PDA

View Full Version : interesting debate topic. (non political)

5.4MarkVIII
05-09-2018, 05:20 PM
so this has come up a couple times in a "dad" group I'm in, and I'm frankly dumbfounded by the average response of grown men who are suppose to be teaching their kids values and respect.

so your out shopping and you kid says "I have to pee", you ask the store your in or closest too but they say sorry we don't have a public washroom or the washroom is for paying customers only.

for me as a business owner if someone came in and asked to use our washroom I let them, its accessed from the show room, so no security concern and yes sometimes people make a mess, but I pay people to clean that up. lol

BUT, I find no fault whatsoever and thing its a business owners right to deny access to customers, we aren't talking about a race thing here just no public washrooms.

this has happened to us with our kids as well as with me being a tech on the road, and I really should not have stopped and ate McDonald's for lunch. and if told no I always have responded with thanks anyway have a good day or do you know of any close by public washrooms?

but apparently that's not the case with a lot of people.

these guys are like furious that someone would deny washroom use to the point of on line ranting calling out the place of business, boycotting the place and calling for others to do the same, and calling out anyone, that disagrees with them.

one response was even "let me use the washroom or ill have my kid do it in the middle of your store and you can clean it up there"

I'm just dumbfounded I know people have a self entitlement issue now a days but to publicly condemn because of a lack of public washroom?

so what do you guys think?

relax and find another place.

condemn the business

we don't care unless they have a mustang poster in the washroom

stangstevers
05-09-2018, 05:30 PM
Never came up... But I'd assume there's no time to argue, just move on?

92redragtop
05-09-2018, 05:35 PM
This is #1 (pun intended). It's up to the business to offer access as a courtesy - if you're out and about you should be able to figure out how to look after yourself and your family and not expect someone else to.

03svt
05-09-2018, 07:36 PM
I had a customer (haven’t seen in years) that had bought from me a couple times but I must have been in prime shitting location, would stop in and ask to use the bathroom but (SHE) would absolutely DESTROY! my toilet, so much so, that I would have to clean it right away incase someone came in and thought it was me.....

Fucking gross!

So i can totally see why some business would say no haha..maybe they’ve had the same experience I’ve had.

USAWIT2
05-09-2018, 07:44 PM
As a guy who's on the road most days, I pretty much know where all the Esso gas stations are in my area especially the ones with the Tims kiosk. Or if your in a pinch Homedepots washrooms are also pretty clean.
No point putting up a fuss if the business says no

Ponyryd
05-09-2018, 08:07 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K2JtNouF2rQ

I agree the proper thing to do is say thanks anyway and move on, not act like a child. Problem is, the entitlement today, and the social media mentality, where everything is expected and if it’s not delivered, the company or person gets bashed on social media, which is “liked” and “shared” countless times, only adding fuel to the fire.

Not sure how to imbed vids, damn.

55 HD
05-09-2018, 08:10 PM
SHIT HAPPENS, move on to the next place.

5.4MarkVIII
05-09-2018, 08:43 PM
As a guy who's on the road most days, I pretty much know where all the Esso gas stations are in my area especially the ones with the Tims kiosk. Or if your in a pinch Homedepots washrooms are also pretty clean.
No point putting up a fuss if the business says no

I've found the best spots are community centers, library's and arenas. they are usually dead quiet in the day time and always clean.
other good spot is parks and ball diamonds but usually only in the summer months

5.4MarkVIII
05-09-2018, 08:45 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K2JtNouF2rQ

I agree the proper thing to do is say thanks anyway and move on, not act like a child. Problem is, the entitlement today, and the social media mentality, where everything is expected and if it’s not delivered, the company or person gets bashed on social media, which is “liked” and “shared” countless times, only adding fuel to the fire.

Not sure how to imbed vids, damn.

that's what gets me the most, now sorry you cant use my privately owned bathroom. so they look to "deal a blow" by effecting someone's livelihood.

RedSN
05-09-2018, 11:51 PM
I’m going to agree with you MarkVII. I don’t understand the outrage.
My parents always asked me before leaving the house if I had to go. Too bad kid, hold it.

Retail store, no, you don’t have the right to use their restroom.
Restaurant, especially a chain restaurant, yes, even if not a paying customer. I feel like I frequent enough Tim’s and McD’s that if I need to use their facilities, even if not purchasing anything at the time, I should be able to use their washroom.

5.4MarkVIII
05-10-2018, 07:36 AM
I think tims and McDonalds have a "for paying customers only" rule, but I have never been turned away from one for not buying anything
thats why i dont understand the uproar, there are so many options,

the first time this came up about ayear or so ago it was after an artical about a mom who was in london and her kid had to pee. so she went into a tattoo parlor and they told her no. try the bus station accros the street.

(the story got spread around after teh mom whent on facebook and gve the place a bad review and generaly hurt eh business becasue he would not let her kid use his washroom. the tattoo parlors regular patrions came to his defence and things got pretty nasty)

but the start of it all. what kind of parent has a kid that has to pee and ignores the bus station and the tims down the block and chooses a seedy tattoo parlour to take their kid pee?

Laffs
05-10-2018, 08:20 AM
Gotta agree with you, the thought that someone would try to denigrate a business or its staff because they wouldn't provide washroom access is sickening. But like you stated not shocking given the current crop of entitled and self righteous morons out there spreading seed.

Quicksilver
05-10-2018, 10:12 AM
I also am out and about 6 days a week. Timmies, McDonalds, most gas stations, and the big box home improvement stores are everywhere in the event of an "emergency".

On another note, in agreement with the comments about the woman who destroyed the bathroom. I will sometimes go into a public toilet where the #2 is spread on the floor (I guess the previous user missed the toilet!)or all over the lid, the toilet unflushed and paper towels and such all over the floor.
I used to have a friend who owned 9 Subway frnqchises, and he commented to me how disgusting so many people were when using the facilities. I wonder if they are like that at home.

IanGTCS
05-12-2018, 02:38 PM
Grocery stores also tend to have open washrooms. The bathroom at my work is either in the old owners house (our office/shop building is separate without plumbing) or a port a potty. Customers are free to use the outhouse but most decline, having strangers go into someone's house just isn't right.

Now to avoid getting angered by these types of posts the best idea is just avoid any sort of parent group on social media. Really avoid facebook all together.