTOW movement.

There was also some talk about autism which may point to root cause.

Laffs
04-24-2018, 02:11 PM
Hadn't heard of "incel" before - not sure if it's a subset of the MGTOW movement.

There was also some talk about autism which may point to root cause.

Different sub genre I believe, lots of similarities however. I remember the California case when it happened, the whole thing is ridiculous.

I read he had Aspergers as well, so did the guy in California, Sandy Hook, others. Not saying that the condition makes you violent but really reinforces the narrative we do not have all the mental health support systems figured out at all.

92redragtop
04-24-2018, 04:57 PM
Different sub genre I believe, lots of similarities however. I remember the California case when it happened, the whole thing is ridiculous.

I read he had Aspergers as well, so did the guy in California, Sandy Hook, others. Not saying that the condition makes you violent but really reinforces the narrative we do not have all the mental health support systems figured out at all.

Yes, appears this subset is "involuntary" versus those that "choose" but similar fundamentals.

I think Aspergers is on the autism spectrum (there may have been some quotes from his mother in a local newspaper from a few years back) - I'll admit I don't know much about it but there have been cutbacks in support for those with autism and parents of kids on the spectrum have been fighting with the Province and the cutbacks. Not sure if anything could have been done here but that will all get reviewed coming out of this.

Ontariomystic
04-24-2018, 06:05 PM
Mental health issue means get off easy if you ask me.

WTF
04-24-2018, 06:28 PM
Mental health issue means get off easy if you ask me.

totally agree

we have a cop killer walking the streets because of "mental health issues"

we have some fucker who beheaded a guy on a bus and ate his brain walking the streets because of "mental health issues"

lets hope they keep taking their meds now

enough of this shit

there needs to be a threshold in this country

when you kill people and pull the "mental health" card.....fine...maybe you don't go to jail for the rest of your life....but you go to a padded fucking room instead

what you don't get to do is EVER be out in public again

5.4MarkVIII
04-24-2018, 08:40 PM
its a scary thought and a very difficult topic when we discuss someone with mental health issues being able to be a part of society with everyone else vs any possible danger they may pose to others

i have family that work as EA's and its scary some of teh stories that they tell me about kids that are going to school with our children

some that they have to have special safe rooms that people can go into to hide from the kids if they go nuts.
one that has to be patted down every day because he likes to steal scissors and try to stab people
one EA actuall got stabbed in the stomach with a pencil
one kid is on his 5th school because he is hurting other kids and eventually enough parents complain that the move him. he is in kindergarden

my mom was beat up by a kid in her school becasue he wanted to leave

oh and all this in rural schools with small numbers compaired to big schools and these are kindergarden to grade 8 schools

there are failures all the way around when it comes to how these kids are being delt with from the school board to the parents, drs and police

then we all sit back and scratch out heads when after years of medications and baby gloves that they snap and things get really bad

eventualy hard decisions are going to have to be made, but that wont happen with all the people who think a hug solves all

1quikgt
04-24-2018, 09:36 PM
If this guy was mentally deficient how did he get licensed. How did he get a vehicle.

If he has Asperger's it's high functioning autism. Would be perfectly capable of getting a license. I believe Dan Akroyd has it.

92redragtop
04-25-2018, 06:44 PM
A 7-year old boy orphaned by this criminal.

ZR
04-25-2018, 10:00 PM
Consequences of his actions are far reaching.