View Full Version : Plates Missing

Mellow Yellow
05-04-2018, 08:06 PM
So pickup my Mustang from the dealer, after hours with no-one there.

Drive home, about 20kms. Once at home realized BOTH plates are missing!
Can't contact dealer until tomorrow, but there is absolutely no reason for them to remove them.

Contacted the Chatham-Kent police. They have not yet listed them as stolen, in case they are the dealership.

In case they have been stolen the plate is:

MLLWYLLW

Ponyryd
05-04-2018, 08:18 PM
Damn that sucks. Likely hanging in someone’s garage due to the cool factor. I’ll keep my eyes peeled down here bud.

ZR
05-04-2018, 09:13 PM
Strongly suggest report now in case being used in the commission of a crime.

Mellow Yellow
05-04-2018, 09:26 PM
Strongly suggest report now in case being used in the commission of a crime.

ZR I did contact Chatham-Kent police. They are aware and have notified their officers, just in case.

ZR
05-04-2018, 09:47 PM
Nicely done sir.

OldSchool
05-04-2018, 10:38 PM
We had our custom plates stolen once, car was parked in the driveway. Next morning they were BACK on the car.

Ponyryd
05-04-2018, 10:41 PM
^That was me :) I’m sure you understand.

Kev, we have cameras everywhere, so here’s hoping they do as well.

Mellow Yellow
05-05-2018, 11:31 AM
Stopped at the dealer after Cars & Coffee at R&M Sothebys in Chatham.

They do have cameras, a lot of them too. Light staff today and they need to pin point the time lines to see what's what.
He did say it could have been a lot guy told to take plates of one Mustang and place on another Mustang and of course off the wrong one. If this is the case you would think the owners of the new Mustang would notice personalized plates.

Anyway, service staff and mechanics are back on Monday and they will follow up..........you can be assured I will!

Mellow Yellow
05-07-2018, 08:31 AM
Plates have been found!

Dealer had a yellow Mustang traded in on Friday. Salesman told lot boy to take the plates off the yellow Mustang...he chose mine.
Fortunately, the person who traded the other yellow Mustang in wanted new plates, so mine were sitting on a desk.

Being delivered to me.

ZR
05-07-2018, 08:36 AM
Honest mistake, good to hear it turned out just that simple.

Harbinger
05-07-2018, 10:20 AM
Awesome that the situation has been resolved!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Biz
05-07-2018, 11:02 AM
Plates have been found!

Dealer had a yellow Mustang traded in on Friday. Salesman told lot boy to take the plates off the yellow Mustang...he chose mine.
Fortunately, the person who traded the other yellow Mustang in wanted new plates, so mine were sitting on a desk.

Being delivered to me.

Make sure you call the cops back :D

Mellow Yellow
05-07-2018, 08:13 PM
Make sure you call the cops back :D

Biz, first thing on my mind.

With my luck, I’d be meeting some of the finest face to face!