PDA

View Full Version : Road cyclists in here?

stangstevers
05-03-2018, 11:01 AM
I can respect the sport and all that but I have to ask...

Why do you choose to go on a bike ride in 80/90km/h zones on the white line risking getting sucked under some rig's wheels or just turning into roadkill. I ask because the other day I had to slow right down to 15km/h in an 80 because a group of tight-pant wearing cyclists didn't allow room for me to safely pass - thankfully the dude behind me saw I was slowing down but he almost got into a head-on collision thinking about passing me. I hope I don't ever have to make 1 of 3 choices with family in my car one day: 1) hit cyclist, 2) risk head-on collision, or; 3) get rear-ended.

Now... there are plenty of beautiful trails for cycling all around the GTA, why not use them and be in nature instead of a dangerous road? I'd drive to my cycling destination. Or just start downhill or cross-country biking like a man and go play in the mountains :D :P I used to downhill mountain bike as I lived near some great trails and totally get cycling but I would NEVER, never in a million years bike on a 80kmh road. Even 60kmh roads make me nervous. I can't imagine getting passed by cars going 90/100 in 80 zones about 3 feet from you. Just crazy in my books.

RedSN
05-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Why do you choose to go on a bike ride in 80/90km/h zones on the white line risking getting sucked under some rig's wheels or just turning into roadkill. I ask because the other day I had to slow right down to 15km/h in an 80 because a group of tight-pant wearing cyclists didn't allow room for me to safely pass
A. Must of been a very slow peloton, usually those guys ride around 35+ km/h
B. Yes, very inconsiderate of them to be on your road.

stangstevers
05-03-2018, 11:52 AM
I just question the sanity of having a bicycle on fast roads. I cringe when a 53 footer passes them, can't imagine how safe/sane that really is. It is legal for them, I think bicycles are allowed on any road except series 400 highways.

5.4MarkVIII
05-03-2018, 12:12 PM
Problem is that most bikes don’t bother to follow the rules of the road that they want to bike on. They demand cars give them space when they pas but then zip down the side when you reach a sign or light and hold everyone up again

They ride multiple abreast making it impossible to pass

They run stop signs, don’t signal their movements ect ect.

If you want to bike on the road. Fine. But follow the rules.

03svt
05-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Probably been comes that most bikes don’t bother to follow the rules of the road that they want to bike on. They demeans cars give them space when they pas but then zip down the side when you reach a sign or light and hold everyone up again

They ride multiple abreast making it impossible to pass

They run stop signs, don’t signal their movements ect ect.

If you want to bike on the road. Fine. But follow the rules.

i see cars doing this as well.

5.4MarkVIII
05-03-2018, 12:30 PM
true and I have always said that the police should spend more time patrolling for light runners and people failing to follow general rules for driving instead of just sitting hidden waiting for the radar to beep

but running a stop sign or cutting someone off in a car is one thing doing that on a bike is just a death wish

Gabe
05-03-2018, 12:32 PM
I didn’t realize downhill or cross country biking was what defines being a man

I can only imagine how disruptive it must have been to your day that you had to slow down for a couple seconds before you were safely able to pass that slow moving atrocity.

stangstevers
05-03-2018, 12:54 PM
i see cars doing this as well.

and recently freaking semi-trucks too :(

stangstevers
05-03-2018, 01:06 PM
What's funny is the time I only truly hated cyclists was when I rode my bicycle to work in Toronto. Worst assholes with roadrage I've ever seen.

Edit: lived in high park, went through the park and along lakeshore trail... some road, man is traffic scary sometimes.