PDA

View Full Version : Toronto traffic!!!

Mellow Yellow
05-08-2018, 09:54 PM
You who live and work in the GTA how the F**K do you guys get anything done??

Had an appointment in Downsview today. The traffic, both on the highways (took both the 401 for a bit and the 407) and off, was brutal....and I'm sure it was actually light for GTA residents.

And I have three more appointments over the next few weeks. I may have to camp out over night! LOL

ZR
05-08-2018, 09:55 PM
Not for the faint of heart.

Mellow Yellow
05-08-2018, 09:58 PM
I can be as big a bully as some of the drivers, with the F150, but it is so congested and doesn't seem to go anywhere very fast.

ZR
05-08-2018, 10:03 PM
Smooth n steady keeps the nerves calm..................well that and a 407 transponder.

newbiestangowner
05-08-2018, 10:15 PM
U get used to it - that and leaving Uber early [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3troGT
05-09-2018, 06:55 AM
Not an issue for me. I live near Kipling and Dundas and work near Kipling and the 401. 10 min in the morning and 20 min going home.

stangstevers
05-09-2018, 07:08 AM
I drive 50km to my shithole office... leave at 5:40 on the 401 in the morning and take the 407 in the afternoon...

Laffs
05-09-2018, 02:24 PM
Chicago, scary gangsta dangerous.

Amen to this. Chicago driving is fucking terrifying. Last time I was there my truck was almost totaled 3 times. Next time I go I'm taking the damn train.

WTF
05-09-2018, 05:45 PM

own a house walking distance from a subway line to get to and from the office.....and run weekend errands with the car early in the morning

if/when I need to drive to the office, I'm down there by about 645am....and it takes like 15 minutes...coming home is a whole other deal....throw in some bad weather and you could have a 2 hour shitshow on your hands

when I do my runs to the butcher, nursery, crappy tire etc on the weekends....I'm done before noon.....the difference between running errands in the morning vs afternoon could mean hours stuck in traffic

early bird gets the worm

sentone
05-09-2018, 07:18 PM

Had an appointment in Downsview today. The traffic, both on the highways (took both the 401 for a bit and the 407) and off, was brutal....and I'm sure it was actually light for GTA residents.

And I have three more appointments over the next few weeks. I may have to camp out over night! LOLBro, I've been working as a driver since Jan and honestly this week has been one of the worst, Monday was INSANE, god damn dump truck forgot the back lifted and hit a overpass on 401.... Disrupted the entire grid. Today was the same thing. Not to mention the countless construction sites that appeared out of nowhere.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

twister
05-09-2018, 08:08 PM
patience is my virtue ..

Quicksilver
05-10-2018, 12:26 PM
I have been in my business for 39 years, driving all over the city from Mississauga to Oshawa providing estimates and checking on projects. In that time I have seen enormous growth in buildings, roads, and the number of Timmies.
However, it's traffic that has been the most notably affected. I live in Newmarket, so traffic here is fine, but get south of the 407 and it's terrible. Typically I get on the 404 to the 401. That intersection is ALWAYS crowded, Perhaps the single worst designed intersection of any highway I've ever seen and I've driven extensively through the U.S.
The other day I fought traffic to get down the 404/Don Valley to Eglington, then turned west to get to Bayview, fighting more traffic due to the subway being built. Took an hour and a half to get there. On my way back I thought to take Bayview north and Avoid Eglington. Even worse. Traffic on Bayview was backed up due to construction. Finally make it to the 401, which was packed going east to the 404, which was bumper to bumper up to Major Mack!. Round trip was almost 4 hours, of which I spent 20 minutes with the client.
Our politicians all seem to hate cars. They simply don't understand that most of us don't like public transit, and before I give up my ca they'll have to drag me kicking and screaming out of it.
I'm even thinking that may next car after the next one, might possibly be an automatic!

The Newmare
05-10-2018, 12:56 PM
I commute daily from Ajax to Leslie and York Mills not so bad,but during the day is a different story.

Harbinger
05-10-2018, 03:30 PM
I have been in my business for 39 years, driving all over the city from Mississauga to Oshawa providing estimates and checking on projects. In that time I have seen enormous growth in buildings, roads, and the number of Timmies.
However, it's traffic that has been the most notably affected. I live in Newmarket, so traffic here is fine, but get south of the 407 and it's terrible. Typically I get on the 404 to the 401. That intersection is ALWAYS crowded, Perhaps the single worst designed intersection of any highway I've ever seen and I've driven extensively through the U.S.
The other day I fought traffic to get down the 404/Don Valley to Eglington, then turned west to get to Bayview, fighting more traffic due to the subway being built. Took an hour and a half to get there. On my way back I thought to take Bayview north and Avoid Eglington. Even worse. Traffic on Bayview was backed up due to construction. Finally make it to the 401, which was packed going east to the 404, which was bumper to bumper up to Major Mack!. Round trip was almost 4 hours, of which I spent 20 minutes with the client.
Our politicians all seem to hate cars. They simply don't understand that most of us don't like public transit, and before I give up my ca they'll have to drag me kicking and screaming out of it.
I'm even thinking that may next car after the next one, might possibly be an automatic! As a daily go getter... automatic is gold

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Mellow Yellow
05-10-2018, 04:01 PM
In the 80s I lived in Pickering and commuted to Leslie and York Mills Rd. The Rothman's building at the time.

Driving was stressful then but no where near as difficult as now.

90GT
05-10-2018, 06:29 PM
Oh man... Kipling and Dundas are about to get super confusing. By the end of the month We're gonna be diverting Dundas and tearing down that bridge that splits to Bloor. Not to mention that Kipling northbound to St Albans ramp is gonna be closed... I can already feel the road rage!!

01CobraVert
05-10-2018, 09:44 PM
learn transferable skills and leave the city

ZR
05-11-2018, 01:26 AM
Picking up a car trailer a day ago near Leslie n Eg took 45 minutes each way on Wednesday around lunch time.

R3troGT
05-11-2018, 07:22 AM
Oh man... Kipling and Dundas are about to get super confusing. By the end of the month We're gonna be diverting Dundas and tearing down that bridge that splits to Bloor. Not to mention that Kipling northbound to St Albans ramp is gonna be closed... I can already feel the road rage!!

I live right in the heart of all this mess on Dunbloor. When I drive home I turn left on the first road south of Burnhamthorpe and take the side streets to go down to Dundas. Helps avoid the "Bridges"

Going to be nuts for a while

stangstevers
05-11-2018, 08:32 AM
Montreal wasn’t much better if you live off island. But I remember drivers were just aggressive not stupid as fuck as witnessed in Toronto/GTA